Notices

It took me 2 hours to write this!

Old 08-30-2011, 10:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It took me 2 hours to write this!

Who am I sorry to when I feel guilty about my usage? I always feel sorry, but never to myself as I took the decision and Ya!
A life of................................................ ..............
Old 08-30-2011, 10:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

You feel sorry to your friends, family, co-workers, anyone's life you've touched while in active addiction. Is that what you're looking for? I'm confused by your post.

Quite frankly, you shouldn't feel sorry for yourself. You're completely right, you made the decision to use and it is your problem and your problem only. Only you can solve it. But if you're not feeling sorry for yourself, then you're in a pretty good place, because from there you can get clean. If you're not playing victim and feeling pitiful, powerless, or helpless, then you've got it in you to get clean.

Welcome to SR.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hmmmmm, OK
Old 08-30-2011, 10:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

What exactly are you looking for Scrubmuncher? What brought you to SR?
Old 08-31-2011, 05:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Scrub, do you want to get clean and sober or not?

We can't help when you're typing out garbled messages that don't make a whole lot of sense.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
FT

Hey Scrub,

Here is your first post on SR to help you remember why you came here:

Originally Posted by Scrubmuncher View Post
Hi, I joined today as I am in desperate need of some kind of out. I keep putting myself in situations when drunk that I know I will regret, but it is like some form of self harm. I have recently got drunk and started phoning people I barely know telling them alsorts of lies, just for someone to talk to for that moment. The other night I went and knocked on some neighbours doors to tell them I had seen someone climbing the garden fence, I hadn't, I just wanted someone to talk to for that moment, even if brief.
I don't drink every day but when I do I get slaughtered, well and truly. This is now effecting my parents as I have started calling and knocking on thier doors talking crap, really bad stuff.
I'm the most relaxed and down to earth guy you can meet when sober, but I am getting worse and very dangerous as I get older.
A few years ago I got so drunk and lonely I cut my finger off just to take my mind away from being so lonely and otherworldly.
I've always contemplated suicide but I know better times come back eventually. But I can not live like this. Hiding in my bed all week afraid to leave the house for fear of what I may have done or said when drunk. I just don't know how to deal with getting out of the house this time, I'm terrified.
Do you still live in the Dominican Republic?

You clearly need to get some help, and it needs to be like NOW.

A lot of people care about how you are doing. Even here on a recovery forum where no one really even knows you.

FT