Notices

102 days in and Feeling rough

Old 09-08-2012, 02:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

102 days in and Feeling rough

Hello all. I am 102 days clean from suboxone today and I must say I am feeling pretty crumby. I keep crying and I have bad anxiety. I heard this is from coming off the drug and its long half life causing it for you to take so long to heal. My mind keeps telling me," This is horrible. It will never get better. It will only get worse. You cant do it. Your going to have to use." I combat it by saying these are only feelings they cant kill me, but using can. I got a SMART recovery book on its way in the mail, and I am attending a meeting this week. I just want to make it through this. I never want to use again.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You're doing all the right things Ttal... those bad feelings will pass if you don't dwell on them. Thinking in absolutes is usually where I always fall down. Way to counteract them x
Old 09-08-2012, 02:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks hypochondriac. Sometimes I get worried because the feelings get so overwhelming, but they usally go away. Lately though they have been very persistent. Thanks for the response
Old 09-08-2012, 03:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know the feeling! Sometimes they take longer to pass than other times but we are rarely stuck in a situation where nothing gets better x
Old 09-08-2012, 03:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sometimes this link helps Ttal.

PAWS « Digital Dharma

I don't know if you have PAWs or not - I'm not a Dr - see if you think it sounds useful
there are some really useful tips in there anyway

D
Old 09-08-2012, 03:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I don't know much about that...Alcohol was my undoing....Damn near killed me. I just want to say good for you for seeking out a recovery plan and I wish you the best with it....Give it all you got!!
Old 09-08-2012, 03:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks you all. I am trying and it feels good when i come on here and vent. I go to a suboxone forum and they say what I am going through is extremely common. I am just not use to it though. I am feeling emotions I have never felt before. It feels wierd when i cry all day. I never use to cry at all. Now i cry for the silliest things.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Alcohol did that to me....I was feeling emotions I didn't even know I had....I don't know what the time frame is for suboxone...But I do know with alcohol...Every day I didn't pick up I got better.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I hope it's normal, and I hope it passes. It's been almost 5 months since I stopped drinking and I wonder if I will ever feel "ok" again. I have to believe it will get better - it certainly was worse 5 months ago, but inside I wonder...
Old 09-08-2012, 04:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Larnie I am sure it will get better. Its just right now it is rough. If we pick up again we wont get better.