A letter from your addiction

Old 02-06-2005, 05:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

Exclamation A letter from your addiction

Someone gave this to me last night at the NA meeting, and all I can say is wow. Please let me know how this made you feel.

Dear Friend,
I've come to visit once again. I love to see you suffer mentally physically spiritually and socially. I want to have you restless so you can never relax. I want you jumpy and nervous and anxious. I want to make you agitated and irritable so everything and everybody makes you uncomfortable. I want you to be depressed and confused so that you can't think clearly or positively. I want to make you hate everything and everybody-especially yourself. I want you to feel guilty and remorseful for the the things you have done in the past that you'll never be able to let go. I want to make you angry and hateful toward the world for the way it is and the way you are. I want you to feel sorry for yourself and blame everything but your addiction for the way things are. I want you to be deceitful and untrustworthy, and to manipulate and con as many people as possible. I want to make you fearful and paranoid for no reason at all and I want you to wake up during all hours of the night screaming for me. You know you can't sleep without me; I'm even in your dreams.

I want to be the first thing you wake up to every morning and the last thing you touch before you black out. I would rather kill you, but I'll be happy enough if I can put you back in the hospital, another institution or jail. But you know that I'll still be waiting for you when you come out. I love to watch you slowly going insane. I love to see all the physical damage that I'm causing you. I can't help but sneer and chuckly when you shiver and shake, when you freeze and sweat at the same time, when you wake up with your sheets and blankets soaking wet.

It's amazing how much destruction I can do to your internal organs while at the same time, work on your brain, destroying it bit by bit. I deeply appreciate how much you sacrifice for me.

The countless good jobs you have sacrificed for me. All the fine friends that you deeply cared for-you gave them up for me. And what's more, for the ones you turned against yourself because of your inexcusable actions-I am more than grateful.

And especially your loved ones, your family, and the most important people in the world to you. You even threw them away for me. I cannot express in words the gratitiude I have for the loayalty you have for me. You sacrificed all these beautiful things in your life just to devote yourself completely to me. But do not despair my friend, for on me you can always depend. For after you have lost all these things, you can still depend on me to take even more. You can depend on me to keep you in living hell, to keep your mind, body and soul. FOR I WILL NOT BE SATISFIED UNTIL YOU ARE DEAD, MY FRIEND.
Faithfully yours,
Your addiction and drug of choice
Old 02-06-2005, 06:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thanks Roxann,
I am speechless....that is so true.

Love indigo
Old 02-06-2005, 07:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Awsome!!!!!! I am printing it out as we speak.....we must never forget our enemy!
Old 02-08-2005, 05:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

Has anyone written a letter to their addiction? I think I might do that later on today. I'd love to read anyone's letter to it if you would like to share it. :heart:
Old 02-08-2005, 08:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

PASteelerFan,
Not a bad idea! I have to go do some things right now. If I can stay awake when I am done I will do it and post it.
Old 02-09-2005, 04:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

PASteelerFan,

I had told you I would try to write the letter to my addiction. I have tried but can't come up with the words. At least not what I feel are the proper words for what it has done to me.

I'm sorry.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Okay I did it. I truly believe what I wrote.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
To my demons.txt (1.4 KB, 397 views)
Old 02-09-2005, 07:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

Thank you for sharing that Boozer. I hope it helped to get it all out.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Very powerful, thanks Boozer. Keep speaking your truth, ok?

phinny
Old 05-27-2010, 08:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Smile

This is very true I am back from a relapse and I have 40 days clean my sponsor told me to read this every night bc of drug dreams I was having and for the last several days I have slept peacefully!!!!!!! Desiree
Old 05-27-2010, 08:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Smile

and next I am going to write a letter to my addiction this should be good for me bc I am very angry at my addiction!!!!!! lemmeo know what u think!!!!
Old 05-27-2010, 08:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Heavy
Old 05-28-2010, 07:53 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Awakening...

Wow! Thanks for bumping this one up, very powerful stuff. I think I'll share this at an AA meeting someday.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:23 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

My girl read it to me in her psycho girlfriend voice. It's basically a letter from an EX I never wanna go back to. printed it out and will keep it close as a reminder.
Thanks!
Old 10-28-2010, 12:23 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

True story right there. I would never let a man control me so why did I let a powder do it? F*ck that I say. I control me, nothing else does.

Awesome that you posted this.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:29 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Now ain't that the truth?? Thx for sharing.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:49 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Old 10-29-2010, 11:16 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Good stuff right there! Thanks for that.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:10 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

So true. Thank you for this. Just what I needed.

Annette
Old 10-31-2010, 08:29 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
One moment at a time.

I really love this letter. It is so powerful and so true! I posted it to my group I made for the young and sober on facebook...