Notices

I had a really bad relaps, experiment went bad

Old 04-26-2017, 07:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I had a really bad relaps, experiment went bad

I got some anxiety pills, Xanax and Valium, I thought I could beat the system but those things just made me want to drink and that I did. Before I knew it I needed to drink.

Its set off that phenomenon of craving 10 times more then straight drinking does with me.

Total disaster, then I had to get sober again and I forgot what that was about. Anxiety attacks, that agoraphobia going outside is scary, just food shopping and being around people scary.

I forgot what that part is about. I did not beat the system at all I thought I was going to, knock down anxiety have a little fun what a disaster a whole month like that then 3 weeks to feel normal again.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome to SR BetterNow. Sorry you found out the hard way with the benzos, but it isn't like we all didn't try to "cheat" the system of addiction at one point. You'll find a lot if suport here and info on how to stay sober, hope you can stick around.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I hope our support can help you get sober for good.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Being Sober is Awesome

My last drink was mixed with my then prescribed prozac. Lets
Just say it didnt turn out well that night. . Horrible situation. Thank God I made it out alive.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

benzo's are very addictive
Old 04-26-2017, 11:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome BetterNow

D
Old 04-26-2017, 11:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Nice to meet you
Old 04-27-2017, 05:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi all and it really did go bad, I was 'sober' for like 5 years, I would fall off the wagon every so often and get toasted for one night but then wakeup with a nasty headache and hangover that really served as a deterrent from doing it again for a wile.

So my thinking was if the sky did not fall from occasional alcohol use I should be able to take anxiety pills, I know of people in AA do it its medication.

They can I can't. I took a pill before going to the mall thinking it would be fun going to the mall without anxiety feeling good but all I wanted to do was get a drink to feel extra good and I got one then I really wanted another but did not want a DUI so I hung out in the mall for a wile then went to liqueur store for a bottle and went home, then that bottle empty so I walked uptown to the bar.

Then I woke up with a headache and real bad anxiety so I took another one of those pills and felt better but I really wanted a drink so I got some, this went on for a wile.

It really went bad I got in some trouble alienated people and was nasty, I guess lesson learned but I did not think it would get that bad that fast.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
benzo's are very addictive
I know but the first time I became addicted I did not know what addiction was.

I thought addiction was falling in love with the high, I did not know that addiction really is avoiding withdrawal reactions.

When the warning label said "may be addictive" I thought that meant "you may fall in love with the effects" no one explained what withdrawal was.

So armed with my knowledge I figured don't take them every day and withdrawal hell won't get me.

I did not calculate for them causing an almost irresistible craving for alcohol, that was messed up.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad you are here.

Addiction can mean multiple things - for me, it is dependence/reliance, unmanageability of my life, complete and consuming focus on one thing - mine was alcohol. Being free of it is the best thing I have ever done.

Hope to see you around.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SteveAlex View Post
My last drink was mixed with my then prescribed prozac. Lets
Just say it didnt turn out well that night. . Horrible situation. Thank God I made it out alive.
That I know about, they always loaded me up on pills in treatment.

Its because the treatment industry has been totally corrupted by the crooked pharmaceutical and psychiatric industry.

Before anyone shouts conspiracy theorist at me think about the math of it.

1. Antidepressant drugs produce clinical improvement only with a minority of patients.

2. Then factor in the success rate of treatment, its very unfortunate but the majority of people take a wile to get it and drink again after treatment. Credentialed alcoholism counselors typically tell their patients that only 1 in 12 (many counselors use the ratio of 1 in 30) will "make it."

3. Mixing alcohol and anti depressants is dangerous.

Knowing these 3 things even with the differing numbers you find online or see in real life if you have been around recovery for a wile it is highly illogical to put almost everyone who walks into most treatment centers on antidepressants cause they should know most people are going to combine them with alcohol soon after.

Overall its more harm then good. You can't argue with math.

I remember my last inpatient with "Dr Zoloft" that lady put everyone on that stuff, what a complete joke that lady was. Everyone complained in group.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Glad you are here.

Addiction can mean multiple things - for me, it is dependence/reliance, unmanageability of my life, complete and consuming focus on one thing - mine was alcohol. Being free of it is the best thing I have ever done.

Hope to see you around.
I was in the beginning dependent on alcohol, then the pills came and I went down hill like a lead bowling ball.

Alcohol is pretty pointless now cause my tolerance grows back so fast that the amount I need to defeat the handicap of anxiety makes me too drunk so it no longer is productive.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Powerful message Better. Thanks for sharing. A puff of weed had exactly the same effect on me. I agree that it is highly dangerous to mix alcohol and medication, and even worse to suddenly stop some meds and start drinking at the same time. I have seen it happen often, and I wonder what the doctors are thinking putting alcoholics in rehab on some of this stuff, if they know, as you say, the likelihood of them drinking again is so high. But what can you do. Doctor knows best.
Old 04-28-2017, 12:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Throw the pills out: you can't be high and sober at the same time. AA worked for me, the fellowship supported me emotionally until I could deal with life on life's terms.
Old 04-28-2017, 01:59 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Mixing benzos like those and alcohol can literally kill you.
Hopefully you toss them out and go back to sobriety. It sounds like you had a solid path with sobriety, that is the only way to beat alcohol.