Walking Together...

Old 03-09-2013, 10:52 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm glad it got bumped because I'd never read it. Beautiful!

Because I couldn't let go of the past (AH) I ended up with my own addiction. I wish SR had existed back then - and that I'd known all I needed to do was reach out. I was so alone....but no more.

Thank you Ann. You've been such a blessing in my life.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:51 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Ann

That poem is just wonderful. I have been so blessed to have found this forum, and you and all my other friends that helped me through the most trying times of my life.

I was such a "chocolate mess" before I found this forum. Just a short putt to the edge. With your help and the help of others that have walked before me, I made it and finally learned how to "let go" Wow, what a difficult lesson that is to learn. It's like riding a bike though, once you learn it, you never will forget.

I love you....

Hugs, Devastated
Old 03-09-2013, 06:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Dev, you were just like me....they had to drag me for the first while because I had my heels dug in so hard I left ruts.

There were so many here before me, who held their light and showed me the way. To those who went before me I will be forever grateful.

To the newcomer walking in the door...come walk with us a while, it's a lovely journey and all are welcome.

Hugs to everyone walking this path of recovery. When we get to the hill we can lay there and watch the clouds...picking out angels and cats and clowns, as they float by. If it gets dark, we can watch for shooting stars...and make a wish...oh look, there goes one now!!!

Old 03-09-2013, 06:52 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Ok, but will there be cheesecake??
Old 03-09-2013, 07:06 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Cheesecake won't work for me...I've already gained 15 lbs since I quit smoking..I guess I'll have to walk faster
Old 03-09-2013, 07:12 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Low-cal, low-fat cheesecake coming up.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:13 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by supportforme View Post
Cheesecake won't work for me...I've already gained 15 lbs since I quit smoking..I guess I'll have to walk faster
We will exercise after. Ya know...palates, yoga and zumba while star watching is becoming the new in thing. Geez, where have you been??
Old 03-09-2013, 07:15 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Oh Ann, your recovery is always shining bright!

lol
Old 03-09-2013, 07:20 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Ann - You're my HERO!!!. Now I'm starving though and these carrot sticks are just not doing it.

LMN - I'M BACK... I realized just because the divorce is final doesn't mean I'm OK. I still have alot of work for the folks on here to do....I need my village to walk with me and my boys....
Old 03-09-2013, 08:37 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

This is a great thread. I much enjoyed the reposting - uplifting.

I must also mention - lovely photos (kitties and cheesecake, yum!).
Old 03-09-2013, 08:59 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Wow what a blast from the past to get an email that someone posted on this thread! I joined almost 10 years ago, we have sure come a long way!
Old 03-09-2013, 09:04 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

Thank you Ann

That post from 2007 really hits me right in the heart today.

I never could have made it this far without all of you and your never ending support.

I hope this walk never ends!
Old 03-10-2013, 04:07 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by HockeyMom
Wow what a blast from the past to get an email that someone posted on this thread! I joined almost 10 years ago, we have sure come a long way!
HockeyMom, it tickles my heart to see you here so I can thank you in person (almost) for all the support and inspiration you have given me over the years. Hope you brought your walking shoes.

Old 03-10-2013, 05:37 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I am so glad this was bumped!!!!!

It definitely is a WE program. Even my latest 'mis adventure' would have been much
much harder if I had not had the F&F of Sober Recovery.

I too have been here a long time. I originally joined the latter part of '02, but there was a glitch in the whole site and some posts and members were lost, so I rejoined
right after the mishap.

By then I was here on the F&F forums much more than on the Addiction forums. I
say all the time to my friends, that although I did die in my attempt to get sober, once
I got the hang of it and with a lot of help from AA, my sobriety became a 'non issue.'
(Although I had been a raging alcoholic.)

I have it much more difficult to deal with and correct my 'codependence' tendencies.
I do believe I have to be much more vigilant about my codependency than my alco-
holism. It is just so 'easy' to fall back into 'old ways' and try to start 'fixing' again.

Thank you (((((Ann))))) for this thread. I have again printed it out and it is on my
refrigerator. (Sure am glad I have a side by side refrig, lmao).

Thank you (((((Dolly))))) for 'bumping up' this thread.

Is there anyway that this can become a 'sticky'? It is an excellent reminder of how
this is definitely a WE program. Alone I cannot do it, together I/we can conquer the
world!!!!

Lots of love and bunches of hugs,
Old 03-10-2013, 06:49 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Yes, I will be reorganizing some of the stickies and will move this up there once I have done so each newcomer walking through the door will know that they are no longer alone.

So many times when I am walking with nature, on a beach or through the forest, or any quiet place that I walk to find peace, I wish you all could be right there beside me enjoying the solitude and loveliness. You are always with me, in my heart and in my spirit.

Hugs
Old 03-10-2013, 09:41 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Ann

Talk about digging your heels in....I went kicking and screaming! Before I found you and this forum, my best friend in the whole world was the "stinking" pawn shop guy!

I'll never forget when my son pawned all his tools (masonry) and he had this huge compressor in the pawn shop. Of course, being a codie, I wouldn't want him not to have his tools, so I went to pick them up at his favorite pawn shop. The guy made money hand over fist from me. I asked if he would put the compressor in the back of my jeep, and he said sure for 20.00 more. I was so angry I picked the compressor up with one hand and threw it in the jeep. He said, "WOW, didn't think you were that strong!" I looked at him and said, "next time it's going to be you I throw!"

Ask me how long it took before I finally said, "NO MORE!" A long, long, time. Shoot, I replaced one camera 3 times! DUMB!

Anyway, the moral of the story is everyone finally reaches their saturation point in their own time. Some sooner than others, but everyone has to do it in their own time.

Thank you for showing me the way.

Hugs & Kisses, Dev
Old 03-10-2013, 06:17 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Wonderful thread. Thanks to all...
Old 03-11-2013, 04:56 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Dev, we walked with you to the pawn shop, we walked with you when you put the prison warden on speed dial, we walked with you choosing outfits for the prison wedding and again when it was called off...I told you this walk was an interesting one, filled with surprises along the way.

And we're still walking with you now that your son is doing well and moving forward with his life.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:01 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Ann

Oh, so that was how I was able to lift that compressor with one hand huh?

Ok, then, next time it's your turn to grab the heavy end! LOL

Ooops, forgot, there will be no next time. I'm done with pawn shops!

Hugs, Dev
Old 03-11-2013, 10:59 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Just beautiful Ann.

Thank you xxx