Know Your Desires

Old 10-31-2007, 03:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Know Your Desires

If you could snap your fingers and make the life of your dreams instantly appear, exactly what would that life look like? While you're working so diligently to move forward, do you have a clear and detailed definition of where you intend to go?

An essential part of achieving what you desire is to know exactly what it is. Unfortunately, the people and events in your world often discourage and dissuade you from seriously considering your own ideas for what life at its best can be.

If you're not diligent about exploring and clarifying your own authentic desires, the world will impose its pre-packaged, shallow and empty desires upon your life. This can leave you frustrated, discouraged and unfulfilled as you strive to work toward goals that have no real meaning for you.

On a regular basis, allow your desires to come bubbling to the surface, so you can more fully understand them and connect with them. Enjoy the fact that there are things for which you truly long, and know that there is a path to every one of them.

Let your vision of what life can be pull you consistently toward its fulfillment. When you are clear about what you seek and why, you'll gain access to the resources and the strategies that will enable you to achieve it.

Instead of suppressing your desires or placing judgments on them, make yourself more and more familiar with their substance. Put real meaning in your life by giving life and energy to the things that mean most to you.

-- Ralph Marston

Copyright ©2007 Ralph S. Marston, Jr.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My mother had a plate hanging in her kitchen and on it were the words..."You've got to have a dream before it can come true."

I've always remembered that plate and time has taught me the truth of those words. If there is something we always wanted, a dream that we want to turn into reality, then all we have to do is focus on that dream and do the work necessary to achieve it.

Hugs
Old 10-31-2007, 04:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Imagine that, a plate teaching you something, I think that's wonderful as we can find love and truth and wisdom everywhere we look. Thank you again Ann my sister.