Notices

Whiney Houston found dead

Old 02-12-2012, 05:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Whiney Houston found dead

Sooooo...... I'm thinking she OD'd?
I read where she was wasted at an event earlier this week. What a shame she didn't come clean long enough to enjoy her accomplishments. Dead at 48 - what a shame.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Does anyone know if she cleaned up and her death was something unrelated?

Updated:
No illegal drugs have been found in the hotel room where Whitney Houston died -- at least not yet -- but prescription drugs were present, and it's possible the singer drowned in the bathtub ... TMZ has learned.

Sources tell us ... when EMTs arrived Whitney's body was already removed from the bathtub so it will take an autopsy to determine if she OD'd, drowned or died from some other cause.

Informed sources tell us ... Beverly Hills cops -- who were still searching the room at the time this story was posted -- found various pill bottles. There was no evidence that Whitney was drinking alcohol in the room.

Whitney's body was just removed from the room on a gurney. It will go to the morgue for an autopsy to determine cause of death.

I'm thinking a few Doctors may be on the phone with their attorneys today....
Old 02-12-2012, 05:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Ivan))) - there are all kinds of reports, a few threads on her that I was on last night, but an "official autopsy" is going to take a while. I'm thinking if it wasn't an OD, drugs certainly had done some damage to her body.

My first thought was drugs, too, but regardless of how she died, it's sad. Money, fame, talent, beauty, and family who loved her didn't keep the addiction at bay.

RIP ((Whitney))

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-12-2012, 05:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just another reason I'm taking the hard road to recovery - Diet, Psychologist, exercise, etc...
I know my wife is going to out live me but I don't want it to be by 30 or 40 years. I'm not going make it easy for her to get remarried : )
Old 02-12-2012, 05:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just very sad say a prayer for her family I'm sure they are devestated
Old 02-12-2012, 08:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yeap first thing that came to my mind is an OD. I feel the same way that this is just sad. I am the same age as her and find myself thinking....why it is sooo important to give that crap up and move on to a sober life. Worried that someday this would be me...found dead by my family.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It is very sad. I believe the addict in me identifies with her on that and it hits hard. I'm also a singer, so double whammy. She was a gift. I pray she has finally found the peace that escaped her here on earth.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

very sad indeed. I'm thinking it probably wasn't an OD. I'm betting she had a heart attack or stroke from all those years of crack use. that stuff can thin the walls to your heart and cause an unbelieveable amount of damage.

in any event, we'll see in a few months. I feel so sad for her daughter. what a tragedy.
Rest with God, Whitney.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I was driving home in a snowstorm when this came across the news. Won't ever
forget where I was.
My 9 year old was with me and said "gosh that's so sad"- I'd bet tho' that she didn't have the same thoughts that went through my head---"drugs".

While it's been reported that she had quite a bit to drink and that prescription drugs (mostly benzos) were found in the room, I also wouldn't be a bit surprised if she had heart attack. I would still automatically think "drugs ruined her heart".

I used to think how rotten, how wrong it was that once someone admitted to having a substance abuse problem, that was then what defined them. Forever.
Anything bad that happened was because of drugs/alcohol. Anything and everything. It would make me so mad.
/decides NOT to go on a pointless tangent.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

after reading the fact that they found benzos in her hotel room....i'm betting it was the mix that did it. wow....i did the same thing probably hundreds of times.