Now it's my sister-in-law!

Old 07-11-2014, 09:33 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

It's a sad thing when you realize someone may not necessarily have a "bottom." I am happy you are attending meetings and staying strong. Because those we love self destruct does not mean we have to do the same.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yes, I can't get sucked in. I'm in recovery from drinking for 4 years, and ehilemthismdoesnt make me want to drink, it gets me spinning emotionally. Thank you, very much.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:41 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your own recovery nancylee! That is a great great thing. It's always nice to hear a success story. I am sorry for what you are going through but very glad of your own resolve to stay sober!
Old 07-11-2014, 02:55 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
Congratulations on your own recovery nancylee! That is a great great thing. It's always nice to hear a success story. I am sorry for what you are going through but very glad of your own resolve to stay sober!
Thanks. I would never drink again, no matter what, but I still have to be careful that I'm not triggered in other ways, as we all do.
Nancy
Old 07-12-2014, 08:23 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
K9 Trainer, Ret. Sys Engr

Originally Posted by zoso77 View Post
Nancy, I'm less concerned about your SIL and more concerned about you.

Sometimes, events transpire that are not in our control. This is one of them. So I'm of the opinion that the best thing for you is to disengage and allow whatever is supposed to happen happen.

Take care of you.
I am repeating this yet again because it contains the wisdom we need when we get amped up to fix others mistakes and miseries.

Hugs
Old 07-13-2014, 05:38 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
I am repeating this yet again because it contains the wisdom we need when we get amped up to fix others mistakes and miseries.

Hugs
I appreciate the repeat, but please don't assume I am not working constantly on my own mistakes and miseries. I am happily sober over 4 years, I never even think of drinking, it's not an option, period. And I go to therapy every week, and work very, very hard on being as aware as possible of my own junk. But I'm still worried about my SIL.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:59 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

No assumptions meant, you can chalk it up to dumb thumbs or over tired, was meant by way of encouragement, my apologies.

The battle you have fought and the choices you make show strength and character, something to be valued.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:52 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

No, no offense taken. Just wanted to not worry you. Part of taking care of myself is recognizing that this concern about her is taking the focus off of me, and isn't healthy, and is causing resentments in me, which is why I posted. I apologize for my response coming out wrong.
Nancy
Old 07-14-2014, 09:22 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

How are you today? Hope things you are having a break.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:52 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi,
I'm good. My SIL came home, her sister took her food shopping and her mother was busy and didnt go to the AlAnon meeting. So the enabling continues.

My husband is down there working, so I don't ask questions. I saw on my phone that she called me at around 11PM, but gladly, I missed it. Why is she calling so late? She could have stayed at the rehab longer if she told them she felt anxious, but she wanted out, so...she's out. I expect her to be back within a week.

Trying to stay out of it all. Thank you for asking, Firefall,
Nancy