Notices

I'm ready to say something cruel

Old 11-13-2005, 05:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm ready to say something cruel

Hi,

I am about at the limit of humiliating remarks and discusted attitude that my boss takes towards me in front of my co-workers.

Man, I have come up with a whole dialog inside my head of really cruel, hurtful and humiliating remarks that I am going to say to him.
I am very good at it if I do decide to unload.

He is retiring at the end of the year.
One thing I am thinking of saying is "I am the president of two companies (I really am) Who the f**k are you. Just a washed up, has been, lacky middle manager."
I have even more in my head.

I really want to verbally destroy this abusive creep.

That's how I'm feeling and I needed to let it out on this forum.

Ernie
Old 11-13-2005, 06:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Ernie, I know this is easier said than done but, you need to decide if joining him in his miserable world is best for you. Revenge can be a double edge sword. Seeing how he is leaving, I'd suggest being the better person. You can make a statement by simply not involving yourself with him or his retirement. Letting people like him know they got to you, is to play their game. Don't play his game, it won't change him or what he's done. I've done what you're planning. They move on, and I feel guilty or play it over and over in my head.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm ready to say something

Thanks Don. I will try to keep my mouth shut. But if anyone takes up a collection I have no intention of contributing.

Ernie
Old 11-14-2005, 10:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Ernie

My boss can be a total ..... at times.
I have found that when I let his .... attitude ruin my day...He wins.
I have found that when I behave and hold a proper, controled, respectful attitude towards him (even though it isn't deserved) I win and I control the situation.
My behavior has cause his to change many times.
If I was to grab him by the neck and rack him up against the wall... he would win (would be in the hospital but winning all the same)
Don't let his .... attitude control your life. Be the bigger person and go home feeling proud of what you didn't do or say.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes, finding ways to gain control of the situation is a much better way to spend energy... Yes, very much easier said than done, but not only does it really pay off, exploding can lead to you just feeding off of your hurt and anger - I don't know if that made much sense - for example: My step-dad used to be very verbally abusive, controlling, manipulative, probably made me feel very similar to how your boss makes you feel. There were nights where I'd just go to my room and swim in my hate for him. Well, there were also nights that I spent trying to figure out how I could gain control of the situation - and eventually I ended up leaving my home. I was able to get away from the abuser and the situation (but not everyone can do this). The point is, I ended up feeling a lot better on the nights I was planning to leave than the nights I was just horribly angry... I hope that helped a little...
Old 11-14-2005, 05:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good advice Blueberry.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Don't waste your energy on him---he's not worth it.

Dolly