Notices

Favorite Summer Music Sober Weekender! July 31 until

Old 08-04-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

my tip for the day....

If you leave your jeep wrangler in your driveway with the tops off, be sure to check the weather forecast one more time before you go to bed. Don't wait for the thunder to wake you up at 130 AM to run outside and put the tops on and close the windows in the pouring rain. Or just put them on every night... I had to drive to the bank. My a$$ is wet and it is now sitting in the driveway with everything open drying out after I did a decent job of wiping out the wet. This was okay for my old jeep, no carpets and plugs pulled and not much to be ruined by wet. These newfangled jeeps with all the fancy lectronics and luxury crap just don't like getting wet... I feel the need to get my old jeep back now.

I feel like instead of growing up, I'm starting to grow back down again. And I love it!

Having silly fun without the need for alcohol can't be topped!
Old 08-04-2015, 07:43 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Did someone say silly fun? How about duck, duck, goose....or pulling pranks at 7am. Last night we built the worlds largest sheet fort in the living room. Pizza and coke floats for breakfast. It's been kinda nice having my orderly routine disrupted.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Brynn and Brain.

Brynn, it sounds like you are having a lot of fun. Breakfast sounds like around my house in a pinch. My mom makes cheerio sundaes with vanilla ice cream layered with peaches and Cheerios. My kids like that.

Poor Brain. A wet keister. I'm surprised you leave the lid off when you have all those birds around. You'll have guano on your seats.

The day is passing quickly. I'm feeling empty lately though. I have to add something to my program/plan because I don't feel inclined to pour alcohol into the empty spaces.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I find comedy and chilli with rice a cure for feeling empty !

I have the latter and will search for the former , Billy Connolly i recon

later , m
Old 08-04-2015, 09:51 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sorry your feeling that way Ruby, maybe you could go into Chigago and window shop - you might see something that you want to aspire to buying. I haven't done myself recently (maybe because of the internet) I used to find it motivating

I have never owned a softop - I guess that is their biggest drawback, at least they are straightforward these days. My uncle hat one in the 60s - it used to take about 15-20 minutes

Sounds like your having fun Brynn

Another great photo Mesa, reminded me of Gondor in LOTR

Dog days at work - will take next week off

Last edited by saoutchik; 08-04-2015 at 09:52 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-04-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

A couple of Posts, here, got me thinking about the sage advice we came across yesterday.

Outside a Mining Town was this entire Hillside of a Cemetery. Really spread out. Classic U.K. - W. European Surnames on the Headstones, since Welsh, Scots, and Swedes constituted many of the Mining Families. Italians too, to be fair.-) Lifespans of 35 years, or 42 years. Children, and entire Family deaths, too.

A Cemetery Placard back-filled some of the mystery. Over 2,000 Graves were not marked. Wood Markers were long gone, or there never was money for a Stone Monument. Meanwhile, the daunting Diseases were noted at some length. The Great 1908 Flu Epidemic. Pneumonia. Cholera. Measles. Whooping Cough. Diptheria. Mine Cave-Ins. Mine Floods when underground Streams were hit while digging. Plenty of Explosions from that then-newfangled Dynamite. Living Conditions we'd not thought of for ages.

Graciously, I suppose, then-fatal STDs and Alcoholism were not listed. In the midst of this very interesting setting, I came across this reminder seen below. When the going gets tough, the tough take a Nap.-) Good advice, when possible...

Thanks for the suggestion, Behan. I need some good Trailer-based reading!

A Military Helicopter just landed on a Soccer/Ball Field nearby. Pretty exciting stuff in this windy Mountain Valley. An ATV/4 Wheeler Trail was closed early for the Season yesterday, due to a bad accident. Mebbe someone is on their way to Hospital...

The Trailer equivalent to the LBrain Jeep Weather 'Event' is: Do NOT Leave The Trailer Awning Out'! No worries about learning this The Hard Way. ~$3k later, Folks wind up with a pile of Awning up on their Trailer Roof after a Wind burst.

Not exactly The Wild West, but a Song about a Gunslinger, nonetheless...

- 'Machine Gun Kelly' ~ James Taylor ~ Live -

Old 08-04-2015, 01:27 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Taking a break while the kids swim. Its actually almost too hot to swim. Part of our subdivisions pool is shaded so that's where I've been hanging out.

I could use a good comedy right now.
Looks like Mesas photos are all I'll be seeing of Colorado for a while, unless I decide to run away.....which doesn't sound half bad right now except that I've never gone anywhere alone before and I wouldn't know how to act.

My guys legal troubles just keep getting better. Yippee.

Anyway....keep the pics coming Mesa. I'll have to live vicariously through you for now.

I love old cemeteries. I always cry at the babies graves. Some of the inscriptions on old headstones are pretty funny. The small, out of the way cemeteries in Colorado are some of my favorites.

Ruby.....I know that feeling. I usually get like that when I get bored of my routine and when I start feeling stagnate. Hope you find something interesting to fill the space.

Sao...how's Cyra?
Old 08-04-2015, 02:09 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Cyra's good Brynn thanks, by the way it's pronounced the same as Kyra.

Shame about your fella Brynn, hope he sorts himself out.

Chillie and rice sounds like a good idea. Will make some with Quorn tomorrow (don't eat meat weekdays). I'll be adding Coriander/Cilantro amongst other things

Have just seen a fox slinking along the edge of our car park area
Old 08-04-2015, 02:19 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Ohh, foxes slinking. That sounds cool. We had some in our neighborhood but I haven't seen them in a couple of years. Little red guys.

Brynn, I've done trips by myself. It does take a different mindset but can be done. It's been a while though. Maybe I wouldn't be so intrepid. I love old graveyards too. I swear no one read the name on that headstone I posted a picture of month ago. It was "Hilarious!" Who would name their kid Hilarious?

I'm feeling a little better. I am tired and haven't felt well the past couple of days. I went outside for a few minutes and ran into a woman who was my best friend in grade school. She happens to work in my building so we periodically catch up on smoking breaks. Maybe that is why I'm not feeling well? I know the answer to that.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

I have a very cool old cemetery from the 1700's and later... one in portland is from the 1600's. When I do my sunrise water walk and walk into town I always pass it. I snapped this recently. Each cross represents a nun that was buried representing a convent near by.

TATTOO tomorrow at 1:30 EDT!!! Yeah! (ouch)
Old 08-04-2015, 03:07 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I like solo trips. I went to the U.S. Virgin Islands a couple of years ago alone. Had a lot of fun. Of course, I was drinking then. I still think a solo trip would be fun, just without the talking to strangers at a bar. But I did a lot of other stuff, too. I'd just do MORE of the other stuff.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:31 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Della, don't watch this!

Brynn, here you go. Things that make you go hmmm.

Weasel, don't get a singing Tattoo please.

Old 08-04-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Ha! Thanks Brain! I'm still giggling! (Hope it doesn't traumatized Della.)

Sao...I had a hunch Cyra was pronounced with a hard C since her sisters name is, too. Very cute.

All you solo trip people are so much braver than me! I've never even gone to the movies alone or eaten in a restaurant alone!! Is going places alone something you should learn to do? Blah!! Scary!!

Cool pic, Ken. Cant wait to see your tattoo!! Hopefully it won't hurt too bad on the calf.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:23 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Holy crap... Still laughing. Thank you.

Ha ha.... Edit... You can say crap crap crap...

But not that document to cross a border.... What is it? Oh yeah... A ********!
Old 08-04-2015, 04:23 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Cool picture, Weas.

I'm home. I'm in a better mood but still tired.

Brynn, going solo is scary sometimes but also can be rewarding. A sense of "I did this!" I used to feel so strong and capable when I did it. That's an experience I draw on sometimes when I'm feeling like I can't do anything right.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:26 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

One of the things that had me laughing to the point of tears. If you Google bad cake fails. Sounded like me at the end of the night before a party
Old 08-04-2015, 04:32 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

I go out to eat and to movies alone all the time. I'm an only child and was on my own a lot as a kid, so I guess it goes with the territory. I just take my iPad with me to restaurants. And at the movies I can sit wherever I prefer and go see whatever stupid movie I want. It has its advantages. Solo trips - I have only myself to please. I do enjoy doing those things with others, too - don't get me wrong. But I like that I don't NEED a companion.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:33 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Of course, I used to go to bars alone too... That got me in more trouble than I care to remember.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:45 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Ha! Ruby, that's funny! My best friends wedding cake collapsed during the reception from the heat! It was five tiers! It was sad. Luckily, the bride had a great sense of humor. Her mother did not.

Bars are about the only place I've gone alone. I cringe thinking about that, now. Wish I could erase my memory.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:54 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  

I used to go to bars alone too but by the time I did that, I was a regular so I wasn't technically by myself. At least in my mind.

There was always some vestige of self preservation around though. I went to the Florida Keys by myself once and one night at the bar of a restaurant a couple invited me to go on their boat the next day. Something told me not to do it. I sensed my grandmother's presence and passed. They were divorced but travelling together which I found odd at the time.