Administrator

I'm around too Chardis

D
Old 11-30-2015, 07:23 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks opi and dee.
Old 11-30-2015, 07:31 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

what Ann says is so true.. hold tight kiddo you can do this I know it.. why cause I made it. thro Hell Black Water and terrible nights.. blog. get a book and write . have my hubby doing that he has 4 of them full now .. and on to number 5.. it helps to empty his mind and soul and give him balance and reduce the stress on the house.. love and so many prayers ardy

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I completely understand how recovery becomes overwhelming at times and it's okay to just relax a little. And, like you I was my own worst enemy and constantly attacked myself. Have faith that you will be able to break this habit. I found a Gratitude Journal helped immensely. At first it was hard to find a few things to be grateful for each day, but before long you find yourself looking for good things to be able to put in the journal. I also found that I had to break up the day in small chunks at first because if I promised myself I would make only kind comments to me all day, I would fail. Try taking an hour at a time to start and if negative thoughts pop up in your mind, just let them go and get back to thinking of something positive.

If people in your life are attacking you, well, the answer is simple, though not always easy. I had to get rid of a few people in my life who were toxic to me. Make sure you surround yourself with people you love and who love you.
Old 11-30-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bekindalways View Post
Chardis, I'm a chronic depressive and was reading way too much news (99% bad). This didn't help my condition so I went looking for good news. I found you all. Now you are part of the good news I read everyday. That you just show up helps me. I try to show up for my life whatever it is everyday.
I've also found that in the past, I was way more tuned into the news than I should have been. The negativity in the news had a major impact on my general outlook. I often find myself on "news fasts" and have found that by avoiding the news - and things I don't have any control over, I'm a much happier person.
Old 11-30-2015, 09:53 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm here too Chardis!

Old 11-30-2015, 01:21 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

thanks guys!

mounds of paperwork,
will be reading literature too.
Old 12-01-2015, 12:06 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 12-01-2015, 09:03 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Chardis hope you are staying sober. I give myself extra points (Just my way of thinking) on bad days.

I'm having something of a bad day myself. It is a super cold day. I tried to snowblow the drive but a sheer pin broke in the snowblower. I'm getting irritated with my elderly parents who I care for; they are actually amazing for their age and I get frustrated with myself for being impatient.

In the spirit of changing what I can, I'm off to eat a carrot, drink some water and clean the bathroom screen. (Okay . . . so my actions are not exactly heroic but I'm doing what I can!). It helps so much to have you all doing what you can!
Old 12-01-2015, 02:03 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Hi chardis,

Soberwolf frequently posts interesting an appropriate news articles in the 'news' section of SR. After reading a recent article, I came across the link below about trauma and step 4 - and thought of you.

A Trauma-Informed Interpretation of AA's Step Four

While I have not undertaken the 12 steps, I have experienced trauma and have worked through various stages at various times with the help of therapists and psychiatrists.

Please go easy with yourself and continue to seek support wherever it is available...especially with your SR friends.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:23 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Big hug chard is
Old 12-02-2015, 05:05 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone.

I feel like giving up.

I've got no perspective on my relationship.

I'm insane.

What is love anyway between two people who are soulmates.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Verte View Post
Hi chardis,

Soberwolf frequently posts interesting an appropriate news articles in the 'news' section of SR. After reading a recent article, I came across the link below about trauma and step 4 - and thought of you.

A Trauma-Informed Interpretation of AA's Step Four

While I have not undertaken the 12 steps, I have experienced trauma and have worked through various stages at various times with the help of therapists and psychiatrists.

Please go easy with yourself and continue to seek support wherever it is available...especially with your SR friends.
Hug hug. Hug hug hug hug hug hug
Old 12-02-2015, 05:54 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Im so sorry.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:23 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

What is causing you to feel sorry? Feel free to share, but no pressure.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:42 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

What's going on chardis?

D
Old 12-02-2015, 07:51 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

chardis, you have nothing to be sorry for. When you're ready, please know there are lots of people in your corner.

You don't have to go through this alone.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:52 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chardis View Post
What is love anyway between two people who are soulmates?
Million dollar question: "What is love?"

Six million dollar question: What is soul-mate love?"

Trying to correctly answer those two questions I think is maybe a lifelong journey for all of us.

So, in thinking about the soul and the way the soul "mates".... may help a little in finding an answer. And, there could be more than one answer.

People have been philosophizing about love and its various aspects for so long....and yet, each person I think has a unique concept of what they feel love is.

I think we form "soul--mate" types of relationships not on purpose and I also think it cannot be denied, once one knows it is of a 'truth'. People TRY to deny it; Lord knows I sure have. But, here's another thought:

Perhaps it is that a soul-mate type of relationship doesn't go away...Why? Perhaps because the soul is eternal.

I don't really know...

.........there is a lot we don't even know about the soul because we cannot see it with our eyes, touch is with our finger, listen to it with our ears.

Some say the greatest passion is silence....and you can hear things in stillness.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:07 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

thanks.

Old 12-03-2015, 01:14 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

When you feel ready to tell us what's wrong, we'll be here Chardis

D
Old 12-03-2015, 07:29 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Do your best

Chardis