Notices

Have you seen this?

Old 11-29-2014, 05:12 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thepatman View Post
This one is pretty sad and troubling as well. Not for the sensitive type. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4
Oh yes Patman! I've seen that one! Super sad! THe treatment center he was in got sued and went out of business because they found them to be responsible for his death. They said he should have detoxed at a hospital in the ICU, not a treatment center (where he died). That was heartbreaking!
Old 11-29-2014, 05:14 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Serenidad View Post
I just bought the documentary "Lipstick & Liquor" on my Kindle and also gonna watch that tonite. It's about women and alcoholism in the suburbs.
I watched that one too. It's really scary. One woman gets so drunk and wanders away from her home in the dead of winter without a coat, gone for days.
I watch all of them. I watched every Intervention episode a couple times.
I fill my head with all the info, because my AV tries to paint a different picture. Stupid av, what an ahole.
Old 11-29-2014, 05:45 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AcceptingChange View Post
I watched that one too. It's really scary. One woman gets so drunk and wanders away from her home in the dead of winter without a coat, gone for days. I watch all of them. I watched every Intervention episode a couple times. I fill my head with all the info, because my AV tries to paint a different picture. Stupid av, what an ahole.
No sh-t! What an ******** our AV is!!! Haha. I'm getting a body guard! ;-)
Old 11-29-2014, 06:14 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Oh so many good docs to watch! Thanks guy!! Xo
Lots of fights with my AV too, manipulative b1tch she is!
Old 11-29-2014, 08:54 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

OMG! I just watched "Lipstick & Liquor". It's a documentary about alcoholism and recovery in the suburbs. It is truly the best I have seen yet and so relatable! Every woman who has a drinking problem should see it!

"Lipstick & Liquor" -Available on Amazon Prime for $1.99 for a 7 day rental. Here is the trailer: http://youtu.be/RdSXxdezvGo The full documentary is about 1 hr 30 min. POWERFUL!!!!!
Old 11-29-2014, 08:57 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

OMG! I just watched "Lipstick & Liquor". It's a documentary about alcoholism and recovery in the suburbs. It is truly the best I have seen yet and so relatable! Every woman who has a drinking problem should see it!

"Lipstick & Liquor" -Available on Amazon Prime for $1.99 for a 7 day rental. Here is the trailer: Trailer Lipstick and Liquor - YouTube The full documentary is about 1 hr 30 min. POWERFUL!!!!!
I actually just started it! I just finished the one with the guy who died in rehab
I just made a tea and am settling in, you've kept me busy and off the drink with all these docs!
Old 11-29-2014, 09:08 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
I actually just started it! I just finished the one with the guy who died in rehab I just made a tea and am settling in, you've kept me busy and off the drink with all these docs!
Hey! Whatever works!!! :-) I really think you will like Lipstick & Liquor! I'm gonna watch it again in a few days. Very powerful & gave me lots of hope! Let me know what you think of it after you watch it.
Old 11-29-2014, 09:25 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Well, i got past 9pm. Had a few spats with the AV. Fended him off until 9pm. Then he knows it's too late. So he's off sulking. So the cravings aren't here right now. They are strongest around 4-5pm. Lots of times when they are kinda strong, i start watching "Bette" or "Rain in my heart", or one of the other ones, and that helps calm my cravings. I would have though i'd be past cravings by now. But they seem to be flaring up now, prolly cuz it's thanksgiving and i've got a lot of free time. I also know that drinking at best is a terrible energy suck, demotivating me from doing anything creative. But it's mostly a long slow suicide for me. I have no legitimate reason to be drinking. I know this. So i use that knowledge when cravings occur. I was thinking today that I never thought 'i'm really glad i was drinking last week, that worked out great for me.' Every time i drink it's just regrets and anger.

The first book i read on alcoholism is called "Drinking: A Love Story" by Caroline Knapp.
It's really good, esp for women. You can buy the printed book on Amazon.
I recommend getting the audiobook at audible. The author reads the book, and she does a great job.
And sometimes cravings and such can make us antsy and it's difficult to read. So just having the headphones on can be nice.
Drinking: A Love Story Audiobook | Caroline Knapp | Audible.com

There are a LOT of great books and movies on recovery, and i'll probably read every one.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:10 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AcceptingChange View Post
Well, i got past 9pm. Had a few spats with the AV. Fended him off until 9pm. Then he knows it's too late. So he's off sulking. So the cravings aren't here right now. They are strongest around 4-5pm. Lots of times when they are kinda strong, i start watching "Bette" or "Rain in my heart", or one of the other ones, and that helps calm my cravings. I would have though i'd be past cravings by now. But they seem to be flaring up now, prolly cuz it's thanksgiving and i've got a lot of free time. I also know that drinking at best is a terrible energy suck, demotivating me from doing anything creative. But it's mostly a long slow suicide for me. I have no legitimate reason to be drinking. I know this. So i use that knowledge when cravings occur. I was thinking today that I never thought 'i'm really glad i was drinking last week, that worked out great for me.' Every time i drink it's just regrets and anger. The first book i read on alcoholism is called "Drinking: A Love Story" by Caroline Knapp. It's really good, esp for women. You can buy the printed book on Amazon. I recommend getting the audiobook at audible. The author reads the book, and she does a great job. And sometimes cravings and such can make us antsy and it's difficult to read. So just having the headphones on can be nice. Drinking: A Love Story Audiobook | Caroline Knapp | Audible.com There are a LOT of great books and movies on recovery, and i'll probably read every one.
Thx Accepting! I actually just bought "Drinking...a love Story" on Amazon. I heard it's great! Have you seen Lipstick & Liquor on Amazon? I HIGHLY recommend it! :-)
Old 11-30-2014, 02:28 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Oh yes Patman! I've seen that one! Super sad! THe treatment center he was in got sued and went out of business because they found them to be responsible for his death. They said he should have detoxed at a hospital in the ICU, not a treatment center (where he died). That was heartbreaking!
Wow thanks. I always wondered why he was not hospitalized. The doctors that evaluated him did tell him he was in big trouble. And that psychiatrist that evaluates him, I always wondered if he did the recommendation for the inpatient centre.

Some so physically addicted, that after just 8 hours without Vodka would start having major breakdown and shakes.

Anyway, thanks for letting me know. I only hope this brings awareness about how DANGEROUS Alcohol withdrawal can be.

All the best
Old 11-30-2014, 08:05 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hey! Whatever works!!! :-) I really think you will like Lipstick & Liquor! I'm gonna watch it again in a few days. Very powerful & gave me lots of hope! Let me know what you think of it after you watch it.
It was very very good!!! Definitely relatable, thnx for sharing
Old 11-30-2014, 05:47 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
It was very very good!!! Definitely relatable, thnx for sharing
It was great! Wasn't it? Except for that poor woman who disappeared! I can't believe the police didn't do more to look for her! She was found only 300 yards from her car! (In a River). :-(
Old 11-30-2014, 06:38 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hi Serenidad, yes i did watch "Lipstick & Liquor". Ugh, that one was tough for me, because i did that very thing two different times. I went to a concert with friends, and i drank before i met up with them, and then i just kept pouring beers down. And by the third song, i was blacked out. I ended up getting on a bus and just randomly getting off at some stop. I vaguely recall the bus driver saying "Oh, don't get off here", but i just sorta stumbled off. Then i'm passed out in some bus stop shelter, and i noticed a guy 25yr old guy eyeing me in a way i felt was threatening. Somehow, someway, only because God sometimes shows mercy on idiots like me, i saw a bus and just ran for it. I truly feel i would have been jumped and it could have been an awful outcome.
So in "Lipstick and Liquor", the poor women who got really drunk in just a couple hours after an unsettling phone call, and then blacking out and then wandering around, it really struck a chord in me. I'm a binge drinker. I can go days and weeks without drinking, and maybe even drink a couple beers after a while. But eventually, that strong craving to get really drunk will kick in, and i'll just pour it down fast, like i want to get it done before my better self talks me out of it. I've got a problem, i'm an alcoholic.
Old 11-30-2014, 06:38 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

<deleting double post>
Old 12-08-2014, 05:57 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Thanks for this post Serenidad. I watched this video too. VERY sad and a chilling example of what alcohol does to people.

While I have not been at that level of drinking (yet), I know I easily could be and can relate to what Vanda says in the film about her disappointing BF, etc. If it is the gremlins that cause us to drink, I have sounded just like her in the past. Which means, that could easily be me.

I encourage everyone to watch it. It is a real eye opener and may keep you sober today. It sure did me.

God help all of us.