Infinite Happy Days - Gratitude and Joy Posts - Part 3

Old 03-27-2017, 11:26 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

I am incredibly grateful that honeypig decided to post all about her terrorist squirrel sect in this thread.

You absolutely made my day!
Old 03-29-2017, 08:05 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Honeypig! This showed up in my facebook feed today and instantly made me think of you!

https://youtu.be/K16fG1sDagU

Today I am grateful for batman bandaids. I don't know why they were in my medicine cabinet, but after some split knuckles giving the new bike a little faceflift, I'm glad they were there, and my coworkers have gotten some chuckles out of them.

Facelift before and after: And a B. A Sculpture I found on my test ride.

Old 03-29-2017, 08:13 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  
A work in progress

LOVE that sculpture! Thanks for posting the pic! I wish you lived close to me, fb--I'd still like to learn to ride a bike. I think if I'd had a few hours to practice turns my myself, rather than following a long line of riders through a course, I could have gotten the hang of it.

Today *I* am grateful to have collected all my tax info and organized it to drop off with my accountant today. I don't have a complicated tax situation, but doing tax returns gives me anxiety attacks, so it's well worth the money to have an accountant who will plug in the right numbers in the right places. And since what I give him IS pretty organized, I don't feel guilty dropping it off three weeks before tax day. He probably knocks one like mine out in half an hour.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:31 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Aww Lexie if you lived closer I'd take you out and let you practice on my 350. I've showed 3 of my girlfriends how to ride it - 2 of them loved it and bought Honda Rebels right after, the 3rd wanted no part of it lol. CONGRATS on the taxes being a done deal!
Old 03-29-2017, 08:47 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

firebolt, that video is a SCREAM! Too, too funny!

I like the new "eyeball" for the bike, and I like the sculpture, too.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:52 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firebolt View Post
..... the 3rd wanted no part of it lol.
Oh, that would be ME, totally. I love riding (now, haven't always)... but I don't "drive", lol.

Just uttering the "T" word gives me gooseflesh - too many years of managing tax firms. I am no procrastinator but must have some low-level PTSD around this issue because I barely manage to file every year by the deadline. (even though my return is easier than ever) This year DD pushed me though - we needed that info filed so we could submit her financial aid & scholarship applications this week.

I forgot to thank you for the meditation link honeypig - Louise Hay is one of my favorites & I haven't done this one before. I added it to my youtube list.

Grateful for the signs of spring starting to pop up For Reals; I am very much ready to shake off the heaviness of winter already!
Old 03-29-2017, 06:55 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

I'm not a fan of motorcycles however . . . .

I recently heard of a breast milk sharing organization that is supported by a women's motorcycle group called the Sirens. These women motorcyclists can get around quicker than a car and so move the milk from moms to babies who need it . . . I just love stuff like that.

I'm editing this to put in a link to the story as I thought it was too cool:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/12/06/this-a...-need-6303510/

The pictures are great.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:04 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Wow, that really IS cool, BKA, and I agree, the photos are excellent. Thanks for posting!
Old 03-30-2017, 08:17 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

BKA - that is SO cool. I love when bikers get together for a good cause! <3

Grateful today that I'm ready to face April. Bad things just happen this month, and in particular on my birthday. The bike wreck, discovering boyfriends cheating, family and friends and pets deaths, dads diagnosis, my brothers wreck - etc etc. I have never loved birthdays, but since 2001, I have absolutely dreaded the month of April, let alone April 25th.

I don't know why the stars are aligned that way, they just are. But even though crappy things happened, the last 2 years I spent it with family and that made it so much better. Last year, I was on a much needed Oregon coast vacation with them - we left despite my brothers wreck a week earlier, and it was the best thing we could have done. The year before, my friends had a surprise party for me and my mom, dad (wheelchair bound by this time) and aunt all made the trip to make an hour appearance at it (nothing like bawling in front of 30 people you love lol). This year, we are painting my moms house so she can sell it.

3 years running, I will not be wallowing away or hiding away waiting for something terrible to happen. I am ready to face April - no matter what it brings, and I'm going to do my damndest to make my part of it a good month. April can go ahead and BRING IT ON! I'll be celebrating the 16th anniversary of surviving a motorcycle crash by riding my new one
Old 03-30-2017, 02:18 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firebolt View Post
I am ready to face April - no matter what it brings, and I'm going to do my damndest to make my part of it a good month. April can go ahead and BRING IT ON! I'll be celebrating the 16th anniversary of surviving a motorcycle crash by riding my new one
Sounds like April really HAS been "the cruelest month" for you, firebolt--all those things happening in the same month over all those years would make me a little uneasy, too. I hope your plans to overturn all those years of crap work out in a big, big way!

For my part, today I'm grateful for my big tall sturdy delivery van--when the drunk/high guy in the Charger rear-ended me going way, way too fast this AM in the pouring rain, I didn't lose control or get hurt. He, on the other hand, destroyed that Charger all the way back to the firewall as well as taking out a city street light... but amazingly was able to get out and walk around yelling "how did this happen?" and "who did this to me?"

The dude hit me hard enough to buckle the floor in the van and crush the heavy steel bumper. it was no joke. Mighty grateful to get off w/being shaken up and some sore muscles. I've never been in anything but very minor fender benders before, the kind where both drivers get out, look at their cars, look at each other, shrug, and then drive away, and this was really a scary thing for me.
Old 03-30-2017, 02:38 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Thats SO scary Honeypig - I'm glad you are generally ok!

but amazingly was able to get out and walk around yelling "how did this happen?" and "who did this to me?"

I hope you check in at the doc for some xrays on your back and neck - that stuff can have lasting effects! Take care of yourself HP, and I hope you feel better quickly - thats terrifying!!
Old 03-30-2017, 02:44 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Thanks for the advice, fb--it sounds like you've had some experience in this area, so I'll have to consider it.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:05 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Hmmm . . . Honeypig, you just made me super grateful that you weren't hurt. I don't even know you but I sure would miss you.

Take it easy in the next few days.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:49 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Thanks for the thoughts, BKA. I'm grateful my massage gal made room for me to get in yesterday afternoon. I was feeling the soreness coming on but more than anything else, I just couldn't get past the shaky feeling, kept feeling like I couldn't quite catch my breath, just very nervous and uneasy. She put a heavy dose of reiki into our session (plus was kind enough to give me some extra time for free as another appointment had cancelled, bless her heart) and I walked out of her office feeling so much calmer, like my feet were back on the ground. I slept like a rock last night and I don't feel too bad at all physically, haven't even taken any ibuprofen or anything.

Guess my gratitude for today is going to be, again, that I wasn't hurt, that the guy who hit me apparently wasn't hurt or not badly, and that I have the best massage/energy worker in the world on my side! I'm also mighty grateful for my SR friends who care about me...
Old 03-31-2017, 05:59 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  
A work in progress

So glad you (and even the idiot) were OK! Did the cops deal with him? You said he appeared to be drunk/high...
Old 03-31-2017, 07:47 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

WOW honeypig, how scary!! I can understand why you would have some residual tremors after the initial impact. I'm always far worse after a traumatic incident than I am while it is happening or immediately afterward. I hope you aren't feeling too sore this morning - your massage therapist sounds amazing though!!

Here's to wishing this is the year that April turns the other cheek for you firebolt - this is the year that it starts being a positive & uplifting time for you instead of being filled with grief triggers. I KNOW that your new bike is going to be a big part of bringing all that new energy in for you. (((((HUGS)))))

Grateful today to have the best self-care day EVER planned for tomorrow. Even happier that it was my very-codie friend who recognized the need for it in her own life (for the 1st time) and asked me to plan it originally.

I drop DD off for her field trip at 6:45 am & pick up my friend. We will head to the beach, hit it not long after sunrise & walk for an hour. I will stop to do some yoga & she'll stop to just sit & zone off looking at the water... then we have acupuncture appts followed immediately with 1-hr foot massages. Lunch at her favorite Mexican restaurant & then home in time for naps. I don't have to pick up DD until 9pm & we may actually make plans for later that evening since she'll be exhausted & ready to sleep, but I'll be rested & ready to rock. TGIF!

Old 03-31-2017, 12:03 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
So glad you (and even the idiot) were OK! Did the cops deal with him? You said he appeared to be drunk/high...
The cops did take him away, to the best of my knowledge. The officer who'd come up and gotten my license and other info mentioned, when she came back to return my license, that the other driver claimed to "have insurance but couldn't say or show what company" and also that he had no valid driver's license...sounded to me like this wasn't his first rodeo. She did not mention impairment or lack thereof, but I imagine she probably can't say certain things? Would the accident report show that info, when it's ready (7-10 days, they said)?

Another thing I'm grateful for is that I did NOT get a ticket--I'd pretty much convinced myself that since the accident was unwitnessed, I'd be bitten for pulling out in front of him or something. That didn't happen, and I'm relieved. I've got a really clean record, something I need to maintain both on a personal and business basis.

ETA: Just did a quick search in the circuit court public records. Between 2009 and now, the guy has 9 entries. In two he was found innocent, and the others are convictions for theft, possession, criminal trespass, speeding (30-34 mph over), operating w/o a license, and a paternity case. I'm very glad I followed my gut feeling and didn't try to talk to him, seems it could have been dangerous.
Old 03-31-2017, 12:32 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  

FireSprite, I love to think of your weekend plans! That walk on the beach sounds just heavenly. I hope you have perfect weather and a wonderful, wonderful day.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:45 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  
A work in progress

So I just planned my vacation for 2018. I'm going to... Vietnam!!

I don't know what struck me today to go on the website of the travel company I used for my FABULOUS trip to Morocco a couple of years ago, but I did. My vacation plans last year and this have been pretty modest. I did a week at the Outerbanks last year (unfortunately immediately after a hurricane struck, which flooded me into my rental for most of the week but managed to have some fun and relaxation), and this year NM (balloon festival and recon for a possible move there someday). And I've had to do all this stuff with getting my dad settled, visiting him earlier this year (and probably early next year), along with visits to my kiddos. But next year I will get some extra vacation days (thanks to my anniversary date at work), and I decided it's time for another real adventure.

I was tempted to do the Thailand/Vietnam/Cambodia/Laos thing, which wasn't a great deal more expensive, but it seemed like an awful lot to cram into a short time. So this is a bit less pricey, and I'm scheduling it for November, which allows me to span Veteran's Day AND Thanksgiving/day after, which will save some of those precious vaca days.

I just had to put down a deposit (not too much money) today, and I've got up until a month and a half before departure to pay the rest. And it's actually surprisingly cheap. I'll take care of my own airfare (I found fares substantially cheaper than theirs, and I can pay for that with points).

So yay--I've got something I can look forward to for the next year and a half (planning is half the fun!). I totally LOVED my other trip with this company, so I feel like I can relax and not worry. I'm not going with the same women's group, but the groups this company does are guaranteed to be no more than 10-16 people (and they don't charge extra for single accommodations).

I'm STOKED.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:51 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

That sounds like a real adventure, Lexie! So when you have plans for a trip like that, do you do a lot of reading about the place in the months before you leave, or do you just learn as you go?

I'm always one to do the research beforehand, but I wonder if that can launch preconceptions and keep a person from seeing with their own eyes?