Notices

Quitting pot (and alcohol) for good - III

Old 12-17-2014, 07:40 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Great to hear Krete. I hope Brazilian and Stoogy are doing well too. Was Grubby the other one you were thinking of?

And Bigsombrero, I remember your posts well. Have a fabulous time in CR! I went there for a month once. I think that all the activities will be easier and more enjoyable not being stoned. I travelled the coast and it was great but I was totally paranoid about getting caught with weed. If I didn't have any, I was trying to befriend surfers who looked like they did. Or suffer withdrawal. What a waste of time and energy when there was so much else to think of and do.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:33 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Thanks Wacky.

Living in Guatemala now it's much easier to explore other countries in the region. Just 1 hour in the air and I'm in another country! I have been to CR about 7 or 8 times now, and I think on most of the previous trips I found weed (or weed found me). In fact, there are many countries here in Central America where I've very luckily avoided big trouble. I remember when I moved down here, I thought weed might be a bigger issue for me, but it hasn't been. The simple truth is that most people don't come here to do drugs and get drunk - it's only addicts and alcoholics like me who make that mistake. I am glad my new outlook on life has put me back in reality!
Old 12-18-2014, 10:33 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Wow, didn't know you lived in Guatemala. That sounds so cool. I know in CR my friend started dating a drug dealer and there was quite the coked up agro party scene. Even back then I was like "this is what you do when you come all this way to explore a beautiful foreign country?". I decided to travel alone and go hiking in the jungle and see the volcano, leaving her to party just like she would at home.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:49 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Hey guys, not been on in a long time but I'm doing good and hope you all are too.

How's everyone getting on?
Old 02-03-2015, 05:56 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Hello friends,

I quit drinking on February 10 of last year. I am going to celebrate my one year anniversary in a week. Quitting drinking was the best decision I ever made. During those first few weeks and months I really appreciated being able to get moral support from all of you here.

Regards,

StraightAhead
Old 02-03-2015, 01:13 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  
Administrator

did you mean to post this in the Feb 14 thread straight ahead?
in any case - congrats

D
Old 02-09-2015, 10:29 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Congrats , Straightahead !!! That's an awesome victory and one that should put a smile on your face Everyday !
Old 02-09-2015, 11:00 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Hi guys.

How many of the original cast are still here?

Hope you are all doing good
Old 02-10-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Hi Stoogy - good to see you ! How are things ? Things are going good over here - clean and sober and loving it !
Old 02-10-2015, 08:45 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stoogy View Post
Hi guys.

How many of the original cast are still here?

Hope you are all doing good
Aye.

Reporting in - still clean

1 year anniversary in ~ 7 days.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:24 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Yay Grubby! Yay Happy! Yay Stoogy!
I wasn't one of the main people on this thread but I always read to check how peeps were getting on. So glad to hear you're still at it. Wonder how Brazil is doing. And Krete.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:30 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

wow , that's awesome , Grubby ! I'm really proud of you ! One year - how the time flys ! How is your life going now ?
Old 02-11-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

I would LOVE to hear how krete and brazilian are doing ! Maybe they'll pop in some day soon and re-connect ! I miss chatting with all you good souls !
Old 02-11-2015, 12:34 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by happycampers View Post
I would LOVE to hear how krete and brazilian are doing ! Maybe they'll pop in some day soon and re-connect ! I miss chatting with all you good souls !

Hey HC, so good to see you are still here too, I really hope Brazilian is doing good, one of the very first people who took the time too make me feel at ease with sobrietry and all you guys helped so much more than you will ever know.

Really good to see you all again.