Notices

Cheers for Venuscat Part Four

Old 05-10-2017, 07:02 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
And ta da, the office....all it needs now is something on the wall above my desk.
And yes Aussies, that is my St Kilda footy membership tag and a Saints cap on the wall.

love the hardwood floors, too!!!!
Old 05-10-2017, 07:03 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

How lovely honey, and completely different to the version I grew up with:

Mary, Mary, quite contrary,
How does your garden grow?
With silver bells, and cockle shells,
And pretty maids all in a row.
You and I grew up with the same version.

The one I posted reminded me of you and Nick working together!!!
Old 05-10-2017, 07:04 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Goodnight, lovebirds.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:22 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

This is actually where we started so many months ago....picking furniture online and on the phone together, with Nick measuring spaces while I drove him crazy.

The brown leather chair was the first thing I bought....the first new piece of furniture I have ever owned. And it swivels....and it is the most comfortable chair on the planet. Then the poof, and then the bed, bedside tables, lamps and then the dressing table. Gosh it took Nick a good few hours to put that together.....I remember that night well.

The orange-y canvas is a photo I took from my loungeroom window in Melbourne and the blue sky pic is one Nick took on the way back from work one day last September I think.

We had them printed on canvas and stretched onto frames. Boy that was interesting....we are now experts if anyone wants to know the best and cheapest way to do it. :-)

We have one or two of mine left to do, and then we may also put some more of my photos on the wall above the dressing table.

We have an awesome printer that does photos, so we can do it all ourselves.

Every night we look around our bedroom and think: we did this. We made this lovely room together. It is gorgeous and peaceful and we are really proud that it is ours. :-)

Old 05-10-2017, 07:46 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I just realised that I left my Desiderata poster in Melbourne....it was very old and worn anyway, so this is now on its way to us and will live above the dressing table.

Old 05-10-2017, 07:50 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Suze, you new home is just beautiful. It reflects both your personalities, and the best part is, you both designed it together. I haven't posted much, but I do look at the thread often and have kept up with all the gorgeous pictures and postings.

I am so very happy for you. You deserve this. I don't know Goat very well, but I do know that he is a great cook! I just know the two of you are going to be so happy together.

((((((HUGS))))))
Old 05-10-2017, 07:56 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Thank you love....and Nick has not exactly been able to cook for me.
I am way too fussy, hmm.....instead we are doing a lot of the things I always eat and are about to start using our awesome new barbecue/grill.....Nick of course will be in charge of that and making us fantastic steak and fish and vegies and all things grilled.

Old 05-10-2017, 09:49 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Magsie

Suze, beautiful, just beautiful X I love the floors, too xx
Old 05-11-2017, 08:05 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Oh my word, Suze, your place is awesome! So restful, so serene and tastefully designed! You guys are a fantastic team! So happy for you! Love, love your photographs!
Old 05-11-2017, 08:25 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

You two have created such a lovely nest. It looks so welcoming and calming....just what we all need in today's world. A beautiful and comforting place to come home to can make all the difference in our mood.
Some have the touch when it comes to interior design, some don't. We all certainly know which category you belong in!
Enjoy the oasis you two have created; you certainly deserve it.
All the best,
Croutie
Old 05-11-2017, 08:47 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Thank you lovely friends.

I needed this oasis in the midst of chaos ~ moving across the universe and starting a brand-new life in every way has been far more complicated than I/we could ever have believed. But that's OK: we are getting there. And coming home to our peaceful lovely house is an absolute joy.

I knew I had a flare for interior design, but I have never had new things to choose and place before, so it is really gratifying that Nick loves my taste so much. And seriously fantastic that we like all of the same things. It makes it even easier to love and care for the place together. We worked hard on this, and spent a fair amount of money and we don't take any of it for granted. ♥
Old 05-11-2017, 09:24 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Thank you lovely friends.

I needed this oasis in the midst of chaos ~ moving across the universe and starting a brand-new life in every way has been far more complicated than I/we could ever have believed. But that's OK: we are getting there. And coming home to our peaceful lovely house is an absolute joy.

I knew I had a flare for interior design, but I have never had new things to choose and place before, so it is really gratifying that Nick loves my taste so much. And seriously fantastic that we like all of the same things. It makes it even easier to love and care for the place together. We worked hard on this, and spent a fair amount of money and we don't take any of it for granted. ♥
❤️ Love it all.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:24 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

❤️ Love you two, too!!!!!
Old 05-11-2017, 09:25 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Love you very much dearest Leigh.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:25 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I just realised that I left my Desiderata poster in Melbourne....it was very old and worn anyway, so this is now on its way to us and will live above the dressing table.

That's a favorite of mine!!!!!
Old 05-11-2017, 09:26 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I know....your posts yesterday reminded me that I had left it behind.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:27 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

This is actually where we started so many months ago....picking furniture online and on the phone together, with Nick measuring spaces while I drove him crazy.

The brown leather chair was the first thing I bought....the first new piece of furniture I have ever owned. And it swivels....and it is the most comfortable chair on the planet. Then the poof, and then the bed, bedside tables, lamps and then the dressing table. Gosh it took Nick a good few hours to put that together.....I remember that night well.

The orange-y canvas is a photo I took from my loungeroom window in Melbourne and the blue sky pic is one Nick took on the way back from work one day last September I think.

We had them printed on canvas and stretched onto frames. Boy that was interesting....we are now experts if anyone wants to know the best and cheapest way to do it. :-)

We have one or two of mine left to do, and then we may also put some more of my photos on the wall above the dressing table.

We have an awesome printer that does photos, so we can do it all ourselves.

Every night we look around our bedroom and think: we did this. We made this lovely room together. It is gorgeous and peaceful and we are really proud that it is ours. :-)

Lovely, lovely, lovely!!!!

The exposed brick is fabulous, too.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:28 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

You two are great photographers, too
Old 05-11-2017, 09:28 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I know....your posts yesterday reminded me that I had left it behind.
Oh yes, my posts that screwed up the threads.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:30 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

^^^ You didn't screw anything up.