Administrator

(((Mags)))

D
Old 06-26-2017, 03:36 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Another 24 for me!!!
Old 06-26-2017, 03:47 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Had one of those thankfully now rare nights when even a sleeping pill didn't get me some sleep. It's going to be a lazy day.

Have a lovely Monday, Overs!
Old 06-26-2017, 04:17 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good afternoon Overs.

Off back to the hospital in a while to pick up Mrs Terrific. I'm going to drop in on my Dad on the way, he is recovering from a hernia operation. Busy busy busy.

Enjoy your afternoons everyone.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:22 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Mags- I hope you feel better soon. I have never had asthma but I have had bronchitis. Not being able to do the activity you normally do can be discouraging!

FormerBeerLover- the weather there does sound perfect for nature walks!

I have had a pretty good week. I stayed busy through my husbands drinking. I am hoping the binge is over today. I forgot what it was like to live with him drinking because he had been doing good for a long time. I think he is about to get back on track.

I definitely don't want do be a part of that insanity anymore.

I hope everyone has a great day. I am getting a haircut and doing a class at the gym later.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:42 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Hey Overs! Got Billie's DNA results last Friday. She is 62.5% beagle, 25% chihuahua, and 12.5 % mixed breeds. It was a detailed report, went back to her great grandparents. Well worth the $80.

It is so cool to know her ancestry. She also tested normal for multi-drug sensitivity, whatever that is.

Two of my daughters recently did a DNA test but they didn't tell me what it said. Maybe I'm not their mother after all...

I mistakenly posted this in the Unders thread. Duh!
Old 06-26-2017, 05:15 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Belated congrats to my good bud FBL! 8 Years is fantastic!

Mags dear, I'm sorry you are feeling down because of your asthma.

Welcome gatorman and I am glad for all the other anniversaries both wedded and sobriety.

Andy so glad you and your Mrs are getting through this together so well.

So lots going on here thus my absence. One of my buddies has acreage like mine but further out and wild boar are tearing up his garden. So he puts out corn and has wildlife cameras taking pictures with any motion and with night vision. He saw some big boar always between 1:00am to 2:30 am. No hunting season on boar as they are nuisance animals. So he asked me to come help him and we went out to the area with his side by side with winch and 4X4 drive. THe front windshield flips half down for shooting. He was using his .308 assault style with noise suppressor and night vision scope and I manned the thermal monocular. Between 1:30 and 1:45 he saw one and shot at it. I had my ears covered when he raised the rifle as we were sitting next to each other but put them down too soon as he took another shot. That suppressor worked or I would have a blown eardrum! No ringing. We found the blood trail and I found it with a clean shot in the shoulder. He was large but not the largest I have seen. It was a real job getting him out and he weighed in at 243 pounds. Bob asked me to come by and pick up a share for helping and I have some 5 pounds of sausage in casings and 5 pounds of no casing breakfast sausage. He also had more tomatoes than he could ever eat or can as he didn't expect the yield. he had several bushels of heirloom, beefsteak and the sweetest cherry tomatoes I've ever had. And bell peppers too. So we helped him keep from wasting it all and took home more tomatoes than we can eat in less than a week. First time I ever cleaned a boar. I have eaten them before and love the flavor. We lost most of Friday through Saturday as it was 5 AM before we finished getting it ready and that afternoon skinned and brought to the processors. He just called and told me to be ready as one even bigger is going to the feeder at about the same time. This time I'll be prepared for the cramped seat and bring a hand truck.

I have had a big scare because I did not know you could get a callous on your tongue. I have what looks like the normal bit my tongue sore but bigger. I called my ENT guy and had to wait four days to see him and he told me it was just a callous. He said to stop niggling the spot on my gums and teeth with my tongue and that if it persists he can stop the niggling by cutting out the callous and it will then hurt badly enough to break the habit and heal. I had some dermatology issues and had my Derm guy get it all burned, excised or prescription for lotions all done. MY eyes are doing great and I am having the Lasik in two weeks and am going to go ahead and Get r Dun! THen my podiatris to help with my sore feet as I start walking distances again and start biking in one place until I lose at least 50 pounds. I am the guy who was trim and always drew positive attention in any place I went all the way into my 50s. Then the back and neck and quitting smoking and drinking at the same time and I began to eat for comfort and now am ready. I can't blame the back as it is healed just needing muscle toning to make it 100%.

We have engaged a remodeling crew to go through the house we inherited and to paint all the ceilings and do some minor repairs.

Carpet is picked out an awaiting the paint crew, I got my wife a newer car and she loves it, and hers just went to the friend's used car lot for sale. He can finance and we think it was sold to a couple that saw us bring it in.

I just got my design back for Hot Rod flames on the front of my HHR with a wrap and it gets put on next Wednesday. It can be just as stressful having too much go right all at the same time. I don't miss drinking at all since quitting. Relapse is not a destiny for any of us unless we think it is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Front left (Mobile).jpg (80.0 KB, 29 views)
Old 06-26-2017, 05:18 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  
Re-Member

And here is the front view. That is my car they just did the graphics design on pictures they took of my car and guarantee it will look just like the artist rendering. It is a wrap and they last four to 10 years but when done can be peeled off. For very little compared to custom paint I get my hot rod look for my HHR. I am also in the middle of setting up a Mobley unlimited Internet hotspot for my car. MY backed up projects make me feel stressed too, until I remind myself that it is for fun or I am done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Front (Mobile).jpg (73.8 KB, 28 views)
Old 06-26-2017, 06:15 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Very cool, Itch, especially about the boar and veggies.

Glad to hear all is going well. Pressure of too much good fortune?

I'm sure you can handle it!
Old 06-26-2017, 07:05 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Itchy, I had no idea that wild boars got so big, or made good sausage!
Old 06-26-2017, 07:35 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stargazer016 View Post
Itchy, I had no idea that wild boars got so big, or made good sausage!
Boar and bacon sausage is a favorite of mine.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:36 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
Belated congrats to my good bud FBL! 8 Years is fantastic!

Mags dear, I'm sorry you are feeling down because of your asthma.

Welcome gatorman and I am glad for all the other anniversaries both wedded and sobriety.

Andy so glad you and your Mrs are getting through this together so well.

So lots going on here thus my absence. One of my buddies has acreage like mine but further out and wild boar are tearing up his garden. So he puts out corn and has wildlife cameras taking pictures with any motion and with night vision. He saw some big boar always between 1:00am to 2:30 am. No hunting season on boar as they are nuisance animals. So he asked me to come help him and we went out to the area with his side by side with winch and 4X4 drive. THe front windshield flips half down for shooting. He was using his .308 assault style with noise suppressor and night vision scope and I manned the thermal monocular. Between 1:30 and 1:45 he saw one and shot at it. I had my ears covered when he raised the rifle as we were sitting next to each other but put them down too soon as he took another shot. That suppressor worked or I would have a blown eardrum! No ringing. We found the blood trail and I found it with a clean shot in the shoulder. He was large but not the largest I have seen. It was a real job getting him out and he weighed in at 243 pounds. Bob asked me to come by and pick up a share for helping and I have some 5 pounds of sausage in casings and 5 pounds of no casing breakfast sausage. He also had more tomatoes than he could ever eat or can as he didn't expect the yield. he had several bushels of heirloom, beefsteak and the sweetest cherry tomatoes I've ever had. And bell peppers too. So we helped him keep from wasting it all and took home more tomatoes than we can eat in less than a week. First time I ever cleaned a boar. I have eaten them before and love the flavor. We lost most of Friday through Saturday as it was 5 AM before we finished getting it ready and that afternoon skinned and brought to the processors. He just called and told me to be ready as one even bigger is going to the feeder at about the same time. This time I'll be prepared for the cramped seat and bring a hand truck.

I have had a big scare because I did not know you could get a callous on your tongue. I have what looks like the normal bit my tongue sore but bigger. I called my ENT guy and had to wait four days to see him and he told me it was just a callous. He said to stop niggling the spot on my gums and teeth with my tongue and that if it persists he can stop the niggling by cutting out the callous and it will then hurt badly enough to break the habit and heal. I had some dermatology issues and had my Derm guy get it all burned, excised or prescription for lotions all done. MY eyes are doing great and I am having the Lasik in two weeks and am going to go ahead and Get r Dun! THen my podiatris to help with my sore feet as I start walking distances again and start biking in one place until I lose at least 50 pounds. I am the guy who was trim and always drew positive attention in any place I went all the way into my 50s. Then the back and neck and quitting smoking and drinking at the same time and I began to eat for comfort and now am ready. I can't blame the back as it is healed just needing muscle toning to make it 100%.

We have engaged a remodeling crew to go through the house we inherited and to paint all the ceilings and do some minor repairs.

Carpet is picked out an awaiting the paint crew, I got my wife a newer car and she loves it, and hers just went to the friend's used car lot for sale. He can finance and we think it was sold to a couple that saw us bring it in.

I just got my design back for Hot Rod flames on the front of my HHR with a wrap and it gets put on next Wednesday. It can be just as stressful having too much go right all at the same time. I don't miss drinking at all since quitting. Relapse is not a destiny for any of us unless we think it is.
Itchy, your life is so much more interesting than mine!
Old 06-26-2017, 07:38 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Morning overs

Andy , pleased Mrs Terrific is responding to the treatment X

Feeling a bit washed out these last few days. Asthma is getting me down!

Have a good weekend overs xx
Mags, sorry about your asthma acting up. I hope you feel better soon.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:44 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

I've been reducing my coffee intake on doctor's orders. Have it down to two cups in the morning and none later in the day. Decided this weekend to switch to "half caff" so that I am only getting a single cup of coffee's worth of caffeine out of two cups. Wow, I can't believe how much the caffeine reduction is affecting me. I feel a little spacey and tired, just like when I quit drinking alcohol. On the positive side, with the half caff, I am avoiding the headaches associated with quitting coffee cold turkey.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:16 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Gil,
It's stress of my own making and choosing so I can "Do or do not do, there is no try." (Yoda) Things don't count just people. Yep we have great friends here. Two or three and a lot of acquaintances. That's why I like to come here for camaraderie. We've all been there.

Star,
Boar is served in the best restaurants and are raised from wild captures in many countries like Germany. As far as big in size that is an average one. the record is 1100 pounds. 1,100-lb. Feral Hog Shot
Louisiana Hog Makes the Record Book • Hog Hunting in Louisiana - Louisiana Sportsman Reports, LA

Here's an 1100 pound boar, took a front end loader to carry it back.
http://www.gon.com/hunting/1100-lb-f...-in-fayette-co

I'll put a pic of Bob's hog at the bottom, still lots of tenderloin chops ribs and sausage. The guy in the pic standing next to it is his tenant on his land next door to his house.

GHD,
You bet, Feral pig is without growth hormones or antibiotics or other medicines and steroids, it's just goodness from mother nature! Still needs to be well cooked. Aw ya gotta remember people are only as interesting as they are interested. Follow your interests! Not sure? Try many things. Libraries, museums, zoos and historical sites are free or almost. Hikes and bikes, wildlife and nightlife. Its all there for the taking everywhere.

I cut back on my coffee too unintentionally. I stopped mindlessly drinking it all day and now instead of two 12 cup pots a day, its half of one. At first I was a bit sleepy in mid day but I got used to less too. Now if I can just kick back without snacking I'll be over the hump in no time. Sugar is my bane. But never in my life was I into sweets at all until I quit drinking. Thank goodness I'm not diabetic! I am a zombie for starlite mints, the hard ones. yummm!

My life is mostly hanging around my own place, and the inherited property to get it refreshed so we can sell it at top dollar. Great housing market now too!

Here's the hog my friend shot. The guy in the pic is his tenant on his property next door to his house:
Old 06-26-2017, 11:24 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Man that's a lot of crackling!! ( pork rinds to my American cousins - I grew up in the Midlands, we used to teethe on crackling!) we occasionally get wild boar burgers here. When we were in Louisiana we went on a bayou trip and saw some wild boar piglets, so cute!
Old 06-27-2017, 12:09 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Oooh crackling lovely.

Great to hear your news Itchy.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:17 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Good morning...
Old 06-27-2017, 03:30 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Wow, Itch! You have been busy. My Dad used to rave about wild boar meat. I think I must've at least tried it when I was a kid. I could always stand to lose a few pounds too, but at least my daily walks help keep me from getting stuck in the doorway.

Have a Terrific and/or Tolerable Tuesday, overs!