Notices

Can't stop crying

Old 02-25-2006, 06:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
He who laughs, lasts.

Can't stop crying

I am taking Welbutrin, and it's been 3 weeks. I am trying to stop smoking, and I have depression because:
Divorce around the corner. Still love AH, very painful.
My oldest son just got out of jail yesterday after spending 9 months along with his brother and is staying with me till finds a job.
Youngest son in jail goes to court Monday to be sentanced, expect long sentance. So, all my children are losers.
I have a Grandbaby born to youngest son while he is in jail. She is 7 months old and he hasnt held her yet. I love the baby to pieces and cry all the time when she leaves from her visit with me. I hate to see her and her mother leave.
Very stressful job. Strange group of strange people I have to put up with.
I feel sad, like there is nothing to look forward to any more. I really try to fill my head with positive thoughts, but they aren't really getting through.
Today at work, I became dizzy, and afraid. Thought I was going to fall to the floor. I was extremely nauseated.
Am I going insane? I sure feel like I am on overload. Maybe I just need to vent.
One good thing is I don't want a ciggarette.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow, I really feel for you. You've got so much on your plate that it's overwhelming you. I can relate. I've got family issues myself, and yes, sometimes you just feel like you can't take one more thing or you'll break down.

But you know...you do still have good things in your life. There is always a silver lining in the cloud, though sometimes the negatives overshadow it. Remember what they are. Keep positive as much as you can, so you don't bog down. You need strength right now to deal with each thing that comes your way. And you'll get through all this. Look back to your past and see where you didn't think you could get through something and you'll find that you did.

I think that posting and getting your feelings out is a good thing for you. And it does help somewhat to know that you're not alone, because you're not. Everyone has problems...some may have worse than others, but I don't know a single soul who has a perfect life.

Peace to you (((beginning))) and congrats on the smoke quit. I'm trying to get there too.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Beginning...

Best to just let the tears come...
cry out your angst... and hopefully it will bring some new solutions to your life with its release...

The Serenity Prayer helped me...

You gotta lighten your load in some way... because your body will give out under the stain...
... I would not ignore those twinges...

Maybe time for some hard letting go...

In the meantime.... your body is using water to release some of that pentup crap that gets no release...

Listen to your inner voice...
It'll tell you what you need to do...

Praying for perspective and clarity for you....
Old 02-25-2006, 07:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am sorry you are having to deal with all of this at once. It is alot. Who wouldn't cry?
wishes of peace to you,
live
Old 02-25-2006, 07:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

((( begining))) Sounds like you have alot on your plate.Prayers of comfort to you, and good luck with the smoking!
Bless, Trish
Old 02-25-2006, 07:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
He who laughs, lasts.

Thank you Sweet, I sure needed some encouragement. Life can be overwhelming, especially when it's one thing after another non stop. That's why I hang out at SR
Old 02-26-2006, 03:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
To Life!

Beginning;
You've been on the Wellbutrin only 3 weeks; it takes normally 4-6 for any anti-depressant to reach full effectiveness. And in some cases, Wellbutrin can cause anxiety. Please contact your doctor and let him/her know what's happened.

I can also relate to your family situation. I'm sorry. I know how stressful it is. Oh, and don't get me started on the job situation! Oy!

The others hit the nail on the head. Let it go. The Serenity Prayer gives the directions as to how to let it go.

My prayers for your well being...

Shalom!
Old 02-26-2006, 04:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
On The Bus

Yup

Same thing is going on with me. I guess I accidentally posted it in my Bundle of Nerves thread under Mental Health instead of Anxiety. Perhaps I would have gotten more responses!

I am desperately waiting for this feeling of weirdness and anxiety to pass and to feel like myself again.

I lay awake all night last night just thinking and wondering if I am cracking up and going back to feeling mental, miserable and insane like I did when I first started in recovery 18 years ago.

Now that I have finally fallen asleep it is time to get up and do my paternal duties. I am afraid of falling apart in front of my kids. No one understands.

Maybe I need more than one meeting a week. Yes perhaps I need to invest more time in my recovery meetings. Maybe that is where I am missing the boat.

It worked in the beginning I guess there is no reason to not believe it will work now.

Must pray to be delivered from my own self will.

Must say the simplest prayer of all: God, please help me.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((B2C))))

This is a tough row to hoe for you. Maybe this is a bottom for you and things will start looking up soon.Take it easy on yourself ok...Prayer going out for you and your family.

My sister just got on wellbutrin. She has quit dope, cigs, and is unable to eat she has lost 20 pounds in 3 weeks. All are good things for her. But I can tell she is in a very fragile state. I know she has a lot of issues about me so I am staying away from her one word from me and she could go over the edge...
Old 02-26-2006, 07:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
He who laughs, lasts.

Thanks everyone. teach, I think welbutrin has done me some good, but the weird feelings are too much. I think it's contributing to my insanity! I read a page where patients can put there experiences with the medication. Here is the website. http://www.askapatient.com/viewratin...ame=WELLBUTRIN
It seems like Welbutrin can cause a lot of anxiety, just what I don't need right now.
I will go to the doctor next month and ask if there's anything else he recommends.
I am tired of being miserable!
I really appreciate everyone's support. It helped me get through the night.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Wellbutrin did not seem to help with my crying and emotional spells. My doctor has recently put me on Lexapro and Id I feel "normal" for the first time ever. I still ahve anxiety and some depressive moments, but I am able to see a way out and with positive thought processes I kick that anxiety and depressions butt.

I ahve been happy and content for three weeks straight, normally I was all over the place on an hourly basis.