Notices

Class of March 2013 part 33

Old 11-10-2014, 05:29 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Sasssss, rigorous honesty is the way to go! I swear by not editing my posts because if I stop to edit, I'll likely change the content too. So thank you all for bearing with my typos and ramblings! So moving again already? Did an apartment open up at your place?

Budd, I'm sorry about your truck and your kitty. Boooo. Glad your truck is fixed and kitty on the mend. We have a "porch kitty" who lost one eye, now looks like she might lose sight in the other. Don't think it's fighting, but she keeps getting messed up eyes. She's a sweet little feral thing. We have too many "porch kitties!" They keep showing up from the neighborhood. There's a cat memo out there somewhere that they know we'll do our best to take care of them. We fix all the ones who come by. Apparently we are the only people in town who believe in fixing cats...

Marcher, how are you? I was just thinking about life the other day too. Life if you are looking in, hello girl! Come say hello. Thinking about ya.

So ever since my physical where my dr. Acted like I'm the healthiest 42 year old besides her on earth and called me adorable (that still makes me giggle a bit), I've been eating like a groundhog about to hibernate!! I gotta put a stop to this. The old wehav would have gotten angry and called myself out for self sabotage. Now I just see it for what it is: I get a bit gloomy and hungry in the fall. So I need to suck it up and work at my recovery: got on sr more, go to aa some, do more yoga and stop eating so dang much.

Just a year ago I was so scared of making it through the fall sober. Now I feel like the tools are there, so the anxiety is nonexistent. Cool! Now if it were all that simple, I say with a mouthful of brownie...

Oh I have some good news: a kid who was a day camper, then became a teen volunteer, is now a sr. In high school. He asked me to write his college recommendation! He said he feels like he grew up in my park and that I know him better than even his teachers. I about cried. And I about cried writing the letter. That young man is such a gift, I can't wait to see what he does with his life! I'm so glad I've been sober and present to have something to say on his behalf...

Have a good night/day, folks!
Old 11-10-2014, 06:23 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

i just rung up Life, we'll see if she's near a 'puter.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:51 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Yes, We! A spot opened up in the place where I'm on the wait list. That's a year or two earlier than expected. The folks ahead of me all decided they weren't ready yet. One contingency left - I have to pass a cognitive test later this week, wheeeeee! And my PCP has to fill out medical forms which they will review. If all goes well, I'll be moving in mid-January. I've decided there's no point stressing about it. If they say no (unlikely), then it just wasn't meant to be and I'll move on.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:25 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Cool, sassy! It won't fall through, we all know you are as sharp as a tack.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:35 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes Sas

D
Old 11-11-2014, 02:03 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Sass my sweet I hope it goes well.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:49 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi guys,

Sass Molly is fine, I have been taking her out for runs most days and have almost worked up to a daily 3k run. On the days I don't run ( apart from the occasional rest day) I try to do different exercises, and just go to the field and throw a frisbee or ball for Molly.

Vigorous honesty is the only way to go. If we lie to others we wrap ourselves in deceit and self-loathing, which makes us far more vulnerable to AV.

Marcher, can I have a little of your paradise it is dreich drear and dull here today!

We, I love that you don't edit, some of your earlier 'ramblings' were extremely thought provoking. How lovely to be able to continue to play a part in this lads life.

Budd, big smoochy kisses to Max ( I know it will annoy 'his Elegance' ) our car cost a fortune in the end, but still had to be done.

Well folks not much occurring here, ( not as much as ought, I am procrastinating dreadfully at the moment!) so ciao for now x
Old 11-11-2014, 03:09 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Sass, congratulations in advance! You are one of the most cognizant people I know!

Toots and Budd, I'm sorry you got gouged on your cars.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:46 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Thanks, folks! It's my sometimes failing memory that is the issue. It's still not great but better now that I've been sober for a little while!
Old 11-11-2014, 01:55 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers Toots Paradise isn't exactly "dreich drear and dull" this morning but it is a bit overcast. I was most entertained by the UK weather forecasts when we over there, if it wasn't going to rain the day was called "fine" and if it was going to be sunny it was deemed "bright". I don't think I heard "dreich drear and dull" but I saw a few of those days.

I've woken up dragging again, there is nothing wrong with me I think I just have to face up to the fact that it's the end of the year and I need a break.

Duff how is the little fellow going? And Ken please let us know how the lovely Max is.

Have a good day peeps.
Old 11-11-2014, 06:46 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Max seems to back to normal, yelled for food this morning then ignored me until I opened the door to let Jez in, then he rocketed out the door. Hope he realizes that with short claws and no teeth he shouldn't be getting into fights!
Old 11-12-2014, 12:00 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Max sounds like a typical feline ... unpredictable. Happy to hear he is doing better.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:40 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Marcher Dreich is a scottish word, seldom heard South of the border, but the perfect word to describe our gloomy grey skies.
I remember a southern weather man with a West Country accent who regularly reported the weather as being 'misty and murky' I hated the weather but loved how he said it!!

The car problems we had were really our fault, which makes taking the hit even harder to bear! Oh well sh!t happens right?

Happy Hump day y'all
Old 11-12-2014, 02:34 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

I think I was meant to live in Scotland (or Ireland). First, my obsession with all breeds scottish; I truly prefer driving on the left side of the road; and I love dreary, overcast weather. And here I live in Sunny Florida. Oh well. At least I have a scottie & a westie.

I always feel so at home whenever I visit the UK and Southern Ireland. Toots, I think your weather is pure paradise!!! And so much better for your skin...misty and murky (sigh)...

Anyway, I shouldn't complain it's going to be sunny and in the mid-70s all week - perfect tennis weather (have a match today).

Budd, I hope Max stays out of trouble today!
Old 11-12-2014, 02:37 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
Duff how is the little fellow going?
Thanks for asking, Marcher! He's doing great! They're working with him to teach him how to handle it when his heart rate accelerates and he's been able to continue to play his sports like always. Just something he's learning to live with.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:52 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Glad your boy is alright, duff!
Old 11-12-2014, 05:08 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Ugh I'm an Italian girl from sunny so cal, dreary weather makes me so down! But I loved living in Humboldt, go figure. Right now fall is messing with my head. All of a sudden my constant good mood started slipping away. Fall is also when I've relapsed, several times. I'm not freaked out like before, but aware. And spending a lot more time here. So forgive me if I've repeated myself in rambles.

Toots no need to blame yourselves on car, when you leave the country for 8 months other things come up. Hey your pipes didn't leak and destroy your carpet. You didn't leave the windows open, you didn't leave the oven on and the tea kettle didn't explode.

Have a good day, folks!
Have a good day everyone!
Old 11-12-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

We, it's good to see more of you here! Anticipating triggers and practicing prevention feels like the best way to go. I

doubt if I've figured out all of my triggers but do know that stress of any sustained kind is a big red flag. I love being sober and am trying to live mindfully - both because I feel better and I'm less likely to go for an escape. I think I'm finally starting to learn how to ask for help and support before I might go somewhere negative for me.

Duff, I'm glad to hear your little fellow is doing so well!

Marcher, sometimes I envy you - you seem calm, pulled together and wise. Too bad we live so far away - it would be so lovely to meet you :-)

Happy Hump Day, Marchers!
Old 11-12-2014, 08:14 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

good morning Marchers---doing ok--but yet not----gosh darn this is not easy---going to try and get my poop in a group. just glad I can come here and vent.
babs
Hi one day===how's it going?
Old 11-12-2014, 08:39 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

...and so it begins....

Big love to all Marchers! Apart from being buried in snow, all is good here.