OT: Nervous - getting IVF results tomorrow

Old 06-01-2015, 10:06 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I was 31 when I became pregnant with my first child. I had several miscarriages and did IVF and became pregnant with my twins at 36. All with my first husband who went and had a vasectomy without telling me on the twins first birthday. I thought it was me that couldn't get pregnant. I got pregnant three more times with my stbxah. I was able to become pregnant naturally with twins at 44 years of age. My point is those of you that think you are too old to have children, life happens when you have other plans. I so happy that no one told me I was ever too old. I adore my children and am happy I waited, I was less selfish and more grounded to be able to face all that motherhood throws at you.

I cannot wait to hear your good news soon! Four embryos is great!!!! That is how many they implanted when my first set of twins were conceived. Such blessings!
Old 06-02-2015, 10:16 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks Aeryn-

Biological kiddos have never been the driving force for me. Even as a little girl I imagined adopting. I am truly at peace with that part of things.

My challenge is the part I continue to struggle with (my own stuff) that right now revolves around money, work life balance etc. A lot of it is my own FOO stuff and I am FINALLY starting to look at my relationship with my mom (who I have not been willing to before). She is a work a holic etc, and I am having a BIG reaction to her right now (it is about time).

I think I need to get through this junk before I can take the next step.....because I think it will look pretty different when I do.....
Old 06-02-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jaynie04 View Post
Aeryn, just wanted to lend my IVF support. I was fortunate enough to get pregnant on the first IVF try…at 39! My daughter is now 10. The retrieval was the hard work, implant was absolutely a breeze. The one thing I loved about IVF was that I knew I was possibly pregnant from day one, so I was able to keep a really clean diet, no drugs, or alcohol, etc. My daughter was almost 10 lbs, and today she is tall and lean and healthy.

I went through it in NYC. I know the state is strict about how many they will let doctors implant which I guess makes sense with advanced age. I wish you all the luck in the world, it is truly a miracle!
Thank you so much for this....I love hearing the success stories....I just got some news they DO think they can fix me so I can carry the child myself so one more round of IVF for some more eggs and then the implant hopefully!
Old 06-02-2015, 05:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by searching peace View Post
I was 31 when I became pregnant with my first child. I had several miscarriages and did IVF and became pregnant with my twins at 36. All with my first husband who went and had a vasectomy without telling me on the twins first birthday. I thought it was me that couldn't get pregnant. I got pregnant three more times with my stbxah. I was able to become pregnant naturally with twins at 44 years of age. My point is those of you that think you are too old to have children, life happens when you have other plans. I so happy that no one told me I was ever too old. I adore my children and am happy I waited, I was less selfish and more grounded to be able to face all that motherhood throws at you.

I cannot wait to hear your good news soon! Four embryos is great!!!! That is how many they implanted when my first set of twins were conceived. Such blessings!
How exciting! I hope I get lucky with my four on the first try too! Definitely we women have so many options now and "too old" is much older than it used to be.
Old 06-03-2015, 05:47 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Aeryn View Post
Out of curiousity I was wondering if anyone else didn't have kids (even though they wanted to) because they were in a relationship with an alcoholic?
I've wanted kids, badly, for several years. I'm 31 now. But married to an alcoholic, I know I won't have them. I won't raise a child in an alcoholic home. And even if he were to (miraculously) seek treatment & succeed in getting & staying sober, I'd still be afraid of my children becoming alcoholics.

At least I know, with an alcoholic spouse, I could leave. I could never stop being a child's mother.