Notices

So sensitive and insecure after watching tv :\

Old 06-16-2010, 08:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Thumbs down So sensitive and insecure after watching tv :\

Nothing for longer than a minute but news, radio stations, golden girls, E3 *big convention about games that I not only do not understand but do not care for compared to the games in the early 90s and late 80s*... people acting so normal/etc ... made me kinda sad... and insecure, and wow. >_>.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Then perhaps it's better you don't watch tv?
Old 06-16-2010, 12:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Read a book.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Misanthrope

I consider my lack of knowledge about various reality shows/"celebrities" an accomplishment. TV is definitely overrated and insipid the vast majority of the time. A little TV now and then to waste time or for background noise is ok. Avoiding TV just means you have more time to spend on your hobbies.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Find a game you like with replaybility and stick with it as long as your cpu willl runit, no matter how old. I'm a Rome Total War junkie after 4 years. It's a six year old game, but I don't care. I've tried a coupla newwer games and they just don't measure up. Sometimes you have to cut your losses and try something new. My favorite game was "Civil War Generals 2" but its a 16 bit game and my 32 bit cpu wont run it, I had to say goodbye. You don't always have to have the newest game, just find one you love, sorta like with women

IceWolf
Old 07-09-2010, 09:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Ice that is exactly what I do with Heroes of Might and Magic III for PC, thank you :].
Old 07-10-2010, 07:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I do not like television and haven't had it in over twelve years. I get my news from the internet and will never have television in my house again. If television is bothering you I too would suggest not watching it.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

try half-life / team fortress classic... I'm even interested in starting a multiplayer group for older games like quake 1 - 2
Old 07-13-2010, 09:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

TV messes with me as well. I'm in very early recovery, umm...one week...and it just overwhelms me. I'm a 36 year old grown man but in this phase of my sobriety, I have the emotions of a teenage girl...the sight of a dead squirrel on the road makes me tear up!! The TV just doesn't work. It's either too sad, too hectic, or looks like everybody elses lives are a rainbow and mine is a war zone!!!! Sorry if I dug up an old thread!