Notices

June 2010 Sobriety Group Pt 3

Old 10-08-2010, 05:04 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

I have had a horrible week. I was not as strong as you all. I hope I can get there.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:11 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  
Administrator

It took me 20 years to learn it TJ but drinking only makes a horrible week worse.

It solves nothing, we learn nothing, we go nowhere, and we beat ourselves up all the way through it and afterward.

There's got to be better choices right?

Wipe the slate clean
D
Old 10-08-2010, 08:21 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Just proves how powerful this darn liquid really is TJ. Every slip is a learning opportunity, and I am sure you learned something. Keep trying. You set a record for sober time. I hope you can keep building on it.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:23 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Very cool that your back Laura! Day 1! All Good! You'll get there if I have to carry you myself! LOL.

Anyway yesterday was ridiculous, no I didn't drink but it took a really strong will. Glad it's over. Hopefully today will be better for all of us!
Old 10-08-2010, 10:34 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Almost forgot.. Day 46
Old 10-08-2010, 12:37 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Thankfully it is a warm, sunny Friday. And I only have 3 more hours of work.

Day 98 for me.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:22 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

This was another hard day for me. I fought with idiot ex. He won't just offer to hang out with his child. I mean I need a BREAK! I have zero me time. He on the other hand goes to bed when he wants gets up when he wants. His workload is small right now. I on the other hand am like a slave to my child's needs from 7am to 8pm. I even make dinner for the jerk. I do everything! I woke him up at 11am to ask if he could please watch her for a while today because I am PMSing and am exhausted and need a break!!!!!!!!!!! He was like well ok but I have to go to bank, which he walks to. so I said well take her with you I am sure she would love that. Of course the guy can't take her out in public, never has. I hate him! I ended up throwing a fit and closing off my side of house.

I just got back from store, and it took everything and I mean everything to not grab a bottle of either vodka or wine! I walked very fast!!! I am not giving him my sobriety!!

Anyway I am sorry but as you can tell I am very high strung right now. I don't have the energy to check grammar or spelling so forgive me.

Had to get that out. I will not drink, not even a doubt about it. But just know that I WANT to. Anyway.. have a great night all, excuse me.

Day 46
Old 10-08-2010, 05:32 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Ugh, sorry for the stress Beth....

I actually had a much, much better day today. I'm still worried about some things in my life (mostly financial) but I'm not going to solve everything in one day. So I have decided to just enjoy the night with my kids.

We made spaghetti tacos (YUM!) and are going to watch a movie together. I have been enjoying lots of snuggle time with my dog.

Was hungover until about 11:00 and then felt okay. I will sleep well tonight.... I'm very grateful to be sober today and grateful for the support I get here.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:34 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  
Administrator

you're doing great Beth - keep it up!

D
Old 10-08-2010, 05:58 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  
HFA

hang in there Alexvt, I can only imagine the stress you are going thru. But dont let it rob you of your sobriety. I get stress when I deal with my X, I help take care of the house and lawn (cuz I co own it) but I counldnt imagine living there. Im pulling for you...

Day 103
Old 10-08-2010, 06:21 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Thank you all for caring enough to post. Made my day. It took a lot of my stress away immediately. So grateful.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:51 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

(( HUGS )) Beth. Take deep breaths. I know you can get through this without drinking.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:05 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Hey Beth - Are you ok? You usually check in here by now.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:17 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Hey all! Ha! I just woke up! It is 2pm here! Yesterday I emailed my X that I would be dropping Alex off (lol) to living room, at 8 am sharp and he would be watching her until 7pm tonight. He never answered my email. I wrote everything she eats and does for him. All of this and he lives in the same house. So sad. In life we do what we have to sometimes.

So I did exactly that came in here and when back to seep. I actually had to force myself up, I really must have been exhausted. I would of slept all day if I had tomorrow also. Oh well am grateful for the day.

I have to clean next, my side of house is a disaster. Trying to drink coffee for energy.

Thanks Lyddie, I didn't drink last night nor will I today!

Have a great day all!

DAY 47
Old 10-09-2010, 02:30 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Glad you are doing well, Beth!! And so great you got that much needed sleep!

I am doing okay. On a bit of a cleaning spaz right now. My house is a DISASTER. When I get a mood like this, watch out. My dog is scared of me when I start cleaning - LOL!

Other than that have been doing errands. Shopping for kids clothes, shopping for Cub Scouts gear, etc. I did manage to get in an awesome yoga class this morning which I will try to share with you when I have time. It was inspiring!

My new motto is "Alcohol is not an option." It really isn't.

I'll check in later when things are a little calmer here.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:23 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Thanks TJ! Glad your having a positive day today.

I am thankful for all of you!
Old 10-09-2010, 03:59 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Off to the movies with my daughter. She and I have not been getting along well today. She's a bit moody and she thinks I'm too tough on her because I want to her clean her room and keep her things tidy... ahhh.... take a deep breath. Maybe the movie tonight with her will help smooth things over.

I have been feeling very calm but a bit sad about everything. I have come to an acceptance of the fact that alcohol is out for me. It leave me sad in many ways "the party is over" and yet relieved in other ways "the battle is over." Does that make sense? And I never have to have another hangover / middle of the night anxiety attack / withdrawals again. That part is the relief.

About my yoga class this morning -- it was so uplifting. He (the teacher) talked about the holiday in India called ???? which is going on right now (sorry, I don't remember the name) and how it's a perfect time to "let go of things that don't serve you" and he even mentioned letting go of habits which don't serve you. "Now is the perfect time for that" he said.

I was kind of like WOW when he said this, it just kind of hit me out of the blue mid-class and it was awesome. He also talked about the warrier goddess (forget her name, but she's the one with knives in her hands) and how she slashes (compassionately) all that is wrong and evil and does not serve her. I'm not doing this justice, but today I used my inner goddess to slash and trash everything that was bothering me and didn't serve me. A messy closet, the way my au pair puts the groceries in all the wrong places (I moved them around the way I like them), putting away old coats and raincoats that the kids have outgrown for donation, cleaning out the shoe basket, getting the toys out of the living room, etc. I couldn't believe how this yoga class affected me this morning. But it was all good positive energy.

Well, must run now. Have a good night all!
Old 10-09-2010, 04:01 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  
Administrator

It makes perfect sense to me TJ.
Have a good night

D
Old 10-10-2010, 07:06 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee!!!

Good morning! It's Sunday and I have a busy day ahead. Just wanted to check in and say hello. I hope you are all doing well.

Nothing much to report today. Saw a movie last night with my daughter which was fun. Maybe taking the kids to the pumpkin patch today.

I'm glad to be feeling well this morning and grateful to be sober and clear headed.

Have a nice day everyone!
Old 10-10-2010, 07:57 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday morning. I was so grateful this morning when I woke up and realized that it was Sunday and not Monday. One more day that is all mine to do what I please when I wish.

Beth - glad you got some well deserved sleep. I was a bit worried when you didn't check in Saturday am.

Laura - May the Indian warrier goddess protect you and guide you on your chosen path. That was a really neat story about what you learned in your yoga class yesterday. I love those moments of epiphany.

Day 100. *****!!!