Notices

Class of July 2017 Support Thread Part 2

Old 07-28-2017, 04:13 AM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Love, love, love this group! So much positivity. So many small, but significant successes. Just scanning back over the last few pages, I picked out the following:

- a great few day away with my spouse in a spectacular setting
- my concentration has improved of late and I am also becoming more patient
- I can already see that my skin is looking better
- Lots of positivity inside me right now
- I am getting a solid 7-8 hours of sleep now. About the same as when I was drinking, but this is uninterrupted and I feel more rested.
- My energy is starting to come back.
- Went to the cinema last night & had a brilliant time.....sober!!!!

And what successes does our drinking contribute to? A temporary bit of relief and escape, followed by extended periods of misery and shame. No more. Not in this lifetime.

Wishing you all a great day.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:20 AM
  # 502 (permalink)  

By the way, I'm facing my first social event this evening, since freeing myself from this alcohol anchor that's been hanging around my neck. The last time I was with this group, there was plenty of drinking, dancing, and yes, lots of fun. Tonight, it will be no different, except that one of the attendees will be drinking Ginger Ale and not beer. And I plan to have an even better time.

Okay, enough posting by CP64 now. Just had alot on my mind this morning.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:41 AM
  # 503 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ClearPath64 View Post
By the way, I'm facing my first social event this evening, since freeing myself from this alcohol anchor that's been hanging around my neck. The last time I was with this group, there was plenty of drinking, dancing, and yes, lots of fun. Tonight, it will be no different, except that one of the attendees will be drinking Ginger Ale and not beer. And I plan to have an even better time.

Okay, enough posting by CP64 now. Just had alot on my mind this morning.
Good luck with your social event this evening CP64, ginger ale tastes better than beer anyway
Old 07-28-2017, 04:43 AM
  # 504 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SeanFox87 View Post
Good luck with your social event this evening CP64, ginger ale tastes better than beer anyway
Yuk ! lol x
Old 07-28-2017, 04:56 AM
  # 505 (permalink)  

Smile Day 54

Helllo fellow buddies!!!

This is for those who smoked to reduce stress.

It's day 54 here.
I handle a lots of stress in my job. So I used to smoke whenever I have a peak of stress. So, I smoked at least 4 cigarettes a day. If I take a drink, I smoke more than 8 per day. I experienced a release in stress at the moment after smoking. But slowly, My overall stress (long term stress) increased. In other words, I started experiencing sleeping disorders. I couldnt stop thinking about job matters at home, leasure time or wherever/whenever.
Now after 54 days, I understood that this long term stress is slowly fading out. my sleep is getting better slowly.
Smoking doesnt reduce your stress. It gives you a temporary pleasure. It slowly kills your stress baring potential.

Good Luck guys.
Sthathemad.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:57 AM
  # 506 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Good day July!
Wanted to say hello ..
TGIF and I woke up clean and sober.
Best to all today.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:26 AM
  # 507 (permalink)  

Goid luck CP!
Old 07-28-2017, 07:28 AM
  # 508 (permalink)  

Today is day 4 abd I woke up cold and sweaty. It's friday and one of my favorite boozy days. Hopefully I can prove to myself I can do this.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:40 AM
  # 509 (permalink)  
Sober since 7/10/17

Originally Posted by Bananas44 View Post
Today is day 4 abd I woke up cold and sweaty. It's friday and one of my favorite boozy days. Hopefully I can prove to myself I can do this.
I think the weekends are harder for most of us. I find it helpful to plan my whole weekend including Friday night. I should probably take my own advise and get that done.
Old 07-28-2017, 08:16 AM
  # 510 (permalink)  

Just a quick check in today- I feel like I'm getting caught up on all of my stuff that was stressing my out (calling the bill collectors to arrange payments, getting caught up on course work exc). It feels really good to actually be taking responsibility instead of drinking so that I just don't care about any of it- burying my head in the sand.

My memory is still not 100%- whoever recommended the Quit That! app- I just downloaded it- it's so awesome, thank you for the advice! I've saved $355 so far this month!! Lol, and I wondered how we had gotten into debt.

Anyway, today feels like a good day. Day 26 today. Almost hitting that 30 day mark, wow! Things are improving. My skin, my relationships, my ability to commit, my eyes are clear- not bloodshot and cloudy. Oh, I've lost 10 lbs due to not drinking, having energy to workout again and being mindful of the foods that I'm putting into my body. This is totally worth it and I'm so grateful to be here in this group.

TGIF everyone- have a great and safe weekend
Old 07-28-2017, 08:32 AM
  # 511 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stubbs16 View Post
Btw, I was wondering what happened to our moderator Dee? Hope he is ok. Make it a great sober today.
I saw in my original class that Dee is just taking a little break. I'm sure he will be back soon! He deserves a break, he does SO much around here!
Old 07-28-2017, 08:42 AM
  # 512 (permalink)  

Good morning all
I'm a bit late posting today. 3 of my kids had super early dentist appointments. So glad that's over. I don't mind going to the dentist myself. But for some reason it's become a huge anxiety trigger for my kids to go. I think it's the fear of the unknown. So silly, but it is what it is.

Three of my kids will be away for the weekend. I find that a bit triggering. I'll take DyerMakers advice and plan the weekend out in my journal after I post this. I have plenty of cleaning, reading and crafting to do but that will only fill up so much time.

So good to see everyone posting! Have a fantastic sober day all!
Old 07-28-2017, 08:43 AM
  # 513 (permalink)  

Here comes the weekend! It doesn't make much of a difference to me drinking-wise, luckily. I've been very busy every day for years, so there's no extra pressure to drink on any given day, really. It was quite rare for me to get drunk (drunk enough that other people would notice - slurred speech, poor balance etc), or drink particularly quickly, even on weekends. But the number of beers consumed over a week while relaxing was definitely unhealthily high.

I've got a few challenges this weekend though (but in a nice way). I'm going to some festivals, and a beach, and a zoo and staying in a nice hotel right on the beach. It's going to be a big test of my resolve, but I'm not going to stress about it. I'm putting 100% of my positive energy into enjoying this weekend as much as possible. I don't "deserve a drink" for almost making it to two weeks so far, but I'd like to think that I do deserve a couple of very happy days.

Good luck to you all as well! Hugs!!
Old 07-28-2017, 09:17 AM
  # 514 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ClearPath64 View Post
Love, love, love this group! So much positivity. So many small, but significant successes. Just scanning back over the last few pages, I picked out the following:

- a great few day away with my spouse in a spectacular setting
- my concentration has improved of late and I am also becoming more patient
- I can already see that my skin is looking better
- Lots of positivity inside me right now
- I am getting a solid 7-8 hours of sleep now. About the same as when I was drinking, but this is uninterrupted and I feel more rested.
- My energy is starting to come back.
- Went to the cinema last night & had a brilliant time.....sober!!!!

And what successes does our drinking contribute to? A temporary bit of relief and escape, followed by extended periods of misery and shame. No more. Not in this lifetime.

Wishing you all a great day.
"Drunkeness is an overpriced, overrated state of illusion and delusion, and if I may add confusion!"
Old 07-28-2017, 09:23 AM
  # 515 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
"Drunkeness is an overpriced, overrated state of illusion and delusion, and if I may add confusion!"
💗💗💗
I'm writing this one down!
Old 07-28-2017, 09:51 AM
  # 516 (permalink)  

Hello all - day 27 end of week 4

Just a quick check in today. Not feeling that positive for some reason. Probably just need a good nights sleep.

Well done to everyone for progressing this far.

Great description for drunkenness by the way sunshine72. Right on the money. Will have to remember this one.

Night all
Old 07-28-2017, 09:57 AM
  # 517 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please continue:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post6553585