Notices

Fear of violence because of past

Old 08-18-2014, 03:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fear of violence because of past

Hey i just registered here and i am thankfull for finding this site. I am 21 years old and have been sober for 8 months after many years of alcohol and drug abuse and failed rehab attempts. I have finally started to drop my ego and practice humbleness and go to meetings. I have done my 5,6,7 step resently with pretty good results(done those steps many times befor and never worked). Often times i feel really good and gratefull but there is always this damn anxiety in my gut an head. Now i have accepted anciety long time ago because it has always followed me but now i am having deep fears regularly regarding my past and the things i have done. I knoe there are a lot of people who would be glad to see me dead or beat the living **** oit of me No i have accepted the past and know it is my fault and i pray for these people every day but this terrible anxiety just wont go away and i get absoloutly obsessed thinking about karma coming my way and getting assulted by someone. Please if someone has expirence on this any help is well apreciated. I meditade and pray and am on 30 mg of escilotapram but that just dousnt do the trick
Old 08-19-2014, 06:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Hi Sozzi, just wanted to welcome you to SR and I hope you stick around for support.

I don't have much experience to offer other than to say that meditation, prayer, prescribed medications, and 12 Step programs are all a step in the right direction. Keep working it, and again, welcome.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by sozzi View Post
Hey i just registered here and i am thankfull for finding this site. I am 21 years old and have been sober for 8 months after many years of alcohol and drug abuse and failed rehab attempts. I have finally started to drop my ego and practice humbleness and go to meetings. I have done my 5,6,7 step resently with pretty good results(done those steps many times befor and never worked). Often times i feel really good and gratefull but there is always this damn anxiety in my gut an head. Now i have accepted anciety long time ago because it has always followed me but now i am having deep fears regularly regarding my past and the things i have done. I knoe there are a lot of people who would be glad to see me dead or beat the living **** oit of me No i have accepted the past and know it is my fault and i pray for these people every day but this terrible anxiety just wont go away and i get absoloutly obsessed thinking about karma coming my way and getting assulted by someone. Please if someone has expirence on this any help is well apreciated. I meditade and pray and am on 30 mg of escilotapram but that just dousnt do the trick
Hang in there - Sounds like you are diligently working the steps. Is your sponsor helping you with step 8 = making amends?

This should be a windfall of relief(I am told) when you do it!!!

Hang in there, you're doing great!!!

And ya, there are some people that probably want to kick my arse as well.....maybe there the same people>??? haaaa , haaaa
Old 08-19-2014, 06:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome!

There are many folks here on SR with a past that is none too good. That's ok. You are making positive steps. There comes a time that you make amends and move forward. Trust in your HP to keep you on the right track and keep you safe. It's very unlikely any of these people are obsessed with you as you seem to fear.

Keep your focus on you and your recovery. Keep coming to SR, you will receive lots of good input here.

XXX

PS...I should have said first, Congratulations on all of your hard work!
Old 08-19-2014, 06:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Life in recovery and even life in
general is never gonna be perfect.
Nothing is absolutely prefect.

However just as others have mentioned
continue on your journey striving to be
better in all areas of your life.

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

Use your recovery program to help
you remain sober or clean.

Use your physician confiding in them
honestly about recovery and addictions
and I always ask for meds if needed that
are not narcotic or habit forming so they
don't interfere with my sobriety because
it is that important to me to remain sober.

Physicians also if used honestly can help
us achieve a healthier brighter out look
on life by adjusting our chemical imbalance
within our minds and bodies.

Use you Faith for spiritual progress.

It took me yrs of drinking to do damage
in many areas of my life and now with a
program of recovery to incorporate in my
everyday life it will take some time to correct
all the wrongs and damage done when drinking.

Keep moving forward and the promises
will come true for many yrs to come.
All to be treasured and be grateful for.

I call them GIFTS in recovery.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all for welcoming me! I am working in the 8 th step to answer the first question so hopefully that will help. Im gonna keep trying to trust in god like someone mentioned. Thank yall!