Notices

RT's Life

Old 05-09-2017, 05:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

RT's Life

Hello SR friends,

I can't believe how long its been since I've posted here. I figured it would be worth it to check in with everyone. This summer will mark two years clean for me, and it's been a long and bumpy road so far.

I'm doing well recovery wise. My biggest thing has been remaining humble. I know I have the ability to screw my life up in about five seconds if I want to. I want addiction to characterize my past rather than my future. With that being said, I'm beginning an internship at an outpatient treatment facility tomorrow, so the recovery world will be close by regardless.

The one area of my life that hasn't improved much since quitting is my mental health. I was diagnosed with bipolar II about a month ago, and fighting that monster has become my primary battle. I do know that getting high would just be pouring gasoline on the fire though.

With that being said, I'm still here and I'm still moving forward. Things aren't perfect, but things could be way worse. Hope everyone's been doing well.
Old 05-09-2017, 09:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi RT-
I don't know much about bipolar but I'm a firm believer in sobriety allowing us to address our underlying issues. Sounds like you're making good progress. Keep it up!
Old 05-10-2017, 04:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad to see you back around RT. Thats a challenging diagnosis for sure, but many of our members share your diagnosis and live full and happy lives - of course you know there's no reason why you can't too

D
Old 06-05-2017, 09:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

I'm so proud of you, RT! I haven't been on here in so long and was delighted to see this post from you. I'm sorry to hear you are still having mental heath struggles. I sure do send the best wishes for finding something that works for you. Keep trying. You've done so well with quitting weed.

I quit... um... three years ago? I honestly don't even know now, it's no longer something that occupies my brain space. I have the most adorable little toddler who gives me no time to think.

Take care of yourself!!!!
Old 06-05-2017, 09:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

really glad to hear from you too WB!
Glad things are going well

D