Notices

Class of October 2013 - Part 13

Old 10-27-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

I agree with you, Whodey. Drinking is feeling more and more like a thing I did in my past. I don't have the dread feeling of upcoming events.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:32 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Hey everybody,
Good read Whodey ! Favorite Halloween candy- definitely pumpkin "cremes".
Been working past 8 days taking whatever I can find to catch us up to "being behind". Applying where I can for jobs. Too tired to gripe. I am glad y'all are doing good. Beautiful leaves right now. Tomorrow I'm going to drive around to look at them.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:43 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

A beautiful day in my corner of paradise as well, JL. This afternoon I'll be looking at the colorful leaves from the working end of a rake and mower! Or I could decide to put the yard work on hold and hope the leaves blow into the neighbors' yards.

Nothing much else to share. Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-27-2014, 10:22 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

A couple of falls ago, I traveled up north with my friend who grew up in Florida and had never been out of the state in the fall and the winter. She was so impressed and in love with the autumn leaves, she asked me if it would be alright for her to take some home with her. I told her that I imagine people would provide her with Hefty bags to take back as many as she wanted to take. LOL I grew up in PA and the fall season is definitely when I miss PA the most.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:31 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Pun of the Day:
Why are meteorologists always nervous? Their future is always up in the air.
That's all I've got.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:29 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Love it!

Fall is a beautiful time of the year here in KC too!

GO ROYALS!!
Old 10-28-2014, 01:46 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Yes, go Royals!
Old 10-28-2014, 09:50 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Jeff, what are pumpkin cremes?

Autumn is my favorite season. The colors, the vegetables (squash, yum!), the changing leaves, the temperature...all perfect. I suppose I'd like it a little less if I had a yard to clean up.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:39 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

LS - they are like candy corns but in the shape of pumpkins. So good!
Old 10-29-2014, 04:30 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Man I'm struggling ! Gotta get something going. Getting that crazy trapped feeling for some reason. I guess I'm glad that I'm not a person who doesn't care about anything, but dang ! Enough! I'm missing the fall colors. O well, back on the truck til about 9:30 tonight.
Praying for a job with benefits !
Old 10-29-2014, 09:16 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Ah, now I know what they are. Thanks! This is the first year I haven't found candy corn disgusting. No idea why.

Jeff, even if the job sucks, better to be making a little money than no money, right? Sending you good energy for a better one
Old 10-29-2014, 01:42 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Jeff, I am a big believer in the fact that we attract more of the energy that we put out into the universe. So when you are feeling low, as hard as it is, put gratitude energy out there. Ever since I started saying, "Thank you for the gift of this wonderful day," every morning and any time that I feel anxiety, my life has gone more smoothly than ever. I can honestly say that I have not had a "bad" day since I started this habit.

Today is my 20th wedding anniversary. About a month ago, I honestly communicated
areas that I thought my marriage could use some work and my husband has been an absolute gem about taking them to heart. I feel extremely lucky and in love today.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:56 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry things are still rough Jeff...feeling trapped is fear at work....try and remember you're doing everything right right now...& you'd be way more trapped drinking...

hope they're better for you tomorrow

Happy anniversary DD

D
Old 10-30-2014, 07:34 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

hugs Jeff!

DD - Happy anniversary!
Old 10-30-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Cindy ... Sorry about the Royals loss. Even though the outcome wasn't what you may have dreamed, I hope you enjoyed the ride this season.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:45 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

JL ... I'm sorry that things are rough and that you are struggling. The fall colors are still there, however, so do take a moment here and there to take in the beauty.

Something I haven't shared with all of you is that the minister of our congregation was recently diagnosed with an inoperable aggressive brain tumor. No one can say for certain, but it doesn't appear that he has much time left. Needless to say, this has been a shock for him, his family, and the congregation. In the blink of an eye the trajectory of an individual and a family was tragically altered.

I mention this as a reminder to all that time is short. Those of us who drank ourselves to the brink know full well that life is a gift. Take the time to take in the fall colors and appreciate the myriad little things that make life special.

Carry on Tobers.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:51 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

DD, I'm a day late so happy anniversary plus one day! Twenty years, that's amazing. It's wonderful that your hubby is willing to work on things.

The other day some of my friends and I had a conversation about being sober. I'm pretty sure one of them is sober but maybe isn't comfortable talking about it. Anyway, she mentioned that someone I don't know got sober and then broke up with her significant other, and she said that it seems common to break up in the first year when one person of a couple gets sober. It definitely changes a lot of things. I'm so lucky that my hubby decided he doesn't want to drink much either. I believe that's how I made it out of the first year. I'm so grateful he's still with me after all I put him through.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:42 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Whodey, I am truly sorry to hear your sad news. We have a client at my work who was diagnosed with brain cancer three years ago and was only given 3-9 months to live at that time. Where there is life, there is hope!

LS, I feel really grateful, too, that my spouse has all but given up drinking. I realize now what a "bad influence" I was on him. Had he gotten completely sober, back when I was still a drinker in denial, I think that would have had a major effect on our marriage, unfortunately.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

WhoDey - to make it to Game 7 of the World Series was a win in itself. So proud of our team! They played hard and that's all we can ask of them!

I am so sorry to hear about your minister. Thank you for sharing. I need to be reminded to slow down and enjoy things. I definitely have a greater sense of life these days and appreciate it as such. ((hugs)) to you, friend.

Jeff - hanging in there?

DD & LS - I think my getting sober definitely hastened the end of my marriage. I knew when I quit that my husband would have a problem with it. He liked "fun Cindy" and that was basically our only common ground in the end. Once I made the decision to stop wasting my life away he became jealous and scared of being left behind. Instead of supporting me to becoming a better person he pushed me away and made me feel guilty about it. He isn't a bad guy. Just insecure. I am so happy these days that I wonder what the hell took me so long to make the decision to quit drinking and take my life back.

Good to see the posts picking up! Missed you guys!
Old 10-30-2014, 04:21 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

All,

Sorry to have been AWOL. Lots of work . . . and then a trip to Bean-town for the last four days. And narry a bean to be seen!

As far as the World Series goes, I spent lunch yesterday with my best man (first time I'd seen him in 25 years). He'd lived in both SF and KC, and was looking forward to the game. I don't know, yet, how he felt about the outcome! I, on the other hand, am very happy!