Hi - it's been a bit

Old 05-28-2015, 11:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi - it's been a bit

I never thought my daughter would give up trying to get clean and take care of herself.
Think the meth killed too many brain cells.
I did what everyone said not to and more so I made things worse- I paid for their utilities so they wouldn't get shut off, I got their car out when it was impounded, I sent food and anything else I had that I wasn't using and wasn't nailed down- trying to give her A Chance.
Her and her boyfriend keep doing stupid things and doing stupid drugs.
She once told me she feels like this is the end of the line for her. I'm beginning to believe it.
Old 05-28-2015, 01:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sometimes the end of the line is a beginning.

I've come to the conclusion that nothing I did made it better or worse.
I just did what I could live with at the time. I can live with a lot more now.
Most of the time it's just guess work and lots of praying.

I hope and pray your daughter finds her way out.
Old 05-28-2015, 01:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dear Muunray, I have also done these things. My son took FULL advantage of my weakness. You must detach in order to survive this life. Your daughter will decide when enough is enough. If she is more uncomfortable because of the choices she is making, then the bottom is at least not being sheltered from her.
keep reading and keep sharing.
I pray you find peace no matter what your daughter does. It is extremely hard I know.
Old 05-30-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

We do what we can live with...I totally agree. I hope that you can find a way to live in peace despite her choices. I really hope she gets tired of it soon. Meth addiction is painful to watch.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Morning Glory View Post

Sometimes the end of the line is a beginning.
So true, the bottom can be so painful for the one hitting bottom and also for the close family members and friends who have to watch from the sidelines.

The good news is that -- for some these bottoms don't kill them and gives them the (true desire) to get and stay clean and sober.

Not all need to hit the big bottom, for some will sober up way earlier.
Although, for me it was one hell of a bottom. For me it was a good thing. For now I know what God has saved me from.

MM
Old 05-31-2015, 07:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Like what those above have said...as the survivor 'mom' of a daughter who did crystal meth and who is now living a functional life and supporting two twin daughters, finished college, etc...did all the things you describe and ultimately, she found her way out...it took a long time. As the mother of a daughter who has been using heroin for 5 years, yesterday she told us that she is on methadone treatment and is working to stay away from the boyfriend who got her hooked (a dealer/user from way before he met her)...which although small steps are so much more than even 1 month ago and the previous 5 years were awful...she lived on the streets of SF, panhandled...a lot more...that goes with the lifestyle. I can only share the steps, because ultimately it is her path to walk...learning with the previous daughter not to allow the manipulation, giving money, other things in me and husband (who had to find his own place in this as well)...but am grateful for what have mentioned.