Notices

Bye bye 420

Old 05-01-2017, 03:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bye bye 420

hello all..Its day 2 that I quit smoking weed I've been smoking everry day for 30 years yes 30 years I did also have a coke problem which I stoped Jan 13 2017 relapse march 3 2017 then stoped it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be I haven't been taking coke as long as I've been on canabis and the coke was a weekend thing never during the work week but my problem is weed I don't even know how I am without it after 30 years of everyday use. Day 1 of weed free I kept crying I had to drink to fall asleep which is not the best idea... but bottle is finished and I won't buy more it's early to say as I'm only on day 2 but I needed support how to stop it for good so I came here cause we are all going through the same thing and I wanna smoke so bad but I'm out and I won't dare buy any but that's why I'm here it's the only thing that's making me feel better is reading and the support .I have so much to say but I'll leave room for others I'll come back write more on how I'm doing I'm new here I hope you all are hanging in there .....
Old 05-01-2017, 03:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Robyn
I quit after 30 years too and although it wasn't easy it wasn't as hard as my struggle to give up alcohol was. The physical and emotional withdrawal effects lasted around 2-3 weeks for me.

The problem with weed for me as it was easy for me to rationalise it wasn't as bad as other things I could be doing...but it absolutely was as bad, just in different ways.

You'll find a ton of support here - glad to have you with us

D
Old 05-01-2017, 05:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome, support to you. Keep posting.
Old 05-01-2017, 07:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ty Dee74

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi and welcome Robyn
I quit after 30 years too and although it wasn't easy it wasn't as hard as my struggle to give up alcohol was. The physical and emotional withdrawal effects lasted around 2-3 weeks for me.

The problem with weed for me as it was easy for me to rationalise it wasn't as bad as other things I could be doing...but it absolutely was as bad, just in different ways.

You'll find a ton of support here - glad to have you with us

D
I don't even know if I'm typing in right place I'm shaky today ... yesterday was my first day canabis free and at 2am I was still tossing and turning that's why I drank I'm not happy with myself but I was so irratated but now I have no more booze ....it's the weed ....I'd smoke 7 grams every 2 days maybe 3 days I'd be going through 28 grams in like 7 to 9 days it was to much that's an ounce it wasn't always like that... just the last 5 yrs before that I was at 7 grams a week ..then I got out of hand I was toking way to much I'd get home from work I'd start till I went to bed .....2 yrs ago when I quit coke the first time I also quit weed I didn't know which withdrawal I was going through ,now I'm coke free that was really emotional bad cravings I still had weed now I'm quitting weed now I know it was the weed that made my head hurt I couldn't sleep yet I'd be so tired cranky a friend gave me a thc vapor pen that made me start again and now 2 yrs later here I am again trying to quit but this time my mind is made up and now I'll do it when I feel like smoking I'll come here you people are great and you guys don't know it but you people are helping me more then I can do this on my own ty dee for answering your the best👍
Old 05-01-2017, 08:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Robyn!
SR is a wonderful site. It has helped me so much. First with an alcohol addiction and then pot.
'They' say marijuana is not addictive, but that just isn't so.
It's gonna be rough for a while and it's just something you have to go through. Withdrawal can't be medicated away.
Check out the stickies. There is some great info to help you out.
My advice to you is to just take the best care of yourself that you can.
Eat healthy food, drink lots of water and exercise. Sweaty exercise will eliminate the cannabinoids from your system.
Set up a regular bedtime routine. For me, Sleepytime Extra tea and melatonin helped. I also take a magnesium supplement as magnesium is benefitial to sleep.
And post here a lot! I'm here every day and I want to hear about your journey.
Stay strong. You can do this.
Old 05-01-2017, 12:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ty again

Originally Posted by lynnmarie123 View Post
Welcome Robyn!
SR is a wonderful site. It has helped me so much. First with an alcohol addiction and then pot.
'They' say marijuana is not addictive, but that just isn't so.
It's gonna be rough for a while and it's just something you have to go through. Withdrawal can't be medicated away.
Check out the stickies. There is some great info to help you out.
My advice to you is to just take the best care of yourself that you can.
Eat healthy food, drink lots of water and exercise. Sweaty exercise will eliminate the cannabinoids from your system.
Set up a regular bedtime routine. For me, Sleepytime Extra tea and melatonin helped. I also take a magnesium supplement as magnesium is benefitial to sleep.
And post here a lot! I'm here every day and I want to hear about your journey.
Stay strong. You can do this.
I will do that I know it's gonna be a long journey I'm glad I found this place I keep coming back often just makes me feel better knowing it can be done I will indeed post daily on how it's all going and when I get a craving oh feel under the weather instead of calling the dealer I'll come here I really gotta put an end to it.. for now it's just cravings and sleeplessness if I'm saying that right and please let me know how your doing I'm so very proud of you all just makes me stronger you are all the best👍👍👍
Old 05-02-2017, 04:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Still doing it

Hi all it's Robyn, I'm on day 3 now still not smoking my 420... Last night again sleepless night, but I didn't drink this time yay. I heard that id be dreaming again vivid dreams but omg I'd wake up every hour dream after dream I've never dreamed so much multipul dreams it's like I'd never fall asleep in peace ...now today at work I was so tired maybe cause I was dreaming so much my brain is so tired ...I didn't feel hungry...that's a change lol it's hard today I'm so tired my head hurts and I feel sick, but I took a bath and ate .felt better...When I stopped coke I didn't feel this bad but the depression was there ...ok let me be honest here ....it was coke but I'd cook it so I hate to say it but I'd smoke crack ok I said it but I'm here and you are all not here to judge me ...that's why I'm glad I am a member here ...ya now that's not all I wish I had you people 15 years ago when I was drinking omg that was bad for me it put me in the hospital with dt delirium tremens oh ya I was bad it's hard to admit it as I was always judged ..started out lost of a love one so I'd drink to ease the pain then got bad I needed a drink cause I'd have the shakes... I stoped 15 years ago when I went to the hospital for that then I started again socially but you know what that's no good for me ....the 1st night I was weed free I couldn't sleep I drank myself to sleep boy I hate myself for it I'm done with that to... the crack wasn't as hard as weed maybe cause I'd only smoke it on the weekend about 1 gram on weekends but still hard to stop ....the booze was another story that killed me ..id wake up in the morning with a scotch ...those days are behind me I think we'll I say that cause it's so freakin hard but I had to do it ....but what was I still doing with a bottle even though I didn't drink it except my 2nd night I stopped the weed...now the weed boy I didn't think it would be so nasty to stop but that I did a lot back when I was drinking and the crack I always smoked weed I did stop 2 years ago but that didn't last... this time I have you all I feel I can do it ...you guys are so strong and inspire me to just let it all out on the table and ty you people have no idea how much your helping me boy I wish I knew of this site before... I'm just giving news on how my progress is going I'm so tired but I had to let you all know ...feels good not to be judged on all that I'm sorry it took day 3 to admit all the garbage I've done ty for your support again peace to you all hang in there it gets easier .... does it? Lol your all the best .....have a great evening I'm here for you guys anytime remember.... ty😊👍ps sorry for my typing I'm all over the place I'm having a bit of anxiety oh I have a problem letting go of weed now I'm smoking cigarettes like a chômant I gotta stop that to but one thing at a time. I know the cigarettes will be hard let me get the weed out of my system does anybody know how long it takes to feel better and how long it takes for the weed to be out of your system ok I'm babbling sorry night all group hug to u all
Old 05-02-2017, 05:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Robyn - noones going to judge you here

I'm sorry it's been rough so far but it really should get better from here on in

D
Old 05-02-2017, 10:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Robyn, I'm rooting for ya. Was a big pot head for 15 years but I got 6 years sober. It's nice to be free from addiction. It was not easy but worth the effort. Keep it up!
Old 05-03-2017, 02:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ty all

Well day 4 hey I slept more last night dreamed less lol my dreams were ok though I'm on my way to work ty for all responses you all have a great day 👍
Old 05-05-2017, 02:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Craving

Hello all, it's day 6 I'm sleeping a bit better not dreaming so much now, but it's Friday just got home from work and now I'm craving it real real bad it's something I'd look forward to and now it's not there so instead of getting some no way I know I can do this so while I crave it I thought I'd come here type so it would pass grrrrrr I won't do it people the last few days were h--l .... I miss it ok I'm going nuts I gotta say it will pass and to those that are struggling I hope only the best we can do it we can do it peace all......
Old 05-05-2017, 03:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you looked through the sticky posts at the top of the forum Robyn

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ful-links.html

This link on cravings is a good one too - it's written from an alcoholics perspective but a craving is a craving...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

Keep busy. Find something to do. Go to bed early if you need to. I believe you can do this

D
Old 05-06-2017, 01:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Ty all

I'm gonna give it a look at.. its day 7 it's Saturday slept all day I get really bored and depressed if it could stop raining a walk will help but just to say I'm doing it still weed free ty all again
Old 05-06-2017, 10:19 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

A day in bed sober is still a job well done. Rest and patience are key. Keep it up!
Old 05-09-2017, 05:23 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

The initial withdrawal period can be a real b****. Very humbling and very scary. I went from a hot shot to a sniffling child in about a day.

The good news is that you'll never ever have to go through this again if you make this time count. Don't hesitate to seek out additional support if you need it. There's no reason to do this alone.
Old 05-10-2017, 03:23 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'm happy with myself

Hello all
Well it's day hum wait oh ya it's day 11 I didn't smoke and I was telling some people how I have trouble sleeping, and a friend handed me a thc jellybear omg I wanted to take it and I handed it back to him saying I can't take this all this for nothing if I take it so I didn't I'm proud of myself I even have people at work bugging me going to my office on my adding machine and just typing 420 I guess they think it's funny or I'll go out to lunch come back on my pc is on word pad and I see 420 most of my coworkers smoke so I guess people are not happy that I finally stoped the weeed it's a coworker that handed me that thc jelly bear I'm finally strong finally and I stoped drinking so I can stop the weed drinking was sooooooo hard it's still hard till this day but I'm on the road to recovery finally just thought I'd let you all know Higgs all.....hope your all hanging in there
Old 05-10-2017, 03:28 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like a tough place to work, Robyn.

D
Old 05-20-2017, 03:53 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Still weed free

Hi all day 21 still haven't smoked a joint it's starting to get better I went up to 2 packs of cigarettes a day I was at one so I had to cut the cigs I'm still getting nicotine vape thingy till I'm off nicotine only problem I'm having right now is wanting to drink it's been so long and to stop drinking was the hardest why now I won't drink I went to hell and back to stop so I won't that's why I'm here to read and change my mind you all have a great day......
Old 05-20-2017, 05:40 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really hope you don't drink.

I turned to drinking when I stopped daily pot...I ended up destroying myself on alcohol...and started smoking weed again anyway.

3 weeks is great Robyn - keep it up. Won't it be awesome not to be reliant on anything?

D
Old 05-20-2017, 05:50 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

What Dee said ^^^

Welcome Robyn. Too good work with the jellybear Robin, well done.