Notices

24 Hour No Nicotine/No Smoking Club - Part 8

Old 05-23-2015, 10:13 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

I had been slaving all week to prepare for a final in the hardest class I have ever taken. I worked my butt off, and I know I did the best I could have done. But I didn't do very well. I was so deflated I ate a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch--and then a truffle, then a handful of Jelly Bellies. I haven't eaten sugar in almost three weeks, so it made me sick immediately. Now I'm overheated and want to lie down.

I'm back to no more sugar. The pleasant taste wasn't worth this at all.

I have to go to the supermarket now and buy the fixings for a gigantic pot of chili to feed guests tomorrow. I was going to make it today, but now I think I might wake up early tomorrow morning and make it. I have a backlog of old movies to watch on Netflix. I think today would be a perfect day.
Old 05-23-2015, 12:35 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Congratulations to all for quitting smoking (im enviius), but you are giving me more courage that it can be done.
Since im reaching 6 months clean from Methadone, used to withdrawal symptoms... im ready to get rid of this nasty habit.
Ok hopefuly I can do this finaly.
Old 05-23-2015, 01:19 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Just don't pick up tobacco no matter how jittery you are or how much your insides scream. It is tough, but you can do it.
Old 05-23-2015, 01:36 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

I just realised that my last cigarette was last Saturday 16th - I've been focussing so much on staying sober recently getting a week smoke free has been an added bonus!
Old 05-23-2015, 08:43 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

43 days today! Can't even believe it!
Anybody quitting with wellbutrin? If so how has your experience been with it?
For me, seriously don't know how I could have done without it, probably wouldn't have! I have had Zero craving since I put my pack down April 10th! Not complaining.. Jus sayin that it's been nothing but a miracle:-)
Old 05-24-2015, 12:23 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Day 43 for me too but I must admit Friday night I had terrible pangs which came out of the blue. I have just quit without any replacements, I thought I was over the worst but clearly not! I barely think about smoking now though which is a good thing
Old 05-24-2015, 12:35 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Good morning, no smoking for me today.
Old 05-24-2015, 03:24 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Way to go Martina and placebo! We can do this!!

No smoking for me today! Day 44! I walked by a group of smokers at a shopping center yesterday and I almost threw up! I can't even stand the smell not even in passing! And wonder how the heck I smoked for almost 20 years?! Gross!!!
Old 05-24-2015, 07:35 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Day 3 here. No nicotine for me.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:20 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Buk keep it going. It doesn't take very long to get over the physical aspects of it.
Day 145 for me. I love not being a smoker.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:44 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Buk- The way my quit dates worked out wasn't really planned. I had been trying to quit smoking for several years. I quit a zillion times for varying lengths of time, but always got sucked back in thinking that I could have 'just one'. I was really determined to quit for good though. When I was quit, I enjoyed the benefits and the freedom from the chains of cigarettes and when I went back to smoking, I just felt guilty and like a failure.

When I quit the last time, I really had no intention of quitting drinking at the time. I actually really wasn't aware of what a problem alcohol was for me then. I knew I drank a lot, but I didn't connect the dots and recognize that the problems in my life were related to my drinking. Quitting smoking was a planned thing for me. I had the date picked out long in advance. But quitting drinking really wasn't planned at all. Things had kind of came to a head in my life, I was completely miserable, felt totally heart-broken and no matter how much I drank, my tolerance was through the roof and I couldn't get drunk in the normal meaning of the word. I just got more anxious and depressed. I'm not even exactly sure what triggered me to quit drinking. But one morning, I woke up and I just decided to quit. I knew I needed support and had found quit smoking forums helpful in the past so I searched for a quit drinking forum and joined SR that day- April 9. (That is where the numbers in my username come from.) I haven't had a drink since.

Then after I quit drinking, I was still smoking weed, but I started to wonder what it would be like to be really clean and sober. Unlike the cigarettes and the alcohol, I started tapering off on the weed. I had quit drinking 98 days after quitting cigarettes and I was going to try to quit weed 98 days after I quit drinking. But I slipped up on the second day and so I actually quit 100 days later.

Gilmer- Sorry to hear about the test. Hope you enjoyed the movies and that you are feeling better today.

Hi Placebo, you can do this!!

Carrie- Way to go on one week!!

24 more for me.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:48 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

No cigars today. No donut at church (though I did eat 1/2 a bagel, which might as well have been sugar--but it wasn't sugar!).

Yazzylove, I am on Wellbutrin as an antidepressant. It hasn't helped me with my cigar cravings; nor has it helped me with appetite suppression. these are supposed to be near-universal side effects! But not for me. I seem to be immune.
Old 05-24-2015, 05:37 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Hasn't helped me with appetite suppression at all! But booze and cigs definitely! But everyone is different! Another 24 hours please!!
Old 05-24-2015, 08:55 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

That's impressive DG. I had a 2 year nicotine free stint from 2007-2009. I'm going to make it stick this time. I guess I've never really committed to the idea of quitting forever. I don't know why I wouldn't. This time I am done.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:09 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

No cigars.

Last night I went to a gigantic dinner with a good friend who needed cheering up. I had dessert. But I'm not hooked again. I'm off sugar again today.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:13 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Had a smoking dream last night yuk! Day 146. I love waking up and not feeling like my lungs are stuck together.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:07 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Buk- I think quitting something forever can be a pretty tough thing to wrap our minds around. I don't even really like to think over-much about that. But I relapsed on cigs a ton of times and I know I never liked the results.

24 more for me.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:32 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

I hear you DG. I quit drinking in 1999 and I committed to myself that it was forever. I had failed many times prior to that and frankly I didn't care to live anymore if I couldn't be sober.

I think I need a little more of that mindset with tobacco.

Day 4 and feeling good.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:32 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Day 3 for me today. I'm home after being away and have a feeling tonight might be full of cravings. I want to stay smoke free, though. 24 for me!
Old 05-25-2015, 01:46 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

The countdown has begun. 3 years no cigarettes in 11 days! Rootin for everyone.