Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Diary of a Mad Cow, Part XIV: "Happy Birthday to Moo"

Notices

Diary of a Mad Cow, Part XIV: "Happy Birthday to Moo"

Old 10-10-2015, 08:18 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Hm.
People say astrology is bs.
Always without fail it is the same signs who have problems with me, the same ones my books tell me.
I think there's something to it.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:25 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Actually there is something to it. I am a Gemini with Aries rising, moon in Capricorn. Sun conjunct Mars and Saturn in the 5th house. I am the complete embodiment. Truly. I love astrology.
Old 10-11-2015, 03:49 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  
Omnivore

Originally Posted by Cow View Post
. I fighting for my life while all the tropical birdies was chirp and sing. And if it was to be my end, they would just keep chirp and sing, as they should.
Yes I'm sure that is how it would have gone. I wonder if the birds would think something though, if maybe they noticed you and worried a little? Probably not. However, I know if I see a birdie struggling, I feel sad. If I see it die, I bury it with a heavy heart.

We humans are peculiar that way. Not sure it is a good thing.

Old 10-12-2015, 11:28 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Cow,

How are you? Hope the vertigo is better and you and the bad ass are off doing what bad asses do in the woods.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:33 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Thanks Droppy!

Vertigo gone but still tachycardia, so no hikes, but we was able to go bad ass 4-wheeling. She want to drive up huge old mine dump piles. She crazy!

Sunday night her dog barking like crazy, so I think is racoon on the porch and turn on porch light and open door and was 10-12 javelina in the lot eating old fallen acorn! Dog race out for I could stop her and start try to herd them (is sheep dog). They charging her and she charging them. Andrea screaming and I yelling for them all to SHUT UP, cuz is very late and not want to wake neighbors. Then javelina start charging us. We can't get pigs out of lot cuz dog keep herding them back in! Was madness and lot of screaming. I pretty sure we was gonna end up at vet hospital or regular hospital that night, but we manage to chases them off! Good times! Also saw flock of wild turkey in the forest. (Not drinkable kind.)

Walk, I also feel sad anytime I see animal suffer. I not think they has same empathy for us though. It just not would be good "instinct" for them to has. The deer is super curious though. They never runaway. They stop and look at me, even with the loud bike running. I never understands why people talk about "hunting" deer. Is more like deer just stand there inquizically cuz they interested in you ...and you blows them away.

PS. Good for you little Kittycat, you keepa go!
Old 10-13-2015, 12:07 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Sounds like heaps of fun, Cow :-)

Deer are so pretty. I don't get the 'deer hunting' thing either. We've had a few hunting accidents where hunters have confused their hunting partners for deer. It's awful but you can't help but think a little bit...well don't play with guns and shoot things for 'fun' and it won't happen.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:55 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Thanks Droppy!

Vertigo gone but still tachycardia, so no hikes, but we was able to go bad ass 4-wheeling. She want to drive up huge old mine dump piles. She crazy!

Sunday night her dog barking like crazy, so I think is racoon on the porch and turn on porch light and open door and was 10-12 javelina in the lot eating old fallen acorn! Dog race out for I could stop her and start try to herd them (is sheep dog). They charging her and she charging them. Andrea screaming and I yelling for them all to SHUT UP, cuz is very late and not want to wake neighbors. Then javelina start charging us. We can't get pigs out of lot cuz dog keep herding them back in! Was madness and lot of screaming. I pretty sure we was gonna end up at vet hospital or regular hospital that night, but we manage to chases them off! Good times! Also saw flock of wild turkey in the forest. (Not drinkable kind.)

Walk, I also feel sad anytime I see animal suffer. I not think they has same empathy for us though. It just not would be good "instinct" for them to has. The deer is super curious though. They never runaway. They stop and look at me, even with the loud bike running. I never understands why people talk about "hunting" deer. Is more like deer just stand there inquizically cuz they interested in you ...and you blows them away.

PS. Good for you little Kittycat, you keepa go!
Holy cow, Cow...is your friends dog a border collie? I know how those dawgs love to herd! Thankfully, nobody ended up at the emergency veterinary or regular hospitals.

Have you had the heart thing monitored/investigated? I have an issue that emerges in cases of stress...I actually get an extra heart beat- I think it's called a PVC, or premature ventricular contraction. It's completely benign, but can go on for days or weeks and it's really scary. I mostly only get it for a few hours at a time.

Has your heart situation been officially diagnosed?

I hope you are having a good day.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Hi Elsk, yes, the doggie was border collie. (Hey doggie, those is NOT sheeps!) I has MVP and significant pectus (organic conditions that can affect heartbeat), and also LAFB (electrical problem from my OD). So, is always hard to tell why heart get tachy. But I not like it one bit. It cause me to also be short of breath. And plus also, as I sure you know, it never exactly good feeling when you heart is flopping about in you chest.

Hi Shabs, let not get to crazy now. Would not say I having full on "fun," but I definite is have some, is everybody sit down... times of pleasantness that maybe even creep into enjoyments! So, perhaps fun is imminent! Or, is end of world coming! Or, I gonna see all those wild piggies flying tonight!
Old 10-13-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

I have been out in the land of I-don't -know-where and I just saw Suki's post about the tree urn. That is a great idea. I love this. I always think of the earth as a warm welcoming place. And to be a tree? Bliss.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:19 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Ah, PVCs! Got those. Scares hell out of new doctors. Quitting smoking pretty much did away with mine. About 15 years ago, I was in for an employment physical. The doctor had a hard time that day. First he found the bone knot in my chest...right over my heart. Then he heard the PVCs. "We need to stress test you". Ultrasound, stress test. I'm on their treadmill doing 4+ miles an hour on an uphill grade and my heart is now in metronome mode. Steady and healthy. I had told him exercise always got rid of them. Anyway, he drops in the room with an intern in tow explaining all about how they were concerned and evaluating my possible heart condition. Looks at the monitor, looks at my smiling face, and lack of exertion..."Get the hell off my treadmill! There's nothing wrong with you!" "Told ya'".
Old 10-13-2015, 06:44 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Hi Shabs, let not get to crazy now. Would not say I having full on "fun," but I definite is have some, is everybody sit down... times of pleasantness that maybe even creep into enjoyments! So, perhaps fun is imminent! Or, is end of world coming! Or, I gonna see all those wild piggies flying tonight!

Lol! Most I've laughed in a week.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:53 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

i know the feeling, Cow.
getting an echocardiogram in November to see if they can figure out why i get the tachycardia moments. though my almost-fainting doesn't always coincide with that; in fact, it usually doesn't.
what fun it is to have bodies!
Old 10-13-2015, 07:57 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  
p***enger

I've been enjoying everyone's recent posts. This thread's getting to be a little pocket of sunshine.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:33 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  
now's the time

Javelinas! I've both hoped to and hoped not to see those on every hike I've taken in the south west. Your story has pushed me a bit over to the "hope not to" side. But given that there were no injuries, that sounds like a fittingly bad ass wildlife encounter.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:45 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

I had to look them up. I thought they threw those at the Olympics.

Ha ha!!! Fittingly bad ass.... :-D
Old 10-13-2015, 09:58 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Originally Posted by courage2 View Post
I've been enjoying everyone's recent posts. This thread's getting to be a little pocket of sunshine.
How dares you!
Old 10-14-2015, 07:24 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  
p***enger

How dares you!
Good morning, chippy. I not only dares, I dares to wish you, next time you lie down, a bed of California stars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxzMbAMO73k
Old 10-14-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Wow courage, you really living up to your name -- you very brave.

Maybe cow sick one of her Olympic Javelinas on you.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:38 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  
p***enger

I lived in southern Az for more than a decade. I ain't 'fraid of no peccary. (well, a little, but it's more like reasonable caution)
Old 10-14-2015, 09:32 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

you guys use such big words -- drops not sure yet what a Javelina is and now you are off with the peccary talk.