Making Choices

Old 10-29-2007, 03:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Making Choices

Carefully consider your choices. But don't get so consumed with making the perfect choice that you fail to make any choice at all.

Most choices will involve some degree of compromise. In the real world, the perfect option may not be available to you.

Instead of holding out for a perfect choice that never does come, make the best choice from the options available to you. It's better to move forward with a slight degree of disappointment than to be endlessly stuck on making a decision.

Carefully and wisely consider your options, then go ahead and choose one. Take what you have to work with and begin actually working with it to create real value in your world.

Remember that the fulfillment of your dreams is a journey and not a single step. It is unrealistic and counterproductive to expect that a single choice will solve all your problems or instantly bring you everything you ever hoped for.

Over time, careful, intelligent choices will get you precisely where you want to go, even though each individual choice will involve a little compromise. Keep choosing the best every chance you get, and those dreams will indeed become real.

-- Ralph Marston

Copyright ©2007 Ralph S. Marston, Jr
Old 10-29-2007, 03:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

In my life I have made good choices and bad ones, but I learned from each one something that allowed me to continue a little wiser.

I also learned that I could change my mind, especially when I realized I had made a choice that wasn't good for me.

It's all about the journey and not the destination, and choices are the roads I took along the way.

Hugs
Old 10-29-2007, 08:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Thanks Ann,

I just got done reading this one and came here and seen it and yes this one is very golden to me. I so appreciate the choices that I and all of us here have on a daily basis.

Each morning that I wake up, I need to remind myself that my first choice above and beyond anything is to say clean for this day, when I have that one down than and only than can I move on to other choices that are in front of me.

It is amazing that I used to be scared to make choices in case they were not the right on. However today I do my best just to make the choice at hand and if by chance it isn't the right one that is OK because I can learn from that as well. Again thanks for all that you bring to SR