Notices

A big crisis, but I'm not drinking!

Old 10-24-2017, 06:23 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
It would've been awful if you never knew what happened to him - so glad you didn't give up the search.
I could not have done it had I still been drinking. It took prayers and fliers and newspaper ads and footwork to find him. If I'd been drinking I would have been too drunk or sick to do any of those things. So my sobriety helped bring him home.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:29 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
I could not have done it had I still been drinking. It took prayers and fliers and newspaper ads and footwork to find him. If I'd been drinking I would have been too drunk or sick to do any of those things. So my sobriety helped bring him home.
Finding Jack was a tribute to your sobriety, perseverance and love for Jack.

(And an answer to so many prayers).

So very happy for you both.
Old 10-25-2017, 12:50 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

I love it when we get happy ending! I'm glad you and Jack were reunited, Least.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:44 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Today is one year to the date since my sweet old man died. The best memory I have of him is the one when I found him on October 24th, 2016, almost 3 weeks after he went missing. I felt a surge of joy go thru me to see him.

All your prayers kept him safe until I found him. He lived almost 2 more yrs after that. My life was so much richer because I loved him.

Just wanted to thank you all for your prayers and encouragement during that desperate time.
Old 09-16-2019, 02:54 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

As I've said before, I really didn't expect him to be found - but kept praying anyway. If not for your diligence who knows what might have happened? You gave him such a great life.
Old 09-17-2019, 01:01 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

I'm beyond glad that he had two more years after that! You didn't give up on Jack and he didn't give up on you.
Old 09-17-2019, 05:46 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Least, I remember Jack going missing, and as the days dragged on, we only had hope and prayers. And I remember how amazing it was, when he was found! Truly amazing. Nearly two more years in dog years, is a long time in human years. My two boys aren’t getting any younger, but I’m grateful to be back on SR and sober once more, so that I can care for them, whatever happens in the future.

I know you were lucky to have Jack, but Jack was so lucky to have you as a Mum. x
Old 09-17-2019, 03:35 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you had another 2 happy years after Jack was found Least. He was so lucky to have you as his human, he couldn't have been loved more. You were meant for each other. Rest in peace dear Jack. Xxx
Old 09-17-2019, 05:17 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Someday Jack will meet you and be wagging his tail when it is your turn to cross the rainbow bridge.

What a reunion that will be
Old 09-17-2019, 05:23 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
Someday Jack will meet you and be wagging his tail when it is your turn to cross the rainbow bridge.

What a reunion that will be
It will be quite a reunion indeed. I have so many departed critters waiting for me. My pet mouse Hamlet is waiting for me. It's been about 47 yrs since he died. I had him well over two years, a long lifespan for a field mouse.

Here's a picture of Hamlet next to one of our cats. The Peaceable Kingdom. Hamlet was very tame and would come when I called his name. Our cats never bothered him at all. They knew he was family just like they were.