Positive Power on the Inside

Old 06-04-2014, 04:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Cool Positive Power on the Inside

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Positive power on the inside

No matter what may be happening on the outside, you are in charge of the way you are on the inside. And the way you are inside makes all the difference in the value and fulfillment you experience in each day.

Will you be overwhelmed by the problems or energized by the opportunities? That depends on the attitude with which you choose to live.

Will you be a victim of life’s circumstances or will you take positive control of your own destiny? The inner you makes that choice.

You can decide whether to live each day in the darkness of despair or in the light of possibility. You can choose between being a victim or a victor.

It is easy to blame your outer circumstances for the way your life unfolds. Yet the most influential factor is the perspective from which you respond to the way life unfolds.

At any time and place, in any situation, you can choose a positive, empowering, life-affirming perspective. Keep positive power on the inside, and you can successfully deal with whatever happens everywhere else.

— Ralph Marston
Old 06-04-2014, 04:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

This reading today expresses well my experience with life and attitude.

I can choose to live in the problem of my son's addiction, or in the solution of my own recovery. I cannot live in both at the same time.

I can see myself as a victim or as a survivor. The second will lead me away from the darkness and into the light of better tomorrows.

Many days, when things go wrong as they often do, I say a silent prayer "If this is the worse thing that happens to me today, thank You God.".

No matter what may be happening on the outside, you are in charge of the way you are on the inside. And the way you are inside makes all the difference in the value and fulfillment you experience in each day.
Wise words. I get to choose whether I will live in the positive and embrace the day or live in the darkness, stuck in my own negativity.

Today I choose sunshine and nature and light, today I choose healing and prayer and meditation, today I choose to live well and get busy embracing all the good today has to bring me.

Hugs
Old 06-05-2014, 05:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ann, thank you.

I do love the positive things I am learning here. Just the way that my mind gets some exercise is wonderful...thinking of things in positive ways, instead of old tapes getting the air time.

And the way you are inside makes all the difference in the value and fulfillment you experience in each day.
This is so so true.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Love this. I wake up every morning thankful for so much and if any negative thought comes, I switch to a positive. Works just about every time. We are in charge of how our thoughts and actions will be. We do not have to play the victim. We can choose victim or victor. Thank you for posting Ann!
Old 06-05-2014, 11:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm glad you enjoy it as much as I do.

I have become mindful of how I feel and why. If I catch myself having a grumpy day or one where I feel out of sorts, I am aware of it fairly quickly and then take pause to try to think of why. I usually discover that I am losing my balance over something that has nothing to do with me, or reacting to the behaviour of someone else...and all it takes to "right" myself is to change my attitude.

I believe deeply that "we are how we think" and keeping positive thoughts and staying aware of our feelings is a good beginning to having a good day.