Notices

In agony

Old 10-27-2016, 09:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

In agony

Please can someone help, I stopped drinking 3 years ago to look after my mum. I managed to get my drinking under control after drinking very heavy for ages. I was doing fine until this year when I started getting severe pains in the left side of my head which went down to my face when the pain hits. Ialso get high heart rate and Ive got a bit of a lazy eye too with ringing in my ears stopping and starting. I just wanted to know bif wet brain could happen after this length of time. My neurologist said no and laughed at me but the pain is so intense. Thanks
Old 10-27-2016, 09:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am sorry you are suffering so. I will pray for relief and answers.
Old 10-27-2016, 10:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

I thought you were diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia. Why would you want to turn that into Wernicke–Korsakoff syndrome?

Like Gilmer, I hope you find relief.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Semi-Professional Philosopher

I think its time to see another doctor. This post seems really familiar for some reason...
Old 10-27-2016, 12:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Check with another doctor, no one can diagnose you here. This is I think the 6th or 7th thread you've made on the topic,...
Old 10-27-2016, 01:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I know you are in pain but you've been here asking this same question multiple times amuawad1. We are not a medical advice forum, you need to ask these questions of a doctor. If the doctor you see currently is not providing adequate care, please see a different doctor. We cannot diagnose you here and it's against forum policy for anyone to ask for or disseminate medical information.

I think it's also been shared multiple times that wet brain is not a condition that is generally associated with pain. Please find a different doctor or perhaps even a psychologist to see if perhaps you have any other associated psychological conditions.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on stopping putting abusive chemicals in your brain!

Now if brain scans, and tests show all clear, why not REJOYCE?

They could have found fatal cancerous tumors, etc.

If the doctors are diagnosing possible psychosomatic causation, are you also addressing that?

Best wishes
Old 10-27-2016, 03:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I probably shared this before but I had to see several doctors before I found one who could help me with my trigeminal neuralgia.

I know the pain is insane. I empathise.
I hope you find a solution soon

D
Old 10-27-2016, 04:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Get another Doctor, the one you have now is obviously not giving you the help you need whatever help that may be.
Old 10-27-2016, 04:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

what else did your neurologist say?

trigeminal neuralgia symptoms9 (from the Mayo Clinic):

•Episodes of severe, shooting or jabbing pain that may feel like an electric shock
•Spontaneous attacks of pain or attacks triggered by things such as touching the face, chewing, speaking and brushing teeth
•Bouts of pain lasting from a few seconds to several minutes
•Episodes of several attacks lasting days, weeks, months or longer — some people have periods when they experience no pain
•Constant aching, burning feeling that's less intense than the spasm-like pain
•Pain in areas supplied by the trigeminal nerve, including the cheek, jaw, teeth, gums, lips, or less often the eye and forehead
•Pain affecting one side of the face at a time, though may rarely affect both sides of the face
•Pain focused in one spot or spread in a wider pattern
•Attacks that become more frequent and intense over time
Old 10-27-2016, 10:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Guys, it's easy to Google stuff to try and help, but we generally try and steer clear of diagnoses here, because it's against our rules to give medical advice.

Sharing our personal experience is fine

The trigeminal nerve is one of the main nerve clusters down the side of the face.

My experience of trigeminal neuralgia is it's like one side of my face is burning/on fire, with the greatest pain in my gum area.

My pain was constant. The only respite I got was by chewing/eating and that never lasted long.

After many dentists and doctors and x rays, my doctor put me on Endep
(Amitriptyline) an old tricyclic antidepressant that also has application in nerve pain cases.

For me it works - but anyone with the same issue (or what they think might be the same issue) needs to see their doctor

D
Old 10-27-2016, 11:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, can you also please HELP ME give you, and other outstanding writers, a Thumb's Up? . . . I don't recall that function ever working . . . nor me receiving any. . . Isn't that a programming issue?

Say, while we have you compromised: how will you view folks voting INTO LAW recreational pot decriminalization; including California on this November 8th?

You're a great resource for stopping addictions!

However, aren't 'unstoppable' alcohol and pot abusers only about a 7% minority; we having "addictive personalities"?

Thanks real DEE . . .
Old 10-28-2016, 12:27 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

The thanks button works or doesn't work depending on what you use to access SR. I believe it doesn't work on some devices ?

I only use a PC so I have no knowledge of other devices - maybe others can help.

As for your other question...I'm not an American so I won't be voting in any US elections or amendments and I prefer not to discuss politics here...
& we shouldn't hijack amuawad1's thread

D
Old 10-28-2016, 04:55 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Semi-Professional Philosopher

Regardless....

PLEASE SEE ANOTHER DOCTOR!

I don't know what "wet brain" is, but it sounds like something I'd be getting a second opinion on.