Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 10

Old 10-24-2014, 07:24 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Book recommendation - If I Stay by Gayle Forman. It is going to be a movie too.

Think I am taking kiddos to the zoo today.

Apple saw that movie a few weeks ago.. VERY good movie. The actress in it is really good.

Everything is going pretty good over here. It was a pretty stressful week. NExt week we are on the phone and I know I will be stressing about Monday come Sunday night. ergh. Hope everyone is doing SWELL :P and glad u decided to stick around Max. Don't make me come after you again. Have a great weekend y'all !!
Old 10-24-2014, 07:42 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  
Administrator

Guys, please check with your Dr before starting any supplements. Even amino acids can interact with other meds, or may make some existing conditions worse.

What may have worked for someone else may not work or even be suitable for you.

D
Old 10-24-2014, 08:17 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Hey TeamA! Just checking in. Thursdays are crazy busy for me now, I need to change something because I was so exhausted Thursday night I just cried myself to sleep. Today I spent the day catching up on errands. All is good here right now - sober and hanging out with my daughter playing games on the computer.

Pink - hope you feel better!

Scooter - Congrats on 70 days - love your latest posts

Apple, TX, Max - Thanks for your posts - so proud of you for your honesty. Keep trying! We have all been there. Heck I have been trying to do this since 2010!!!

Rest of #TeamAugust - Hugs and love to all of you!

Old 10-24-2014, 09:33 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TXAlchy2 View Post
Alright, penkins. What is this stuff? I'll try it. Is it a powder? A liquid?
L Glutamine. The guys here on SR told me bout it. I tried the pills but got nada. The powder is what works. Put some under your tongue (no taste). Clumps a little. Upset my tummy a bit. But NO craving. Woohoo!!! Got from gnc but i bet vitamin shop has it too
Old 10-24-2014, 11:48 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Good morning Team A

I went to the pub last night after work with colleagues. No worries, just diet coke!

It is quite interesting to see how people lose inhibitions and are happy to talk about very personal things after drinking. I know I was one of those people, if I could remember anything!! So glad I don't have to worry about what I said to anyone.

Even better, anyone who said anything to me need not worry. Not drinking I don't feel the need to gossip and tell tales on others whilst in the pub. I just don't get involved. Again, alcohol does some strange things to us. I like having a clear conscience and just try my hardest to be honest nowadays.

Wow Glandon, your retreat sounds powerful. I am sure you will get a lot out of it.

Big book study meeting this morning. Last day of day of BST so I intend to make the most of central london today before it gets dark at 5pm from tomorrow. Maybe a wander around the shops and lots of coffee!!

Have a great sober Saturday everyone.
Old 10-25-2014, 04:47 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Morning all.

I've got a full day of stuff planned, so shouldn't have much time if any to listen to the AV even if it hits. Feeling good this time around. Kinda different. It's like instead of hoping I can get sober, I have hope that I can be sober...sounds different in my head anyway.

In any event, hope you all have a good day.
Old 10-25-2014, 05:52 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Hello team. Good to be here. Glandon, enjoy your retreat.
Cute glad work is going ok. You will do just fine.
Thanks team for your encouragementband support, always
Im heading out to walk Dingo, then make some breakfest.
Have a good day team A.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:07 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Good morning kids! Getting ready for big party with 4 year olds and parents. Just put beer in cooler and fridge. I admit, looked darn tempting for a second! I am good, played the tape.

Will be some serious ghost saves today though!

Eye on the prize. Thinking of tomorrow morning and also of who I really want to be long term.

No relapse, no surrender.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:12 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. Have a blessed day!! I'll be watching lots of football today and eating junk food.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:57 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Good morning!

Off to work at the pub
Old 10-25-2014, 07:26 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Good morning,

Choobie, I need to try more things! I think I will check out the local community college and tech high school to see if they are offering anything. My local library is great. They have different clubs meet weekly - like cribbage, painting, etc.

Cute, one of the best things about being retired is the Sunday Night Stress is gone! I don't think I know one working person who does not deal with that. One of my sisters is an elementary school principal, and she says hers starts around noon on Sunday now.

The potluck supper was fun last night, but I ate way, way too much. My development is basically two neighborhoods of 24 houses on curvy roads with cul de sacs jutting out. The two main roads are off a side road off a main road, and end at a road along the beach. Only two families from my neighborhood were not there. It was good to see some that I have not seen since summer, including a young couple with a one-month old....I was so happy I had sent a gift card in a Congratulations card as soon as I heard the baby was born.....that is the kind of thing I sometimes forgot to do when I was drinking, then would pretend I hadn't heard about whatever the life event was.

This neighbor Debbie has been here about ten years. Her wife Mary was here with a husband and two kids just for the summer for years, but when the kids got older they divorced, and she got this house and married Debbie. Mary is now suffering with early Alzheimers, and Debbie always seems stressed and worried about a number of things.

Debbie did mention the strange truck, and she asked how many neighbors were going to give out treats for Halloween, and what time, but other than that, she was fine. My fear of a Neighborhood Watch was unfounded. I think Debbie had the party just for a change in routine. Debbie works full time, and Mary is now home and has a few care-takers as she can no longer be left alone.

The funniest thing - - to me - - is that I have been personally fretting that nobody, not one person, has commented that I am down two pant sizes, and I think my face has lost most of its bloated look. Poor Mary, with Alzheimers', studied me intently, then said, "You look great!"

I went to an early morning water aerobics class at the Y. I am going shopping this afternoon, then going to dinner and the movies with my friend Bob, who hopefully won't sleep through the movie!

Have a good, safe, happy sober Saturday everyone!
Old 10-25-2014, 09:14 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Scooter your neighborhood sounds wonderful! How I wish I could live by the ocean. Lucky you.
Glad the potluck went good. 2 pants sizes down? Wow, that's great. Hard to believe nobody noticed that, I know what your're saying there. Be happy with your success though. You've earned it!
Nothing to do today but chores. Hoping to see the grandkids sometime this weekend. We have 4 ,ages 11, 8, 5,and 2. Sweet kids, love them a lot!
Determnd, good for you! You will stay strong.
Christn, enjoy the games. I'm not a big football fan myself.
Bbfly, hope your work day speeds by.
Catch up more later class.
Old 10-25-2014, 12:39 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScooterBoo View Post
Good morning,

Choobie, I need to try more things! I think I will check out the local community college and tech high school to see if they are offering anything. My local library is great. They have different clubs meet weekly - like cribbage, painting, etc.

Cute, one of the best things about being retired is the Sunday Night Stress is gone! I don't think I know one working person who does not deal with that. One of my sisters is an elementary school principal, and she says hers starts around noon on Sunday now.

The potluck supper was fun last night, but I ate way, way too much. My development is basically two neighborhoods of 24 houses on curvy roads with cul de sacs jutting out. The two main roads are off a side road off a main road, and end at a road along the beach. Only two families from my neighborhood were not there. It was good to see some that I have not seen since summer, including a young couple with a one-month old....I was so happy I had sent a gift card in a Congratulations card as soon as I heard the baby was born.....that is the kind of thing I sometimes forgot to do when I was drinking, then would pretend I hadn't heard about whatever the life event was.

This neighbor Debbie has been here about ten years. Her wife Mary was here with a husband and two kids just for the summer for years, but when the kids got older they divorced, and she got this house and married Debbie. Mary is now suffering with early Alzheimers, and Debbie always seems stressed and worried about a number of things.

Debbie did mention the strange truck, and she asked how many neighbors were going to give out treats for Halloween, and what time, but other than that, she was fine. My fear of a Neighborhood Watch was unfounded. I think Debbie had the party just for a change in routine. Debbie works full time, and Mary is now home and has a few care-takers as she can no longer be left alone.

The funniest thing - - to me - - is that I have been personally fretting that nobody, not one person, has commented that I am down two pant sizes, and I think my face has lost most of its bloated look. Poor Mary, with Alzheimers', studied me intently, then said, "You look great!"

I went to an early morning water aerobics class at the Y. I am going shopping this afternoon, then going to dinner and the movies with my friend Bob, who hopefully won't sleep through the movie!

Have a good, safe, happy sober Saturday everyone!
Two pant sizes down woo-hoo!!! Great job Scooter !! One of the many many benefits of not drinking!!!! Way to go !!!
Old 10-25-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

You guys are ghost saving me right now!! Thank you!
Old 10-25-2014, 01:10 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Doing great, determined! Terrific work at a kids party!
Old 10-25-2014, 01:11 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Thank you choobie!! Tough I ain't gonna lie!! I got this though, thank all!
Old 10-25-2014, 01:33 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Hang in there, determined. You don't want to be where I've been.
Old 10-25-2014, 01:57 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by determined99 View Post
Thank you choobie!! Tough I ain't gonna lie!! I got this though, thank all!
This is never easy! What a great job!
Old 10-25-2014, 02:09 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Max, I try to be a good neighbor and do news, weather, sports and recipes and sometimes tourists! Lately with all the craziness in the news, I haven't mentioned that much, either. I make it a point to not talk about (or listen to stories about ) other neighbors unless it is to spread good news. My parents always drilled things like that into our heads.

We have had our share of problems in the neighborhood though. There were some drug-taking, wife-swapping parties years ago; all four couples involved either divorced and/or moved away. There is one man tthree houses down and across the street that is NUTS; he accused one neighbor of being a peeping Tom, he said another was after his wife. He once came screaming in my face, in my driveway in a rage and phoned the police on me and said I had stolen his mums from his porch. Lucky for me I was dressed in a business suit and completely sober when the police pulled up. My heart was pounding, my hands shaking, but I produced my credit card receipt, then told the two officers exactly what I thought of the man. They went over to talk to him, then came back, rang my doorbell and told me the man would like to come over to apologize. I told them to please tell the man the only thing I would like from him is DISTANCE. That was seven years ago, and I still totally ignore the creep. He is not a direct neighbor, but I will dance a jig if he ever moves away. He and his wife are rarely outside and never attend any neighborhood gatherings.
Old 10-25-2014, 02:51 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Hi All!

Beautiful day here. At my parents with the kids. Several Halloween parties, an eight mile run on a paved surface that I'm regretting, and playing football with my son.

I told my wife I was going to drop a quarter into a glass on the 25th of each month to remind myself of where I was- and where I've come. She looked at the small glass in my hand and said, "you're going to need a bigger glass!" Love her support and confidence.

So now I'll be using a mason jar, which many years from now will be overflowing with quarters and sober blessings and memories.