Notices

Class of March 2013 part 33

Old 10-25-2014, 06:15 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Haven't been close to fantasy fest this year. Last night was the first rain free night since Sunday
Old 10-25-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
Duff - you don't have to come out and say you're in recovery. A simple "I don't drink anymore" should be enough to get her off your back. If she asks follow up questions, just say, "I decided it wasn't for me." I've honestly never had a follow-up question after that.

Marcher: I can only name three territories -
Victoria: (Melbourne)
NSW: (Sydney)
Queensland: (Brisbane or Cairns?)

I.e., the places with actual people in them.

To be fair though, I don't mean to rag on your homeland. Australia is the best place I've ever visited. I still crave the meat pies. I stayed with a family in NSW who lived in the countryside and had kangaroos who just hung out in their backyard. I also climbed Ayers Rock, which had the best view I've ever seen. And I've been scuba diving at the great barrier reef. Fun times. I need to get back but it's SO expensive to travel there from the states.

And Scotland is my second favorite place. Nicest people in all the countries I've been (I think I'm up to 17 countries - soon to be 18). I stayed with this one family who insisted on cooking my fancy meals like double-cut lamb chops with mint sauce every night. Too bad I couldn't understand half of what they were saying lol. Though the accent wasn't as bad as Wales. I couldn't understand 90% of the Welsh dialect. I mostly just nodded when I was there.

I'm no geography buff, but I had an international relations professor my freshman year of college who insisted we have weekly quizzes on identifying every country on each continent. A new continent every week. Africa was a bitch.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:36 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

DD, totally agree. I've never had anyone not accept "I don't drink." That's why I say I don't think she believes me.

Oh - and don't forget your ********!!!
Old 10-25-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Um ... Dee? Why won't it let me type that document you need to travel overseas?? Begins with a p
Old 10-25-2014, 07:50 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
Originally Posted by Duffster View Post
Um ... Dee? Why won't it let me type that document you need to travel overseas?? Begins with a p
Hah! I had the same thing happened to me when I mentioned I was renewing said document. Apparently, it's because there was/is a spam problem with bots posting about that.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:00 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Ahhhh...mystery solved!
Old 10-25-2014, 09:08 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Marcher thanks for the AUS over US map. I actually think of the US as really small, so that one didn't surprise me. I guess I always thought that area of Western Europe was bigger. I probably glom all of Europe together in my mind. Throw in Russia and China and things get huge.

Africa is a bear. That's where most of those immigration documents would come from in my work. Some of the countries are in embargos with the US too, so I was constantly researching trade agreements with these little countries I didn't even know existed, like Malawi. I don't know what the political deal is with Western Africa either, but there are lots of little countries that change hands/names on the regular. I feel for those people that are trying to immigrate. So much graft and red tape it's almost impossible for them, and they go through their life savings trying to do so.

Duff, if my first dive was on the Barrier Reef, I'd probably still be there. Years ago it was my goal to go there, now I don't think I could stand the long flight. I don't even like flying to the Caribbean - so much travel bureaucracy. I spend a whole day each way stressed out.

It's raining. I have a maybe sick kitty. I've nursed her along with subcutaneous fluids for two years. I'm hoping it's just hairballs but she's not eating which is scary in kitty-land. Of course it's always on a Saturday so I have to take her to the $$Emergency Vet.

OH, wait. This isn't Whiners, is it? :-/
Old 10-25-2014, 09:14 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

(((Bimini))), sorry your kitty isn't well. I know mine is the light of my life and it really bothers me when one of my kitties has been I'll.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:41 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

pasoporte

We're just going to have to start typing in Espanol
Old 10-25-2014, 02:17 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by digdug View Post
And Scotland is my second favorite place. Nicest people in all the countries I've been

A man with taste!!....you've ht the nail on the head re my dilemma while being here DD.........not that Ozzies aren't friendly, we're poss just a wee bit more!
Old 10-25-2014, 04:38 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Duffster View Post
...a persistent drivers licence pass port spammer

D
Old 10-25-2014, 04:39 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL I've seen Still Game (Scottish sitcom), Life...friendly?

D
Old 10-25-2014, 06:01 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers Well you guys had a fine time overnight. Paradise is sunny and warm, I'm just back from the farmer's market and a bike ride -- good stuff.

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
I do know that Canberra is the nation's capital!
Excellent work Gilmer! Now which territory might the Australian capital be in?

Originally Posted by digdug View Post
Marcher: I can only name three territories -
Victoria: (Melbourne)
NSW: (Sydney)
Queensland: (Brisbane or Cairns?)
Good work DD! Those are states not territories but a good show, Brisbane is the capital of Queensland although I believe Cairns thinks it is. We are halfway. There is a funny little island off the southern tip of Australia and so far we don't have a name for any of the three states that make up the western, northern and southern parts of Australia. C'mon DD, Ayer's Rock is in which territory in the north of Australia?

Have a good day peeps.

ETA Can't you tell I used to be a teacher? I can't let it go until we have all the correct answers.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:02 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Australian Capital Territory!

Northern Territory, South Australia, and Western Australia (I cheated--I looked them all up this morning). Tasmania. I always loved the Tasmanian Devil from the Bugs B unny cartoons.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:06 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Gilmer here's your prize!

Old 10-25-2014, 06:08 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Old 10-25-2014, 06:09 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

DD here is your prize, I was going to give you the iced vovos but I know you aren't a fan of sweet stuff.

That's kangaroo -- really lean and tasty.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:10 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Hi Marchers.

just stopping by to say hello. You all are too smart and worldly wise for me!lol Maybe I will learn something, though!

Bim, I am sorry to hear your kittygirl is not feeling well. You are caring so well for her, and I remember how that kidney stuff is, keeps one hopping, and holding your breath at every off day they have. She is well loved.

Gilmer to you too, you are a wonderful daughter.

Old 10-25-2014, 06:11 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Thanks, Chic! I'm winding down toward bedtime now and assuming tomorrow will be a brighter day!

Oh, and Marcher--DD's probably been there and done that with the kangaroo filets!
Old 10-25-2014, 06:23 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Gilmer, you don't have a peanut allergy do you?