Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

Could use some good vibes sent in the general direction of Colorado

Old 02-24-2017, 06:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A work in progress

My first husband (kiddos' dad--the one I'm on friendly terms with) called me today to tell my my older son's company was just bought out by a HUGE company and he is probably looking at a job loss soon.

This young man (30) has gone from someone who couldn't hold onto a job more than 3 months a pop (nine years ago) to someone who has received promotions and awards for his work with this company. He just started back to school (being one credit shy of his Associate's degree for all these years) to get his Bachelor's degree, under a program that his company would help pay for.

He had some serious emotional issues as a teen, but he's been very stable and doing great the past few years. I still worry, though, that he's going to go into a tailspin if something drastic were to happen. Probably needless worry, but you know how moms are.

The good news is that, although he's naturally bummed out, he is actively updating his resume and planning to reach out to some of the business connections he's made. His dad told me he already assured our son that if necessary he and his girlfriend can move back to his house temporarily. I really hope it doesn't come to that, but he's been working hard and I don't object to his getting help when something like an unanticipated (and undeserved) job loss happens.

So I'm truly hoping he finds something soon. This job was a great fit for him in so many ways. He has really thrived on the responsibility and praise he's gotten there. But I really do believe things happen as they should, so maybe the next job will be equally great or even better.

But some good thoughts sent in that general direction would be appreciated. I'll give him a call later this weekend to check in with him. We haven't talked in weeks.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Prayers for you son Lexie.

I'm in Colorado and our economy has been pretty good. I hope they keep him or he finds something better.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope your son will find a new job - no tailspins required Lexie

D
Old 02-24-2017, 06:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good vibes, alpha waves, beta waves- support and empathy Admiration for your son too.
Look after yourself as well- stress stuff.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

More good vibes headed to your son.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lexie,
We never stop worrying, do we!! I will keep my fingers crossed that someone will see what a good young man he is and pick him up very quickly. Colorado is a good state to be living in right now!!

Sending good thoughts to you and him.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good vibes heading west from Chicago, Lexie!
Old 02-24-2017, 07:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My son also was laid off once. It was the best thing that happened to him. He had to go look for another job. He found one in his field. The other one wasn't.

Sometimes, things happen for a reason, and the reason is that it is better for someone.

Wishing him the best. Sending many good vibes.

amy
Old 02-24-2017, 09:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Prayers for your son, Lexie. This could be one of those strangely-wrapped gifts.
Old 02-24-2017, 11:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sending ultra good vibes to CO and your son!
Old 02-25-2017, 01:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Lighting the lamp for your boy, Lexie. From what you say, he's put in a lot of work to get to where he is now, and I can't believe the Universe would let that energy be wasted. I hope the path from this point to the next one is as smooth as possible for him.
Old 02-25-2017, 03:18 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sending prayers and good thoughts your way. I always like to think when God closes one door he will open another.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:26 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good thoughts sent! All will be well.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:45 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Lexie, I am a big believer that life takes us to where we are supposed to go and I have a feeling your son is being led. Sometimes God lights our path, sometimes He give us a big shove or rips the rug right out from under us, but one way or another this is all good.

Trust that, and as another mama I will cross my fingers and say my prayers for your son too.

Hugs
Old 02-25-2017, 04:54 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way!
Old 02-25-2017, 05:05 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

prayers coming your way from NJ.
Your son sounds like he has his chit together and hopefully he will turn this into a better opportunity.
Momma's always worry {hugs**
Old 02-25-2017, 05:09 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Sending you both happy thoughts and a hug.
Old 02-25-2017, 05:38 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Lexi, I'm sending my best good thpughts, momma style, for your son. I bet he's going to come through this with even more strength than ever.
I'm sorry for this , as I know it's not what we ever want....to have the rug pulled out. But as you said, something even better may be waiting.
It sounds like he has much good experience under his belt, and that he's going to be a wonderful employee for someone to grab up!

hugs....
Old 02-25-2017, 05:44 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Good Vibes heading his way Lex. You know what they say..... When one door closes.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:29 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Thanks, guys, I agree, and I've never had an involuntary job loss that turned out to be less than a good thing.

Kiddo unfortunately seems to have inherited his dad's "glass half empty" outlook on life, so some good lessons along that line would be a good thing.