Notices

so scared

Old 07-24-2011, 10:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

so scared

I'm new to this bored and today is day 1 of getting clean. I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to do this. I finally broke down and told my fiancé about it lastnight. Nobody else know what's going on. He has been through all this before himself and I know he will stick by myself. I have been taking roxys now for about a year, before that it was hydros. I've had many surgeries which got me addicted and now I just don't know how to stop.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You can do this. It might get worse before it gets better but don't give in!!!

There is support here for you. Just a few weeks ago I was where you are now- a month later. The relief is staggering.

Just hold on.

Thank Carl.

Thank the Universe.

One month and one day.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Have to)))

Glad you are here, that you found this board. It is a HUGE step for you to realize that
what you were prescribed is becoming /has become problematic.

Congratulations for realizing it and having the honesty, courage, strength and willingness to admit it. You know, just by doing that, you have gotten the hardest part over with?

Tellas many people as you can, your doctor, your parents etc....

It CAN be done, and you will be so much happier when you come out of it on the other side, clean.

YOU are WORTHyour recovery~!

Post often. Iam sure people with more experience than me will be along soon. I was able to stop pretty easily and with minimal symtoms. Cold sweats, about 2-3 days of no appetite, and general grumpiness, but i have had flus worse than that.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Awww...sorry ..rough spot to be in!
If you can just make it through THIS day..just this one day!! You have a chance ! Try not to trip on tommorow and take it easy on yourself....it helps when we get the truth out there...Sometimes we think people don't know what is going on..but they usually DO know SOMETHING is up..they may not know exactly WHAT is up...But it cetainly alters the way we interact! It feels good to get the truth out...You are not bad or wrong...addiction is a disease . Seek support...you don't have to do it alone!
love norty
Old 07-25-2011, 06:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you everybody. It feels good knowing there is support and understanding people during this hard time.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Most of us have been through it. It is best to be medically-supervised. STAY HYDRATED !! Drink Gatorade, Powerade, Pedialyte Popsicles ! The most dangerous part of kicking opiates is dehydration !! good luck !
Old 07-25-2011, 12:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by windysan View Post
Most of us have been through it. It is best to be medically-supervised. STAY HYDRATED !! Drink Gatorade, Powerade, Pedialyte Popsicles ! The most dangerous part of kicking opiates is dehydration !! good luck !
Had not heard of this? Really?
Old 07-27-2011, 08:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Havetodoit,

You can do this! I started out by just telling my husband and I frequently used and went through WD for years. Now I am see that my problem is bigger than me. Medical supervision is an excellent idea, and definitely attend some NA meetings. Having a strong support base can really help when those times get tough for us. Just remember we are here for you! Good luck!

Oh, and yes...drink lots of water...narcotics are excreted by the kidneys and it will help to flush the drug out faster...

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!