Goodbye Ranch.

Old 05-29-2015, 09:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Continued prayers for your son! I'm glad he seems to be actively working toward improving things for himself now
Old 05-30-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it is positive when they spend more time seeking recovery than figuring out how to avoid it. Lots of good thoughts and prayers! Hang tight, mama - you are doing a great job of letting him find his own way!
Old 05-30-2015, 04:02 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. The thing is, he is SO charismatic when he is sober and people seem to want to bend over backwards to help him. I pray that he doesn't take advantage of others for his benefit, and he truly finds his place in the real world. He will be SO successful if he embraces recovery. He is happy and found some good people to hang with this weekend that are in recovery. Hoping he gets into the program on Monday. He got an intake interview for the rescue mission on Monday and he is on a wait list for another program in SD but that is two weeks minimum. the Rescue mission is a 12 month program which is very similar to the Sally.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Glad to read these posts. JJ sounds as if he is getting what he needs and that he is doing what he needs to do...and sending positive wishes for him to continue this way...sounds as if the PO gives him what he needs to keep going. You are one strong momma and very glad to hear you being this strong as it takes what it takes.