Notices

Weird anxiety help?

Old 10-29-2016, 09:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Weird anxiety help?

As many know, I have a broken leg. Well, I also just lost my job (again) due to this broken leg and am alone inside trapped.

It's beautiful outside today. It should not be this nice for October and I am sitting here trying to watch a movie. I opened the windows and my brain is in overdrive.

I used to be a huge runner. I would be outside every day working in the garden, shoveling snow for hours, or just walking. Always outside.

My brain won't focus on the movie and is telling me I'd better start cleaning. (I can clean). I cleaned the entire kitchen on crutches and sat back down and it is now telling me I should be doing something else so I went and cleaned the entire house. As much as I humanly could. I am back on the computer and it's making me feel like I am missing out. Of course I am, but I am also not drinking. None of my friends or family come over anymore though either.

Not drinking, not working, and not being able to move are making me nuts. I believe I am starting a huge episode of depression and I know it. Basically, I can't walk and have painful months of therapy ahead. Has anyone been in this situation? Anyone on house arrest? Thanks
Old 10-29-2016, 09:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Why don't you go outside even if it is just to sit and read? Or maybe you can take a small walk on your crutches since if you are able to clean maybe you could move around a little outside?

I know it has to be hard going from being very active and spending a lot of time outside and then being in a situation where you can't enjoy being outdoors which is important to you, dealing with losing a job, and not having family come over very much. When I find myself starting to fall into a depression I make a list of what I have been doing daily/weekly lately and then you can maybe asses your list and change up certain parts. I have found that if I don't write it down I don't realize exactly what my days are like. ( I am a big list writer and journal writer- it keeps me on track). I have also found that finding a counselor you trust can help since sometimes they provide things that we don't think of ourselves, help make a new plan that is better for our mental health, or if nothing else it is something to just get things off your chest to. I don't know how you feel about medicines for mental health wellness, but sometimes our depression and anxiety is not something we can lift by ourselves.