Notices

Class of June 2017 Support Thread Part 2

Old 08-03-2017, 05:34 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Day 60!!!!! I made it! Hope all is well with everyone!
Old 08-03-2017, 03:18 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats applewakesup

D
Old 08-07-2017, 09:02 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Hi all, Day 64 here and doing well. Still having some cravings and bad thinking on weekends. Holding on to over 2 months of sobriety keeps me on track. New thing I added to my program this month - deliberate self care and taking opportunities for giving (charity).

This weekend I knit an adorable purple hat for a newborn that will be born in October or November. Don't know the family. Donating to an organization in Oklahoma dedicated to helping families understand that crying is a big part of life for some babies, and working to eliminate shaken baby syndrome.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:07 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Day 65! Started some journaling, writing out my story to help me understand it. Digging up a lot of pain from when I was a kid. I have been to therapy about it in the past, but I have never explored the relationship between those years and my drinking.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:55 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Day 66! Last night I went out to dinner with past/present work friends. They all had beer but I didn't. We stayed for over 2 hours laughing and reminiscing. We had so much fun. And when it was time for me to leave, I wiggled my car out of it's tiny parallel parked spot and drove myself home with no fear of police. And then I had a cup of tea and went to bed. Sobriety is such a gift to me. Hope all are well!
Old 08-11-2017, 09:40 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Day 68! Another beautiful morning on the paddle board. I am enjoying about an hour of book reading before bed each night and the coziness is filling me with so much joy. And then after sleeping, I awake feeling refreshed and clear. I wonder why it took me so long to find sobriety.
Old 08-11-2017, 03:29 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats great applewakesup!

D
Old 08-12-2017, 05:44 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Great to see you still here appleswakeup... I'm around stI'll too.. don't know what day I'm on but all I know is that being sober is far superior than drinking all the time.. I have so many options of things to do, I've taken up exercise, something I've never done before and it feels great...
I love sleeping properly, I love the beutter relationship I have with the family, the only downside is that I've put on weight from the amped up sugar addiction(my last addiction).. but the exercise will eventually get that off...
Sober life the best life...
Old 08-15-2017, 05:53 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

I hear you on the sweets cravings! I am very active and yet I'm still feeling a little pudgy. I really thought my sweet tooth was gone back when I was drinking. Boy was I wrong! Just satisfied it with alcohol. Now it's ice cream!
Old 08-16-2017, 04:11 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

It tastes soooo good doesn't it... I can afford to eat sugar to be fair, I only weight 58kg clothed but like you I feel pudgy, but I don't think being addicted to sugar is any healthier for the body than alcohol.. we now have a personal trainer coming in for our family every week so that will help to encourage me to stay healthy..
Old 08-16-2017, 09:19 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

I'm hoping the sugar cravings subside with time. I have a very healthy diet otherwise, so I'm not too worried yet. As the weather cools off here I hope to swap the evening ice cream for some hot tea. I guess your weather is about to warm up, right?
Old 08-17-2017, 04:32 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

I hope it will, it's bloody horrible weather this year, it just doesn't stop raining and we have gone through 9cubic metres of firewood, so I am praying itfor starts warming up..
My sugar cravings I'm.finding are getting leas now, before I was eating ice cream with M&Ms and Tim Tams(delicious choc biscuit) on a near nightly basis now I'm not so seems it's getting better.. I've also started drinking kombucha and water kefir so this may be helping as well...
Old 08-17-2017, 09:08 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

I'm looking forward to it cooling off - though this has been a very cool August for us. Fall is my favorite and is the perfect weather for running.

What's your sober date? Mine's June 5, meaning today is Day 74. Nice that I have to look on my phone app to know which sober day I'm on instead of instantly knowing because the number was so low.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:37 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

78 Days!!! Awesome view for it.
Old 08-27-2017, 11:33 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Day 84! Home from vacation and feeling great for making it through without a drop! Hope some others from this class are staying strong and sober. Can't believe it's been almost the whole summer sober!
Old 08-27-2017, 03:38 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Administrator

thats great stuff applewakesup - welcome home

D
Old 08-28-2017, 02:58 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Day 85 and back to work after vacation. Headed out for a short run to clear my mind and then preparing myself for all I will encounter after a week away from work.
Today I am adding healthier eating to my program. I have allowed myself sweets after quitting drinking but time to rein it in. Have a great day, fellow Junebugs!
Old 08-28-2017, 04:38 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Congrats on 85 days Applewakesup!!

Proud of you!

Very quiet in the "June Room" I tend to post elsewhere but I still check in here occasionally.

Over a month sober for me now. Had a couple of slips along the way but got back on the sober path the next day, so not a complete write off.
You live and learn I guess.

See you around Apple
Old 08-30-2017, 05:12 AM
  # 499 (permalink)  

Day 87. Coming up on 90 days on Saturday. This is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, and I have a PhD in genetics. I could take breaks from my graduate work. No breaks for sobriety.

It's also really rewarding and makes my life better in so many ways. In some ways I still feel I am in a cloud and not fully connected with my life. It's this slow unveiling that is revealing to me how altered my life was while drinking. I'm so glad I stopped now, at age 47, because I just have the one life. Don't want to squander any more of it.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:35 PM
  # 500 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats to all you guys

time for a new thread:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post6591199