Notices

The trurth comes out

Old 01-11-2015, 01:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

The trurth comes out

Meeting with my kids in a few hours and telling them Daddy is going away for a month. Scared sh1tless and nervous. I love those kids with all my heart. I would give up my life in an instant for them. What am I worth without them?
Old 01-11-2015, 02:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so glad you are talking to them. I saw your other thread & didnt congratulate you yet. What you are doing is amazing all around. If you continue you, you will die. That would be way harder to hear than "dad is sick and is going to the hospital, but will be ok"

Again...SO glad you are doing this! You were given a huge gift!
Old 01-11-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GetMeOut View Post
Meeting with my kids in a few hours and telling them Daddy is going away for a month. Scared sh1tless and nervous. I love those kids with all my heart. I would give up my life in an instant for them. What am I worth without them?

Hi.

I suggest you reread your post a few times.

First is the fact that we get sober for OURSELF first because if we don’t all bets are off! Like it or not!

Loving them is great but acting and feeling less than is certainly not even a fair example to set.

Sorry I am so blunt but sometimes we need a kick in the s to get the needed attention.

Life is not a totally smooth road and we need to develop coping skills along with being good examples.

BE WELL
Old 01-11-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
KAD

Originally Posted by IOAA2 View Post
Hi.

First is the fact that we get sober for OURSELF first because if we don’t all bets are off! Like it or not!

Loving them is great but acting and feeling less than is certainly not even a fair example to set.

Sorry I am so blunt but sometimes we need a kick in the s to get the needed attention.

Life is not a totally smooth road and we need to develop coping skills along with being good examples.

BE WELL
Yeah, not sure I understand your meaning. They are the reason I am even still alive. Don't cone between them and me.You will lose.
Old 01-11-2015, 06:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

GMO, the intended nudge was to get you to see you are making the best decision for the kids, yourself and having a future at all. We're all rootin' for ya. Safe travels.
Old 01-11-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Old 01-11-2015, 06:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My mom used to tell me and everyone how much she loved me, and that she would die for me, that I was her reason for living, etc.

She ended up killing herself. She was an alcoholic and prescription drug addict.

Your kids can't keep you alive. They can't save you from yourself, or save you from this addiction.

Only you can do that.

Get yourself to rehab.
Old 01-11-2015, 06:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
KAD

Originally Posted by SoberJennie View Post
My mom used to tell me and everyone how much she loved me, and that she would die for me, that I was her reason for living, etc.

She ended up killing herself. She was an alcoholic and prescription drug addict.

Your kids can't keep you alive. They can't save you from yourself, or save you from this addiction.

Only you can do that.

Get yourself to rehab.
Well. I'm, going
Old 01-11-2015, 06:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberJennie View Post

Only you can do that.

Get yourself to rehab.
This. ^

You're saving your kids by going to rehab. They may not understand it now, but some day they'll thank you.

Good luck, friend.
Old 01-11-2015, 06:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
KAD

Hi.

BE WELL
I just reread this and it is quite offensive. Yeah, you are a bit too blunt. Dry drunk comes to mind. The kids are not the ONLY reason I am doing this, but they damn sure are a major motivation.
Old 01-11-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
KAD

Hi.

BE WELL
I'm sorry if I came across as harsh. I'm drunk and scared to death of going to rehab. Thank airwick for pointing out that I was a bit too mean.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
zjw

your brave. I think if it was rehab and 30 days without my kids or trying to kick the habit myself (and probably failing) i'd choose the later. I'd be too scared to be without my kids for 30 days even tho it might be for my own good etc...

Good luck.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:14 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Just get there and focus. Do anything in the world you have to to stay sober. You can do it!

Don't be drunk when you meet up with your children, and don't make empty promises. Just make sure they know they are loved, that is clear to see!
Old 01-12-2015, 10:16 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi.

You understand the lingo as I did for a long time, the next thing was/is to work the program as it’s laid out, not the way I want it with the consequences which results in continuous misery.

Blunt = the facts which many don’t like and won’t accept.

BE WELL
Old 01-12-2015, 11:16 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
zjw

Hi.

You understand the lingo as I did for a long time, the next thing was/is to work the program as it’s laid out, not the way I want it with the consequences which results in continuous misery.

Blunt = the facts which many don’t like and won’t accept.

BE WELL
Yeah lotta truth there things are laid out maybe not how we would like it but we tend to think we should get everything on our terms and it doesnt work that way sometimes we gotta step out of our comfort zone if we want to get better.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:30 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

pretty much everything im proud of was a step beyond my comfort zone. good luck. work hard! enjoy the food!
Old 01-14-2015, 11:03 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
Just get there and focus. Do anything in the world you have to to stay sober. You can do it!

Don't be drunk when you meet up with your children, and don't make empty promises. Just make sure they know they are loved, that is clear to see!
I truely new that my alcohol father loved me but that did not help me to forgive him for taking my childhood away from me and my siblings. It is unforgivable and unforgettable, the beatings, the sexual abuse, the emotional abuse, the violence all whilst he was drunk. The man was angelic sober but by then the damage had been done. I would beg anybody, don't bring life into the world and screw it up, it's so unfair. If your children mean anything at all to you then say "NO" to that first drink and remain sober! I wish you well.
Old 01-14-2015, 04:43 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I wish my father admitted his addiction like this and went into recovery. Hasn't once apologized for his drug use.

As for the other stuff on this thread, I think in recovery you'll find that some people replace immoderate drinking with immoderate advice offering. I regard it an an exercise in patience!
Old 01-14-2015, 04:53 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good luck Getmeout sending strenght & hope
Old 01-14-2015, 05:10 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good luck to you. Whatever your reasons are right now, you will discover many more as you begin your journey back to the human being God intended you to be.

Actually, it was my family I did it for initially. In that, I found one million things I liked about myself again. Now it's still about them, but it's also about me too.

Sending prayers your way!