Change Your Password, Change Your Life

Old 07-02-2014, 08:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Change Your Password, Change Your Life

How a password changed one man's life for the better - Health - TODAY.com
Old 07-03-2014, 06:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This is really cool, thanks for sharing. I have that dreaded 30 day password change. Might be time for some fun!
Old 07-03-2014, 07:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing that, Hammer!
Old 07-03-2014, 08:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hmmm...I guess "a-hole!" As my password kind of defeats this purpose, huh?
Old 07-03-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Too bad it doesn't work with alcoholics.

LOL @ the author getting remarried two years after the divorce. That seems a bit soon to me, but if he's happy...
Old 07-03-2014, 09:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I actually started doing this at work the last time our server forced me to update. We have an almost exact security scenario as he describes in the article - must change every 30 days, always including upper/lower/numbers & characters & can't have been used in the previous 90 days. (or anything too similar - the system rejects changes if you try to take the easy way out & only change a character or 2)

I really did start to notice a change in my attitude when I began my mornings with a happier login & I started to make these kinds of changes to other passwords (like my personal email, etc.) because it struck me as a type of a self-hypnosis/self-help kind of tool. thumbs up!
Old 07-04-2014, 06:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

This is awesome. Almost all my my passwords are expletives or unfriendly phrases. It seems like a safe place to get the ugly out. Maybe I should work some nice stuff in there...
Old 10-27-2016, 01:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Positive Passwords

Last year I used positive mantras regularly as a tool to help develop a more positive mindset toward my body & self-image as I worked on losing weight & getting into shape. I know it was a big part of my success - I used them constantly as a way to help rewire my internal thought process away from my stale, outdated way of thinking.

I also changed all of my passwords to more positive, uplifting combinations & found that to be a great way to incorporate something "small" - I log in multiple times each day, every day of the week on many different sites & platforms so I'm restating them over & over & over all the time.

Today I ran across this positive password generator site - it can help you create a positive password that passes formatting needs (like including symbols & numbers) - pretty cool, especially if you don't have a lot of time & need to change passwords regularly for security reasons:

Mantra Password

Here are a couple of great articles that talk about the benefits of positive thinking/passwords if anyone is interested:

How a Password Changed One Man's Life For the Better - Good News Network

How Can a Password Change Our Life? | Mind of a Winner
Old 10-27-2016, 01:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

FireSprite, what a cool idea! Kind of like a digital form of prayer flags and prayer wheels...

I had been using a random password generator but I'll surely check out the one you linked to, as well as read those articles.

This is something that would never have occurred to me. Thanks for sharing!
Old 10-27-2016, 01:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Aww...when I first saw this in the thread list, I thought Hammer changed his password and rejoined us!!

But the links are awesome! When I left XABF, he was on all my stuff so I had to change my passwords...as I was driving away from his house with my last load of items, Freebird came on the radio... and that became my temporary one for a while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np0solnL1XY
Old 11-02-2018, 08:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Life is good

Bumping an old thread. Changing my passwords to positive words or phrases has made a huge difference for me, too.

"And I decided: I’m gonna use a password to change my life." - Mauricio Estrella

Powerful stuff. Making a decision to do things differently and taking new actions. It's often the seemingly small things like this that tie together make huge impacts on my life.