Notices

Class of February 2017 Support Thread Part 2

Old 02-27-2017, 04:35 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Congratulations RuralJuror! That is fantastic. So glad you didn't drink the wine at home, too!
Sober is starting to feel better to me, too.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:44 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

It really does feel so good. I can't believe how many days I woke up feeling like crap thinking that was my "normal".

Glad you're feeling the same
Old 02-27-2017, 04:44 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Finally read back to Elliemae's post. I had a lot of catching up to do! So sorry you drank, Elliemae. Sorry you're having such a bad time. I hope you can get right back on board. Post us how you are, okay?
Old 02-27-2017, 04:46 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Hi, I know February is almost over, but my sober date is in Feb 2017. If you all don't mind a latecomer, id like to hang with you all a bit.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:59 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BixBees505 View Post
Hi, I know February is almost over, but my sober date is in Feb 2017. If you all don't mind a latecomer, id like to hang with you all a bit.
Welcome!!!! Always happy to have someone new join us
Old 02-27-2017, 05:04 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Oh my! "My normal." How many times have I thought that in the shower, knowing I was going to have to drag through another day of work.

Not today, and not tomorrow! Day 2 / Night 2
Old 02-27-2017, 05:06 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

We welcome all! Jump right in. Glad to have you Bix.

AV was loud and persistent on the drive home from work tonight. Loudest it's been since I stopped. I had to repeat myself that I will never ever drink again multiple times out loud and with profanity to shut the voice up. Absolutely no known trigger or any reason what so ever to have those thoughts. The profanity is just cause that's how I normally talk to myself! All is well now found my wife and daughters tea stash. Good evening or good morning everyone. Hockey time for me
Old 02-27-2017, 05:35 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nexttime View Post
We welcome all! Jump right in. Glad to have you Bix.

AV was loud and persistent on the drive home from work tonight. Loudest it's been since I stopped. I had to repeat myself that I will never ever drink again multiple times out loud and with profanity to shut the voice up. Absolutely no known trigger or any reason what so ever to have those thoughts. The profanity is just cause that's how I normally talk to myself! All is well now found my wife and daughters tea stash. Good evening or good morning everyone. Hockey time for me
Great job talking down the urge to drink. I totally understand and sometimes comes out of nowhere. That has happened to me so many times. I'm going to have some tea as well.
Old 02-27-2017, 05:37 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Hi BixBees. Welcome to our group! There are a lot of supportive people here! Read and post often!
Old 02-27-2017, 06:03 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Thank you all. On that February evening, after some weeks sober, I decided to pour myself one stiff drink. That is all I knew, all I remember is pouring that "one" drink. Turns out I consumed a liter of vodka within about 2.5 hours. Scared my SO near to death.

Once I could raise my head off the bed, I spent the next day or two reading the secular connections thread that is such an incredible discussion of AVRT. Finally understanding what it was, I made my Big Plan. I'll never drink again. I don't drink. And I will never change my mind.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:55 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Welcome BixBees! I think I know you from the weekender thread. I'm glad you're here.
I took a hot bath and put on clean pj's and I feel so nice. I could get addicted to this!
I'm taking a break from recovery books and reading "Gone Girl". It's dark, but very interesting. I found the title on a list of best books.
I hope I sleep tonight! I hope all of you do, too. Big hugs to everyone!
Old 02-27-2017, 06:59 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Gabriel, driving home from work is my worst trigger. My friend told me to not go straight home anymore for a while. It's that bad! So, I go and get a cold drink from a place that doesn't sell alcohol and sit there and talk on the phone to her or someone else in recovery for a few minutes. Being thirsty at the end of the day is part of my problem. Tired, thirsty, hungry and lonesome. That's how I feel when I leave work, and it screws with my head! But it will get better. I'm so glad you were able to get through!
Old 02-27-2017, 07:10 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  
Meow

My job requires me to attend a couple of night meetings a month. Basically 12 hour days that I always ended with three glasses of wine before bed. It's nights like this that I'd like to have one (of three). I'm fine on normal workdays, though.

Obviously (or at least hopefully obviously) I'm not drinking wine.

I do enjoy the mornings more now. lol

Oh, and super congrats RuralJuror. I'm very impressed - I honestly thought you were setting yourself up for failure but you rocked it!
Old 02-27-2017, 07:24 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Hello everyone,
I hope you don't mind that I am joining so late in February, but I am here!
Hope all is well with everyone!
Old 02-27-2017, 07:39 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Welcome to all new classmates! ! Post, read, and lean on everyone.

Been a rough day for me. Reality has set in. Gonna head to bed, but tomorrow is s new day.
Old 02-27-2017, 07:59 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

I'm back, day 7

Don't know if you guys remember me from earlier this month, but I'm back. 7 days sober, feeling good.
I wasn't gonna post until I could get through a weekend without drinking, and I did it. So I'm back now, I felt like such a hippocrate posting and not being able to stay sober.
Had a major breakthrough this weekend. After trying to muster up the courage to go to an AA meeting, I finally went to one. I can't tell you how many times I have tried, only to turn around when I got to the door.
The people were nice and very concerned about my sobriety, one guy I met gave me a schedule book and marked all the meetings near where I live. And another person pulled me aside after and gave me their number if I needed to talk to someone.
Hopefully, getting that first meeting out of the way, will pave the way for me to be more open to others, and maybe learn some more positive personality traits. Lord knows I can't stay sober if I keep trying to do it by myself.
On a side note, I was able to come up with some new music to play on my guitar. I didn't want to come to work today because I just wanted to keep playing. And it's not the same old sad songs that I always play, I've gotten a little better without realizing it, somehow. TAlk to you guys later, with more good news, I hope.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:16 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

This class is so supportive! Congratulations to those making it another day and to those who have slipped but have come back.
Day 2 for me. I'm not pleased about having to start the count again but I feel that I have a 2 week headstart health wise. I'm still really tired in the mornings but my brain seems clearer and I'm able to finish jobs rather than just start them. Although I do remember brain fog happening for several weeks. I won't be complacent and I won't drink today.
Have a great day everyone.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:18 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  
HFA

Originally Posted by Disonant View Post
Don't know if you guys remember me from earlier this month, but I'm back. 7 days sober, feeling good.
I wasn't gonna post until I could get through a weekend without drinking, and I did it. So I'm back now, I felt like such a hippocrate posting and not being able to stay sober.
Had a major breakthrough this weekend. After trying to muster up the courage to go to an AA meeting, I finally went to one. I can't tell you how many times I have tried, only to turn around when I got to the door.
The people were nice and very concerned about my sobriety, one guy I met gave me a schedule book and marked all the meetings near where I live. And another person pulled me aside after and gave me their number if I needed to talk to someone.
Hopefully, getting that first meeting out of the way, will pave the way for me to be more open to others, and maybe learn some more positive personality traits. Lord knows I can't stay sober if I keep trying to do it by myself.
On a side note, I was able to come up with some new music to play on my guitar. I didn't want to come to work today because I just wanted to keep playing. And it's not the same old sad songs that I always play, I've gotten a little better without realizing it, somehow. TAlk to you guys later, with more good news, I hope.
Welcome Back!! Glad you're here.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:45 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Toivo Axeman and BixBees and welcome back disonant catlover and ellimae

congrats rural juror and Marissa and everyone hitting a milestone today...

and congrats to you too RetiredGuy for sticking with it, and us

I'm glad you're finding social interaction not that bad BYB

D
Old 02-27-2017, 11:21 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  
Administrator

For those who haven't been in a monthly thread before or have forgotten...

when a new month kicks off, we move the thread for the old month (Feb 17) to the Daily Support Forum, while the new month thread (March 17) takes over in the main Newcomers Forum.

Nothing else changes -you guys stay together and we keep adding new parts to this thread every time we hit 500 posts

I'll put in a redirect to help those who get lost

It's likely to be a little early this month as I won't be here on the 1st.
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up

D