Notices

Friday.... Saturday.... Sunday.... Sober! Sober! Sober!

Old 07-27-2013, 01:05 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Thanks for the link!

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post

This time I am making vinegar-less pickles. I am trying for the first time.
Report back on this one! (Although, I love vinegar)
Old 07-27-2013, 01:35 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi Weekenders, how's the day? Weasel, oh how I love street fairs in Manhattan in the summer...the food alone is enough to kill you. Although I was also one of those who would go for the Italian, Greek or whatever festival and end up bar hopping (staggering) and never eat a thing. So glad those days are over

I'm chilling out at my friend's house after a nice morning flower shopping. I am making ice cream bread right now. Yes, you read that correctly. It is a new recipe that apparently makes delicious bread out of just ice cream and flour (self-rising) so I couldn't resist. In the oven now, so I will let you know later.

Doris: hang in there, friend. Like others have said, take it one minute at a time. You just need to get some space in between you and the last drink and you WILL start to feel better and it will give you more motivation.

Ricky: You can do this! Not raining in Philly right now but supposed to tomorrow. Hang in there. Think of how good it's going to feel to finish Day 16

BeMyself: I think bacon is the fruit of the gods, really. But I do try not to go overboard How are you doing today? I have been following your posts and know you've had a bit of a rough go of it but on the right track now...

Speaking of bacon...

Nonsensical: where art thou??

Check in with you all later. Happy Sat/Sun! Stay strong!
Old 07-27-2013, 01:51 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Still here, still sober. I'm 63 days in and this weekend has been a real tester. Caught me off guard as up until now I have been fine.

Every thing I learnt and for every reason I quit, went out the window all I wanted was a drink. Thank you Mecanix a few of them out.

I am so grateful to you guys supporting me and reach out when I so desperately needed it.

It's nearly 10pm and just out of the bath, think I'll watch some tv before I turn in for the night.

Weekenders stay strong.

Carlotta it's so nice to hear from you, hope your keeping well x
Old 07-27-2013, 05:50 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Otha... I will... Made chips... Smells great... Lets see in 4 days...
Old 07-27-2013, 05:55 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

Hi Weekend crew

Had an excellent BBQ'd Pork Tenderloin last night and watched some GREAT Rock N Roll on DVD. The Rolling Stones documentary - Crossfire Hurricane. Great interviews with the band and excellent concert footage from their early days on up. Quite a bit of drug and alcohol use and some deviant behavior but the true story of a great band. Mick Jagger just turned 70 and they are still touring!!

This morning my cousin came by and helped me install my new dishwasher and the first load just finished. It works GREAT and the install was a breeze! After we finished I took him to lunch at my favorite burger joint and we sat outside in the breeze talking. He is my #1 sober mentor and has 23 years sober now! We rarely spend time together, so that was a special treat!

Then I came home to clean up after the install and noticed my vacuum wasn't working correctly.... took it apart and cleared some jammed hoses and put in a new bag and VOILA! FIXED!!

BBQ'd chicken on the menu tonight and looking forward to my walk in the woods tomorrow.

Stay the course weekenders! WE CAN ALL DO THIS!!

Peace.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hi all,

How is everyone doing? Saturday night is winding down here and I am glad to be sober. The biggest thing that kept me from drinking today was not wanting to have another wasted Sunday feeling sick and tired.

Hope everyone else is hanging in there enjoying their weekend!
Old 07-27-2013, 06:29 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Hi weekenders : I've been on pins and needles all day , god forbid anybody cross me It's 16 days. What did I expect ? First time in 25 + years I'm saying that's it , forever. Tomorrow's another day forward to sobriety

Tr
Old 07-27-2013, 06:33 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trikyriky View Post
Hi weekenders : I've been on pins and needles all day , god forbid anybody cross me It's 16 days. What did I expect ? First time in 25 + years I'm saying that's it , forever. Tomorrow's another day forward to sobriety

Tr
All I can say is YESSSSS! Woohooo!
Old 07-27-2013, 11:52 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

All I can say is YESSSSS! Woohooo!
I wholehertedly agree

Thanks for the sunday morning boost Ricky, the grouchyness goes after a few weeks if you're anything like i was .
Try to remember the idiots who upset you arn't doing it to be personal , anger met with anger only begets more anger , only through non anger does the situation end .

Why not put something nice, a small treat at home so at the end of each day you can have a reward . i used chocolate ice cream but stopped after about three months once i'd calmed down a lot .

Hey Dorris hows things today ?

Hey Woohoo .. Hey Gwen C , hey sobrietyftw , hey Bemyself , hey Tang , louise82 , Ohta , Isahia , Sober4life , Ptcopte, bloss , ghostface , ladybug2 ..

hope you all made it .. if not we get to pull out socks up and try again today, i fell off when i learned to ride a bike , i didn't give up throw the bike in the hedge and stomp off and hide in a darkend room for a week, well only that once and now i can ride a bike ,

Smokey back today ( Hey Non's check in soon so we know your still alive and kicking ) and some artisan bread , and fresh coffee , today life is good

Bestwishes, m
Old 07-28-2013, 12:16 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Phew, I survived the night and so pleased I did.

I'm up early while the rest of the house sleeps and it feels wonderful. I'm off a little 4 mile sponsored walk later with my slimming group and really looking forward to it, as sad as it sounds it is the first social thing I have done on my own in about two years.

Mecanix, I believe if it was not for yours or this threads support I could have easily given in last night.

wishing everyone a calm sober Sunday x
Old 07-28-2013, 12:39 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I'm glad you made it Dorris ,

Keep on keep on,

m
Old 07-28-2013, 12:43 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Working Saturday , Sunday my two brothers and their wife's will be coming over for food and a good time, they will be drinking..a lot , I will be feeling smug and happy that I do not have to drink anymore . Sorry cant help myself.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:02 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

happy weekend guys! my last day of staycation.
where is Mr.Bacon himself?
great title Weasey! you keep us all together.
had a craptastic Saturday courtesy of my daughter, she is 32 but acts 13...selfish, selfcentered, it's like puberty all over again....but even more annoying.
i will just lower my expectations and chew my tongue off before replying to her bullsh!t.
maybe take myself out to dinner?

my friend opened a new business this week, i was so happy for her, it is a little gem of a spa.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:14 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Thanks m

The first thing I read was your post and it put me in a better mood

Thanks all

It's been a rough weekend

After 17 days I'm getting to know myself , the new improved me

The tightness in my chest , anxiety , the uncertainty comes with the change in me

Having no regrets , no self condemnation is Awesome tho

Keep up the good work , week enders
Old 07-28-2013, 05:50 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Back Up on the Horse,Ladybug!

You can do! No more guilt, queasiness, pounding head, regret, lost time, wondering where the weekend went-no more hangovers!
Here's to a day of rest-and to remembering everything we did this weekend. Every day is precious and we never get a redo! Best wishes, Tisa
Old 07-28-2013, 07:11 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I'm sorry Fandy your daughter is being a right little Madame at the moment, don't let her ruin your Sunday too.

Lunch sounds perfect

TrikyRiky I'm pleased you also made it through the weekend, along with everyone else xx
Old 07-28-2013, 07:20 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hello weeeeekkkenders!!!

Lazy Sunday morning. House full of tasty food to pick on all day.

Will be here reading all day.

K
Old 07-28-2013, 08:02 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

Sobriety Sunday!

Woke up several times last night in pain but not going to let it keep me down. Some ibuprofen and a long soak in the hot tub and I'll be ready for the day.

It's too easy to let pain dominate my life and I'm DETERMINED to get out there today! One thing for sure... I will NOT be self medicating with beer and weed!

Enjoy your sober sunday folks!
Old 07-28-2013, 12:31 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hi weekend friends,

Hope everyone is doing well today. It is a rainy Sunday here (thanks Riky ) so not able to do much. I am staying strong, though. Want tomorrow to be Day 5, not Day 1.

How is everyone else doing??
Old 07-28-2013, 02:50 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Well another weekend has come to a close. These threade started last January. When I found it impossible to stay sober. Impossible... Really?

Set your mind.

Set your heart.

It's possible!