Notices

Have you seen this?

Old 11-27-2014, 02:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Have you seen this?

I watched this for the 2nd time last night. I promise you won't want to drink today after you watch this! I just wanted to pass it on in case anyone needed any extra motivation today or is having a hard time not drinking. WARNING: it's sad! :-(

http://youtu.be/lwv7Utcf-gM
Old 11-27-2014, 03:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Yes, I've watched it, and yes, it is sad. Very sad.
Old 11-27-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

I support any awareness and yes its heartbreaking
Old 11-27-2014, 05:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes it it! I hate alcohol! :-(
Old 11-27-2014, 05:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Chilling, true and very sad indeed :'(

Thank you Serenidad, think I needed to watch that today.

My AV's been telling me that all this "being sober" stuff is ridiculous and not to bother with AA and why didn't I just buy a bottle of wine... I knew it was my AV, and after a mental struggle by the wine aisle, I bought ice cream instead. But this film reinforced why drinking is not an option for me any more.

Those poor people and their families suffered in hell, and I want to honour them, and all alcoholics, by living a sober life. So thank you (((()))))
Old 11-27-2014, 09:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh right! In USA you can buy liquor at the regular stores, I'm assuming it's the same in England? Here in Canada where I live, alcohol can only be bought at a liquor store, restaurants and bars ( thankfully don't have to walk past the wine)
And thanks for posting the video, going to watch instead of netflix xoxo
Old 11-27-2014, 10:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
Oh right! In USA you can buy liquor at the regular stores, I'm assuming it's the same in England? Here in Canada where I live, alcohol can only be bought at a liquor store, restaurants and bars ( thankfully don't have to walk past the wine) And thanks for posting the video, going to watch instead of netflix xoxo
Let me know what you think of the video. It's pretty sad...but a very true story of what happens if we keep drinking. By the way...Vanda ends up dying too. I saw an update that she died shortly after the filming concluded. :-(
Old 11-27-2014, 10:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JanieJ View Post
Chilling, true and very sad indeed :'( Thank you Serenidad, think I needed to watch that today. My AV's been telling me that all this "being sober" stuff is ridiculous and not to bother with AA and why didn't I just buy a bottle of wine... I knew it was my AV, and after a mental struggle by the wine aisle, I bought ice cream instead. But this film reinforced why drinking is not an option for me any more. Those poor people and their families suffered in hell, and I want to honour them, and all alcoholics, by living a sober life. So thank you (((()))))
I know Janie. Horrendous! Vanda died shortly after the filming concluded. :-(
Old 11-27-2014, 10:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Oh god yes, I've seen it. Crushing. I actually watched it probably a year or so ago, was completely horrified, and then went ahead and relapsed anyway.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
Oh god yes, I've seen it. Crushing. I actually watched it probably a year or so ago, was completely horrified, and then went ahead and relapsed anyway.
Yes...we never think that could happen to us now do we? Absolutely horrifying! :-( I heard Vanda died right after the filming. What a living h-ll alcoholism is when we are active in our addiction. :-(
Old 11-27-2014, 11:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I couldn't finish! Horrible and terrifying! Thanks for posting, this will stick with me because that's one of the main things that helps me stay sober. I think about what might happen if my alcoholism slips even more out of my control.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I couldn't finish! Horrible and terrifying! Thanks for posting, this will stick with me because that's one of the main things that helps me stay sober. I think about what might happen if my alcoholism slips even more out of my control.
I understand. It doesn't get any better as it goes on but it really helps me to remember why I don't want to drink anymore.

Have a good day. :-)
Old 11-28-2014, 07:13 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Serenidad View Post
I understand. It doesn't get any better as it goes on but it really helps me to remember why I don't want to drink anymore.

Have a good day. :-)
I watched about 3 quarters, I'll keep this thread saved for days I want a drink.
Interesting that Toni didn't think she was an alcoholic too, because she doesn't drink everyday. Good for us binge drinkers to watch, we tend to think " we're not that bad"......
Old 11-28-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

This documentary is so powerful and well done. I had a very, VERY, hard time watching it when I first got sober but it definitely scared me to death. I didn't realize Vanda died too, although not surprising. So sad. But I think we alcoholics (and addicts) need to see these things as we tend to romanticize or play down our addiction. Movies like this do not allow that.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:30 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I watched about 3 quarters, I'll keep this thread saved for days I want a drink. Interesting that Toni didn't think she was an alcoholic too, because she doesn't drink everyday. Good for us binge drinkers to watch, we tend to think " we're not that bad"......
I agree! I thought the same thing about Toni. I was a binge drinker too. 2-3 times per week at night at a bar but most of the time I drank enough to put me in the hospital! It doesn't make me any less if an alcoholic because I AM but I can see how it would be easy to deny. I recently read that binge drinking is the WORST kind of drinking and does the most damage to the body. But obviously all heavy drinking is horrible.

One more thought about Toni: she just seemed like she didn't care if she lived or died. There was nothing in her eyes. No life. Just deep unimaginable sadness. Maybe she wanted to die? Did you notice that? :-(
Old 11-28-2014, 07:33 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ptcapote View Post
This documentary is so powerful and well done. I had a very, VERY, hard time watching it when I first got sober but it definitely scared me to death. I didn't realize Vanda died too, although not surprising. So sad. But I think we alcoholics (and addicts) need to see these things as we tend to romanticize or play down our addiction. Movies like this do not allow that.
You're right! There was absolutely NOTHING romantic about that documentary. :-(
Old 11-28-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Serenidad View Post
I agree! I thought the same thing about Toni. I was a binge drinker too. 2-3 times per week at night at a bar but most of the time I drank enough to put me in the hospital! It doesn't make me any less if an alcoholic because I AM but I can see how it would be easy to deny. I recently read that binge drinking is the WORST kind of drinking and does the most damage to the body. But obviously all heavy drinking is horrible.

One more thought about Toni: she just seemed like she didn't care if she lived or died. There was nothing in her eyes. No life. Just deep unimaginable sadness. Maybe she wanted to die? Did you notice that? :-(
I did notice that about Toni, seems like she didn't care about living at all, she was clearly just existing, could be she wanted to die.
I was binge drinking 2-4 times a week on wine. It was getting ugly and I'm clearly an alcoholic, it's actually a relief to admit that, and start fixing things; rather than justifying, hiding, trying to moderate, bad hangovers etc.
seems easier to be sober.....
Old 11-28-2014, 07:40 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Work in progress...

Watching it now. I need to see this today.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:41 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ThatHombre View Post
You won't want to drink after you watch it! Yikes!
Old 11-28-2014, 07:44 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ThatHombre View Post
good luck!!!! Scared the bloody hell out of me! Was great to see though, should be mandatory for alcoholics to watch.