Class of March 2016 Support Part 13

Old 05-11-2016, 02:39 PM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
New Captain America movie.
Cool. Will probably end up seeing it also with my 9 y/o
Old 05-11-2016, 03:17 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Checking in day 11. I've been super busy traveling for work. I was able to see my daughters and granddaughter. That was great! I scanned everyone's posts. I've missed so much I can't respond to all of them. It seems like we are all finding our way. My eating has been out of control lately. I need to get it under control. Heading home. I am looking forward to the weekend. My husband and I are heading to the beach for 4 days. Should be great!
Old 05-11-2016, 03:17 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  

Bobbie wow she is the cutest little baby ever, thanks for sharing. So adorable. Of course babies smell good!!

Already don't want to go to work this morning, which isn't a good sign for taking on more work. I feel a bit unwell though, hoping it goes away when I get up and eat

Sorry I've been a bit distracted from here these past few days, I really want to try to stay involved but it's harder with all the work and the papers I have due. I've been feeling good too, I haven't been around alcohol at all and the thought of it just makes me ill lately, so I don't always feel I have as much to contribute in these times. my brain is so preoccupied with study it's hard for me to think of what else to say. I'm going to put in more of an effort though, I know SR works for me so I need to stay active. There's just not enough hours in the day!!!
Old 05-11-2016, 03:26 PM
  # 504 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
I think I just threw up a little.
Yup. Get used to that taste in your mouth...
Old 05-11-2016, 03:27 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  

Okay. I picked forum. Now I know. Thanks, Casey! You're a gem.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:29 PM
  # 506 (permalink)  

Perfect avatar, SpaceGoat!
Old 05-11-2016, 03:33 PM
  # 507 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I thought yours was sized fine anyways, Bobbieka. Samantha's second picture was a little large but certainly didn't hurt anything anyways. I'm just glad you all shared.

Going to go eat some dinner somewhere and then go to an AA meeting. I'm sure I'll still check in at some point on my phone. I can never seem to stay away from you folks for too long.

Still would love to hear from anyone who hasn't checked in yet today. Sent a bunch of folks short private messages this afternoon but would also love to hear from Ladybug2 and Keets and Surrender2win and 1stepup, amongst others. We're stronger together!
Old 05-11-2016, 03:38 PM
  # 508 (permalink)  

Hi all, back on day one after another week long binge. Feel so panicky, disappointed in myself and beaten, withdrawal is horrible.

Don't know what to do but I know I need to stop this vicious cycle I'm in, my heart and head are totally fearful that I'm just not going to get sobriety. I feel like a fool for constantly caving in. Sorry for such a negative post but I'm totally lost tonight, hope I NEVER have to go through another day one again...
Old 05-11-2016, 03:53 PM
  # 509 (permalink)  

1stepup I've had numerous day ones. Just don't give up. You know you don't want alcohol to be a part of your life. That's why you're here.

Get back up on that horse and go again.

Try to evaluate what went wrong this time and formulate a plan that will keep it from happening again!
Old 05-11-2016, 04:16 PM
  # 510 (permalink)  

Perfect avatar, SpaceGoat!
Surprisingly, theres actually loads of cool ones. Too many!

As for this…

[IMG][/IMG]

Ahhhh, this made me laugh earlier, BB Cool dress! I wonder what she's thinking? 'Old soul' is actually the first thing that came to my mind, I dunno why that was or what you might say to it. It's a great picture btw! Congrats
Old 05-11-2016, 04:16 PM
  # 511 (permalink)  

1StepUp, remember the reasons you want to be sober. Those 2 little girls of yours.
Old 05-11-2016, 06:14 PM
  # 512 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Glad to see you back with us, 1stepup. Try not to beat yourself up too bad. This really can be your last day one. Remember we're here to help you if those thoughts of drinking come back. Proud of you for making your way back to us.
Old 05-11-2016, 06:21 PM
  # 513 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!
Checking in. I've had a busy day. This is the first day in many, many days that I didn't have a headache/migraine. Aaaah-mazing! So I did A LOT of cleaning at the house today and got some much needed errands taken care of.

I packed up my little boy and we headed out to my parents' camp on the water. We will be here for a few days, enjoying the peace and serenity. I needed to get out of the house and away from my ex. I have a loooong weekend off from work. I was originally going to go to a marriage bootcamp with my ex (in Texas no less, Casey!) Glad I'm not wasting time, money, and energy doing that. He proves to me daily that he is an abusive man who will likely never change.

Glad to see you back Kiki, we missed you.

Also glad you came back, 1stepup. Those benders get harder and harder to pull out of. I won't forget my last one. If I can do it, so can you. Drink water, take care of yourself, be good to yourself. You deserve it.

Congrats on 60 days Casey!

Soak up that new baby smell for me Bobbie! I miss it. My baby smells like a dirty sweaty little toddler.

Have a good night/day all!

Xoxox
Old 05-11-2016, 06:55 PM
  # 514 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Oh my gosh! I know you all are just pulling my leg with this new baby smell talk. That is not a thing! You don't see "New Baby"-scented car deodorizers on the rack next to the register at the car wash.

Sounds like a nice day, Jemma. Enjoy your vacation and thank you for making time to check in.

I didn't make my meeting. Bicycle issue again. No big deal. I've already made arrangements to get a ride up to the repair shop tomorrow to get that problem fixed and to just got a general tune up as well. Instead I just did a major cleanup of my refrigerator in particular and my cabinets in general. Got rid of a ton of various bottles and jars that I'll never use. It's so clean now it probably smells almost as good as a new baby.

How's everyone else doing tonight?
Old 05-11-2016, 07:09 PM
  # 515 (permalink)  

New baby smell is definitely a thing. Does anyone have any weird smells they like? My fiend is crazy about metallic smells including staples and scissors etc which to me is yuck. But then I'm obsessed with the smell of bleach / chlorine. When I'm walking my dog near the public pool I stand for ages breathing in the smell, I'm obviously insane.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:14 PM
  # 516 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I got a good whiff of a beer at that dumb work meeting today. That odor turned my stomach. It was worse than the stench of an old baby.

I can't think of any strange smells I like. Definitely don't like the smell of bleach. But a chlorinated pool brings back a lot of happy memories of summertime by a pool so I get digging that smell.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:21 PM
  # 517 (permalink)  

Yeah even when I drank the smell of alcohol turned my stomach. Probably because I threw up nearly every time since I started drinking, ick

If I wasn't concerned with killing off my remaining brain cells I'd be using bleach in my house every day, mainly just for the smell. So bizarre, my family hate it. I hate sweet perfume smells though, the really sugary girly ones my friends seem to love.