Notices

A drug is a drug......

Old 12-03-2005, 10:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A drug is a drug......

Time for me to take an honest look at my life. I have been fooling myself into believing that I can smoke pot. I have used all kinds of excuses to allow myself to believe it will cause me no harm. Well, reality slapped me in the face the other night. See, because I smoke pot, I still hang out with people who use my doc- coke. The other night, I made a bad choice. I don't want to go down that road again. I don't want to live like that. This is why I am telling on myself. It is not ok to use any drug. I am an addict. There is no doubt about it. One is too many and a thousand never enought. So far today, I have not smoked anything. I have been hanging out here until I have to go to work tonight. I went to a meeting last night. I know what I have to do. Just for today.

Sherry
Old 12-03-2005, 10:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

(((((Sherry)))))

Yep that is so right a drug is a drug is a drug LOL>>I know even for me I don't even take asprins etc. I might go alittle over board with all of this sometimes but I have too. I have two crushed disks in my back and the pain is terrible sometimes. I can go to the doctor and get some really good stuff but I don't like the way that it feels so I don't take anything. I guess what it all comes down to for me is living life on lifes terms and that is so hard for me to do.

I can be addicted to anything that takes that void out of my soul, shopping, sex, eating, so I have to be real careful to see what my motives are and if it is infact self will or my HP's will. I am sending good thoughts to you and am proud of you for what you are so trying to do..

Love Vic
Old 12-03-2005, 10:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You are so right about being addicted to anything. Anything that fills that void. That has been a problem. It's actually taking a complete 3rd step that I get stuck on. I don't want to give him my will. I think I do, but when it comes down to it, I do a half a$$ job with it. Before I picked up the pot, I picked up a relationship. We both relapsed. That was no longer filling the void. I need to turn my will over. Completely and honestly. Thanks for listening Vic. Just for today, I will not use.

Sherry
Old 12-03-2005, 10:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by sherbear5104
You are so right about being addicted to anything. Anything that fills that void. That has been a problem. It's actually taking a complete 3rd step that I get stuck on. I don't want to give him my will. I think I do, but when it comes down to it, I do a half a$$ job with it. Before I picked up the pot, I picked up a relationship. We both relapsed. That was no longer filling the void. I need to turn my will over. Completely and honestly. Thanks for listening Vic. Just for today, I will not use.

Sherry
((((((Sherry))))))

We don't have to give him/her our will we just turn our will over to the CARE of God as we understand him/her. It doesn't say that we don't have our own will we just try to line our will up with his I think LOL I know that it will be ok just remember rule 62 "Don't be so damn hard on yourself"

Love VIc
Old 12-03-2005, 12:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Vic. Rule 62. I won't be so hard on myself!!!! I need to love myself, right?
Old 12-03-2005, 01:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

See not too long ago I was in Niagra Falls at the Regional Convention. It was a good time too.
Peace,
Todd J.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Too bad I was on a mission. We could have met there! It would be cool to meet someone from here, face to face.