Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 8

Old 05-05-2016, 06:58 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Hi Jannies,

Olivia, I'm so glad you are ok, that is very scary! Keep us posted on the CT scan.

MAV, sorry about your finger, I hope it heals quickly.

I am looking forward to the weekend. The kids asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day, and I told them a weekend without them arguing with each other. Time will tell if they deliver!

Have a good night everyone!

❤️ Delilah
Old 05-05-2016, 08:30 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Thanks everybody for the be well wishes and glad I'm safe!!

Dellilah - great Mother's Day wish!

So.... Today I missed my mmmmmm coffee ! Had my scan. Well I have mild diverticulitis. If this is mild I'd hate to feel chronic! Symptoms were rough for 1.5 days. Not so bad now. Every 15-30 minutes I could hardly breathe for about 30+ seconds. I'm on meds that i couldn't drink if I wanted to. I used to drink on antibiotics! Yep, genius me! Pharmacist said don't drink on the one med and don't go out in the sun with the other! I felt like saying well I'm an alcoholic and a farmer!! Seriously tho, the one med talks about telling your doc if you've taken Antabuse in the last two weeks so I'm guessing this one is very much don't drink on. Says it will flush your skin (like Antabuse). Antabuse is nothing to play with either.

Anyway my days are long and very busy from here on out. I will try to pop in every night but I'm on this darn phone all the time with business/personal stuff. Planting and mowing and ordering for our business.

Good luck and God bless us all.

Marcia
Old 05-05-2016, 08:32 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Happy Mother's Day to the muthas!

And let's all remember our mothers on this upcoming great day!

Enjoy!
Old 05-05-2016, 09:28 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Pharmacist said don't drink on the one med and don't go out in the sun with the other! I felt like saying well I'm an alcoholic and a farmer!!
Oh Olivia, love your sense of humor!- Hope you have a successful growing season and look forward to your posts when you have time. Take care!

Delilah, that sounds like a lovely and relaxing Mother's day present!

This week, I've been in 3 work related social drinking events with at least 2 more expected next week. It's the first time in months that I looked at a glass of w*** and thought, hmmm. That was it, just hmmm. I'm pretty strong with my sobriety and as this social aspect of my job continues (and it will to varying degrees) I will add to my tool box. Just not sure what to add. I believe Rally has been through some challenging work/social events so I may PM her. Any other suggestions are welcome!

This is also our family's first Mother's Day without our mother and I just realized that's probably another reason this week is emotionally challenging.

Night Jannies, take care.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:54 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Thanks Bandi!

Awe - the first "everything" was so darn difficult. Hang in there. Xo

Heading to slumberland. Just took my "Antabuse"! Ha!
Old 05-06-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

Originally Posted by Olivia2011 View Post
Thanks Bandi!

Awe - the first "everything" was so darn difficult. Hang in there. Xo

Heading to slumberland. Just took my "Antabuse"! Ha!
Good luck with the mets. Would love to know more about your farm when you get a spare sec!
Old 05-06-2016, 03:25 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
Pharmacist said don't drink on the one med and don't go out in the sun with the other! I felt like saying well I'm an alcoholic and a farmer!!
Oh Olivia, love your sense of humor!- Hope you have a successful growing season and look forward to your posts when you have time. Take care!

Delilah, that sounds like a lovely and relaxing Mother's day present!

This week, I've been in 3 work related social drinking events with at least 2 more expected next week. It's the first time in months that I looked at a glass of w*** and thought, hmmm. That was it, just hmmm. I'm pretty strong with my sobriety and as this social aspect of my job continues (and it will to varying degrees) I will add to my tool box. Just not sure what to add. I believe Rally has been through some challenging work/social events so I may PM her. Any other suggestions are welcome!

This is also our family's first Mother's Day without our mother and I just realized that's probably another reason this week is emotionally challenging.

Night Jannies, take care.
I know that hmmmm feeling! Been getting it recently also. Not a "hmm, I want a drink" but a "hmm, drink. Interesting. " thing. Like a "hmm, maybe I could" thing.

Scary in many ways. I don't have any great advice I'm afraid other than I recognise it as another incarnation of the damned AV... So keep your guard!
Old 05-06-2016, 05:20 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Hello and Happy Friday,

Bandi and MAV, must be something in the air today. I was driving home from work and the thought of having a glass of wine popped in my head, and didn't seem to want to leave. I am home now and have green tea and I am watching a few shows I didn't get to see this week.

It is great to have you guys here to talk to!

❤️ Delilah
Old 05-06-2016, 07:29 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Bandi, Mav and Delilah, there is no such thing as a glass of wine or any other alcoholic beverage, we all know that all too well and have to keep reminding ourselves that one glass opens the floodgates to the living hell we've fought so hard to escape from. Every one of us knows this is true, so let's not stray from the truth, together we are strong. It's been a tough week, time for some self-pampering.

Okay, I'm off my soapbox, that "reminder" was as much for my benefit as everyone else's.
Old 05-06-2016, 07:35 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Wishing all the moms out there a lovely Mother's Day! I'm blessed to still have my mom around to spend time with. Bandi, I'm sending you a big hug and hope that you can celebrate the memories you have of your mom.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:24 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by mav View Post
I know that hmmmm feeling! Been getting it recently also. Not a "hmm, I want a drink" but a "hmm, drink. Interesting. " thing. Like a "hmm, maybe I could" thing.

Scary in many ways. I don't have any great advice I'm afraid other than I recognise it as another incarnation of the damned AV... So keep your guard!
Exactly Mav! I'm certain it's sneaky AV and it's not getting what it wants.
It's so good to have you all here to talk to and understand what 'hmmm' means without going into a lot of detail. Thanks Mav
Old 05-06-2016, 08:28 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Odelle, not being able to have one is exactly why I am drinking green tea!! Unfortunately from past experience I know that I would not just have one! Thankfully the thoughts have passed.
Old 05-07-2016, 07:58 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

So, I haven't posted much, because I didn't want to use this forum as a place to whine and complain about this recovery process, BUT I have decided to jump in and join in with you all. My sobriety date is 1/4/16. Happy to be here! Now I have to try to catch up on every one by reading back through the posts.
Old 05-07-2016, 08:48 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Hello and Happy Friday,

Bandi and MAV, must be something in the air today. I was driving home from work and the thought of having a glass of wine popped in my head, and didn't seem to want to leave. I am home now and have green tea and I am watching a few shows I didn't get to see this week.

It is great to have you guys here to talk to!

❤️ Delilah
Delilah, I think it's natural for those thoughts to pop in our heads once in awhile and that we recognize them for what they are: A warning sign to nurture our precious and hard fought Sobriety!

Green tea sounds refreshing! For our Kentucky Derby party today I'm making sun tea with chamomile green tea and some slushies. Here's the recipe.
4 cups cut-up watermelon
1 cup cut-up strawberries
1/4 cup green tea, chilled
2 tbls. agave nectar
1 lime, seeded and juiced
2 cups ice cubes
watermelon wedges for garnish
Blend!
Serves 6

Cheers and Happy Saturday-
Old 05-07-2016, 08:56 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by Odelle View Post
Wishing all the moms out there a lovely Mother's Day! I'm blessed to still have my mom around to spend time with. Bandi, I'm sending you a big hug and hope that you can celebrate the memories you have of your mom.
Thank you for the hug Odelle

Her birthday is also this weekend so it's bittersweet with 2 special mom days. The good memories and a family gathering tomorrow will help.

Wishing you a blessed day with your mother and your children! Take care
Old 05-07-2016, 08:58 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Good morning Jannies!

Stillpooh, it is great to hear from you,congratulations on hitting the four month mark! Feel free to pop in and whine away whenever you are having a rough day. It helps!

Bandi, that sounds yummy, we usually have a few people over for the race as well, I may need to steal your concoction!

Hope you guys all have a great day.

❤️ Delilah
Old 05-07-2016, 09:04 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by Odelle View Post
Bandi, Mav and Delilah, there is no such thing as a glass of wine or any other alcoholic beverage, we all know that all too well and have to keep reminding ourselves that one glass opens the floodgates to the living hell we've fought so hard to escape from. Every one of us knows this is true, so let's not stray from the truth, together we are strong. It's been a tough week, time for some self-pampering.

Okay, I'm off my soapbox, that "reminder" was as much for my benefit as everyone else's.
Thank you for stepping up on your soapbox Odelle. We all need a reminder of that living hell!

I had my first drinking dream last night and it scared the crap out of me. I woke with my heart pounding and my first thought was a sinking feeling that I would need to come on here and admit to all of you that I drank. It was a horrible feeling!

I've read several posts about terrifying drinking dreams but never understood that feeling until now. Thank God it was just a dream.

Together we are stronger. Thanks Jannies!
Old 05-07-2016, 09:07 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Good morning Jannies,

Stillpooh, consider this class your safe haven, feel free to share, whine and/or rant, whatever it takes to keep you sober.
Old 05-07-2016, 09:09 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hi stillpooh and a huge Congratulations on your 4 months and counting!
Pop in and whine away or share something good from your day. That's what we're here for. Welcome to our Jannies class!

Steal away Delilah and please share if you find a great summer recipe-
Old 05-07-2016, 09:15 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

I'm glad it was just a dream Bandi! I haven't had any drinking dreams yet, so thanks for sharing, hopefully that's something I won't have to share.