Notices

I am hurting. Bad.

Old 08-29-2015, 03:53 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

It takes courage to let the "old" go to make room for something new.

My husband and I some years ago also had to liquidate some rental property and lost our shirt at one point.

The freedom after the pain has been incredible
Old 08-30-2015, 03:12 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi Thomas, I get it...and see so many folks in the same situation here as a CFA. The market will as always rebound and I hope will make you whole. I have followed some of your posts. I have been sober now for 11 months and 28 days ( but who's counting). Your posts mentioned a slip after a great deal of strength driven progress. Forgive me for being indelicate...are you now sober?

**(
)}
Old 08-30-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Congrats on 11 months and 28 days sober Janes ear! Not that we count such things here
Old 08-30-2015, 07:03 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
zjw

You are what you are life changes our priorities change. I got into the computer field and when my wife and where dating she asked me once what will happen if I get tired of it and don't wanna do it anymore? What will I do instead if I can't do it? Being younger and knowing everything I told her it would never happen. But here I am 37 and I want out in the worst way. I felt like a failure about it at one time but I was like why am I not allowed to change my mind? Am I not allowed to wanna do something else? Am I not allowed to get tired of something? What am I some robot who never stops? Blah I human and I don't want to feel bad about just being me!

I'd imagine during the transition you will struggle some but it will pass. You only human this stuff is pretty normal for folks.