Notices

Day 11

Old 03-05-2015, 10:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 11

Well day 11 here. Been going great overall. Yesterday I was feeling a little tired and mild anxiety. But it passed and I went to sleep. I had my first dream about alcohol. I drank just one. Then my mind was telling me , you can drink just one. You just did. So you can have another and keep it under control and tomorrow will still be day 11 because you didn't get drunk. Luckily, I didn't drink another in my dream and the dream went away. I know I'll probably have a lot of alcohol dreams. When I quit smoking pot years ago, I had pot dreams frequently. But overall, everything is great. My relationship with my husband has blossomed. He is in this journey with me. He told me that he went to the store yesterday and went straight to the beer cooler. And he thought to himself, once I drink one, I'll want another, then another and etc. Do he just stepped away. I'm very proud of him. We are beginning to become the people we used to be again, if that makes sense.

Happy Thursday.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Awesome to hear(read) Jillian! Glad all is going well for you! Keep at it!
Old 03-05-2015, 10:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

In fact you're talking about your husband walking into the beer aisle and walking away...I just came back from Kroger on Towne Lake and I heard my AV and the beer aisle almost talking to each other... lol , I pretty much ran like hell over to the bread aisle...It was hard to walk away this time for some reason..

Again , great job!
Old 03-05-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Anxiety suck huh? It comes out of the blue and just says hi whenever it feels the need.

Great job, keep it up.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through Jillian!!
Old 03-05-2015, 10:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Jillian, congrats on day 11 and kudos to your husband for walking away from the cooler. Same to you Nofear!
Old 03-05-2015, 10:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nofearnobeer View Post
In fact you're talking about your husband walking into the beer aisle and walking away...I just came back from Kroger on Towne Lake and I heard my AV and the beer aisle almost talking to each other... lol , I pretty much ran like hell over to the bread aisle...It was hard to walk away this time for some reason.. Again , great job!
Wait what?! Towne lake? I live VERY close to there! But great job on not giving in!
Old 03-05-2015, 10:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Cool! Great job to you and your Husband for not giving in! This quitting stuff is not for faint of the heart is it... lol